OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
It was bound to happen with Nolan. At least we had him for awhile.

That makes no sense. If it was bound to happen with him, he wouldn’t have re-signed here. They sold him on the idea of competing for years. However after they extended him, they’ve done nothing to build around him.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That makes no sense. If it was bound to happen with him, he wouldn’t have re-signed here. They sold him on the idea of competing for years. However after they extended him, they’ve done nothing to build around him.

Exactly.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
It just seems to be a constant cycle of getting these elite players and then losing them after not building anything.
They made the playoffs in back to back seasons just recently. If I remember right, they were 3rd in bWAR for starting pitchers in those seasons and they were mostly homegrown. They have built good teams, they just don’t know what to do after that because their front office are delusional morons that decided to piss off their best player for some reason.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
They made the playoffs in back to back seasons just recently. If I remember right, they were 3rd in bWAR for starting pitchers in those seasons and they were mostly homegrown. They have built good teams, they just don’t know what to do after that because their front office are delusional morons that decided to piss off their best player for some reason.

I don't follow baseball enough to actually know the context of all of it, so you could 100% be right. But it just seems like its only a matter of time till our elite players get traded or leave.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
I don't follow baseball enough to actually know the context of all of it, so you could 100% be right. But it just seems like its only a matter of time till our elite players get traded or leave.
I mean, that happens all the time in MLB.

Washington just lost their superstar player in back to back offseasons. Cleveland’s owner told the fans to enjoy watching the best SS in the league while they can while showing 0 signs of trying to re-sign him. Majority of MLB owners are in it to make profit.

edit: also the Cubs are open to trading Bryant while making 0 moves to improve the team.

Last edited:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Wait what, you mean to tell me that you lost 90 games last year, made absolutely no moves in the off-season to attempt to rectify this issue, then attempted to trade your best player, failed to do so, and now your best player feels disrespected...gee I wonder why that is.. if you can't tell this is sarcasm, no shit Arenado is pissed. Hope he get traded from this clown show.

All kidding aside, the Rockies are a joke. Not sure how any fans can support this organization at the moment. They literally have no desire to even make this team remotely competitive. They are perfectly content to have losing season after losing season. And honestly it's the fans fault, no matter how crappy they are they still get huge attendance numbers. The only way things change is if the fans stop giving them money. Stop going to the games. There are plenty of fun things to do downtown that don't involve a crappy baseball team and giving them money for a shit product.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's a shame that this organization has taken the metric tons of goodwill from their fans and regularly flush it down the toilet. Their response to fan displeasure is "Well, you don't have to attend the games."

They're actually doing a lot of things right, and if they weren't run by such arrogant assholes who view their fans with such contempt, they'd put a more concerted effort to not only win, but to engender fan support.

Sadly, the PR team is actually halfway decent but you can only polish a turd so much.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
They should’ve fired Bridich years ago, whatever, way to kill the hopeful Walker HOF buzz, Rockies!

Reactions: Pokecheque

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Im anxiously awaiting the day when the Monforts ask for public money to restore Coors Field, get denied, Rockies leave, and we get some other expansion club/fresh owners in here.

I guess Arenado doesn’t want to be the only thing on the roster selling tickets for the next 10 years. Can’t say I blame the dude. The most notable acquisition the Rockies made this offseason is the purchase of the Wynkoop Plaza parking lot to make some more bars! Yeaaaaaaaah Rockies! <sarcasm if you can’t detect it.....>

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Good Lord...what a sigh of relief.

I take back all the bad shit I used to say about him. I was wrong.

This was potentially the worst 48 hours in Rockies history, so it's nice that there's a dose of good news to counteract the shitshow we've been witnessing the last 24 hours.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Todd might not make it until his final year as well.
Next year will tell a lot since there's basically no new names on the ballot. Think the best player is like Mark Buehrle or Tim Hudson.

Guessing Schilling gets in next year, and who knows after that. All I know is Vizquel is still gonna get more votes than Rolen and I'll keep slamming my head on the wall with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad