OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
You gotta appreciate Michael Malone trolling everyone by not playing MPJ.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
You gotta appreciate Michael Malone trolling everyone by not playing MPJ.

It was nice to see him out there in the second half. He'll be able to help the Nuggets if he can stay healthy. That could be on the court with this team or in a trade for Bradley Beal. A potential Harris, MPJ, a pick, and whatever else is needed for salaries to work for Beal trade is one of the most obvious deals that gets brought up.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Nothing like watching the Dodgers lose. I hate baseball because of these power teams that just buy their way to the playoffs. But man is it enjoyable when they lose. Go Tampa lowest payroll in the league.

Reactions: 5280

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I think two years from now Gary Harris will be a better overall player than Beal.
Not sure about that but there is no need for the Nuggets to trade away quality pieces to get Beal. Harris is a solid player, and there is no sense in trading a talent like Porter Jr without giving him ample time to show us what he's got.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Nothing like watching the Dodgers lose. I hate baseball because of these power teams that just buy their way to the playoffs. But man is it enjoyable when they lose. Go Tampa lowest payroll in the league.

I don't know what it is about Kershaw that sucks so bad in the playoffs... guy is a fantastic pitcher in the regular season, but just tends to blow it every postseason at some point.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I don't know what it is about Kershaw that sucks so bad in the playoffs... guy is a fantastic pitcher in the regular season, but just tends to blow it every postseason at some point.
He is struggle mode in the playoffs. It's shocking considering how dominant of a regular season pitcher he is.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Going to the Broncos game tomorrow. Taking my grandma, who just turned 76 and has never been to a Broncos game. She is excited.

My condolences to your grandma. Hope the experience was at least enjoyable, because god only knows how pathetic the product on the field is.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
All I can say is WOW. I've watched football for over 30 years, and that Broncos performance was arguably the worst I've ever seen by a professional team.

Flacco might have been tolerable 10 years ago, but now he is a shell of a player that looks like he is permanently stuck in cement and has lost all ability to even detect the simplest of coverages or rushes. If he is still playing when Lock becomes available it's a joke, he isn't even remotely serviceable are this point. I'd kill for Keenum or Siemian at this point, and that is saying something since I can't stand either of those guys.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I'd rather start Lock as soon as we can and give him the rest of the season. See if there is anything there, and if there isn't, draft whatever qb with our top 5 pick

Yeah, as much as I believe that Kaepernick should be on an NFL roster (and it's purely from a standpoint that even as a backup he'd be better than, at minimum, 50% of the NFL backups now), I'd rather the Broncos see what they have in Lock when he's ready. Give it a real, honest, go of it this season, and if they do not think he can be a franchise QB, you have to take one if you're going to be in position to do so. So whether that's Tua, Fromm, Herbert, or whoever, they have to get that position filled. Success in the NFL today is entirely predicated on having a franchise QB.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Kaepernick is dual threat QB who turns 32 next month. At what age will people stop assuming he can actually play? 36?

Dude apparently has a longer shelf life than any typical NFL RB.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Kaepernick is dual threat QB who turns 32 next month. At what age will people stop assuming he can actually play? 36?

The guy is a special athlete. But that doesn’t make you a good QB.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Flacco might have been tolerable 10 years ago, but now he is a shell of a player that looks like he is permanently stuck in cement
Watched a little of game last night, not that I care for the NFL, but all my work friends love them and its quite hilarious to see them get so angry. Not sure I can agree with this statement, don't get me wrong that Flacco has the running speed of an 85 year old bloke using a walker trying to run away from a cheetah in tar while pulling the space shuttle...but he had like seven sacks on him in the first half alone. What the hell can the bloke do when he's under so much pressure constantly?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

On one hand, he's been out of the NFL for a long time, would suggest that he wouldn't be the same if he were to come back in.

On the other hand, that's multiple years of not having the typical NFL wear-and-tear on his body.

The point is, at this point he would be a more-than-serviceable backup QB. And aside from rumors when he was first released, there is nothing to suggest that he wouldn't accept a backup job. Absolutely nothing. So when I see teams reaching in and going for the likes of Lynch, Tom Savage, Brandon Weeden, Austin Davis, etc. (this is all over the last few seasons), it makes me wonder why they're not bringing in the best talent available to fill a position they perceive to be a weakness/need.

And obviously, that is a rhetorical question, I expect people to respond with "because the media circus!" Well, Tim f***ing Tebow got not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 goddamn chances at being an NFL QB (the Broncos, Jets, Patriots, and finally the Eagles). And he brought with him a nearly unparalleled media circus. AB brings a media circus wherever he goes, and he showed that in Pittsburgh, then Oakland, and then finally NE. Should he somehow find a way to escape punishment in his ongoing stuff, then I suspect he'll be on an NFL team bringing a media circus there too.

I'm going to remove that from my argument and just go with what I believe is indisputable: as a backup QB, Colin Kaepernick would be better than, at minimum, 50% of the current NFL backup QB's.

Reactions: Lemonlimey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad