OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
With the way roughing the passer has been called, it devalues spending the #5 on an Edge Rusher.

That and when it's already a position of strength for your team. I like Chubb but he was redundant with Shaq already here. Elway's refusal to address the interior defense the last few years, coupled with the end of the "no fly zone", has made the defense extremely one-dimensional. Negate the edge rushers and all of a sudden the defense isn't just pedestrian - it's downright bad.

I don't see how anyone looked at the roster coming into the season and was optimistic; the overall lack of talent and depth was evident. Also, Fangio's scheme (for example, dropping outside LBs into zone coverage) didn't particularly fit the personnel. Now just a few games into the season with injuries already stacking up, the team already looks lost. Harris and Von and the other "leaders" don't even want to speak to the media. Elway is out doing his pharma tour and whatever other side gigs that keep his pockets full. The murky ownership situation seems to mean accountability is hard to come by so long as it's the good ol' boys are cozy at Dove Valley. It's a bad situation and I think it's going to get worse before it gets better.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
In a more important news, Rockies got a new TV deal. Now we wait for the money details, they had one of the worst deals in the league.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
In a more important news, Rockies got a new TV deal. Now we wait for the money details, they had one of the worst deals in the league.

Hopefully this means they broadcast all 162 games, and I don't have to listen to Drew Goodman make excuses about why the other 12 aren't on local TV.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Hopefully this means they broadcast all 162 games, and I don't have to listen to Drew Goodman make excuses about why the other 12 aren't on local TV.
Nope, the press only stated "at least 150 live Rockies games"

Also they're keeping Goodman, Huson, etc. so this TV deal sucks atm.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
MLL Semifinals and Finals this weekend

Friday night at DU, TV on ESPNews:
5:00 PM Chesapeake Bayhawks vs Atlanta Blaze
8:00 PM Denver Outlaws vs Boston Cannons

Finals 11:00 AM Sunday at Dick's Sporting Goods Park, TV on ESPN2

Outlaws are trying to win their second Championship in a row and fourth in the last six seasons.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Been reading some quotes from the Monforts and Bridich and this is my conclusion. We're f***ed, so f***ing f***ed.

At least we have Tim Connelly running a sport team in Denver, that's one Denver sports' team that isn't run by morons.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Been reading some quotes from the Monforts and Bridich and this is my conclusion. We're ****ed, so ****ing ****ed.

At least we have Tim Connelly running a sport team in Denver, that's one Denver sports' team that isn't run by morons.

Yep, even Groke couldn't help but take a few not-so-veiled pot shots at Dick and Jeff in his story about the presser.

Again, Jeff Bridich is like his predecessor--he's more interested in altering Coors Field than he is in building a competent baseball team.

Nolan's gonna use his opt-out clause and I can't blame him one bit.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Outlaws erased a 6 goal deficit to win 17-15.

They will play the Chesapeake Bayhawks on Sunday morning at 11 AM, TV on ESPN2. Game is at the Rapids' stadium. Championship game, Outlaws trying to win their 4th title in 6 seasons.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Some crazy rugby results for the lads we've watched some of the games. My boys Wales freakin' beat Australia, however we had a major upset with Japan beating Ireland in a shocker.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Some crazy rugby results for the lads we've watched some of the games. My boys Wales freakin' beat Australia, however we had a major upset with Japan beating Ireland in a shocker.

You support Wales? Good stuff. My family is all from South Wales and we're all big rugby fans. Are you of Welsh descent?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You support Wales? Good stuff. My family is all from South Wales and we're all big rugby fans. Are you of Welsh descent?
I mean I might be somewhere, but what I currently know I am Polish with some other Eastern European thrown in. Nah, I don't cheer for Wales on a nationalistic side, but on a more "they have such a fun team to watch" side.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I mean I might be somewhere, but what I currently know I am Polish with some other Eastern European thrown in. Nah, I don't cheer for Wales on a nationalistic side, but on a more "they have such a fun team to watch" side.

Acceptable. We will treat you as one of our own. Welcome aboard.

Reactions: S E P H

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
The only thing I know about Wales is that I can't understand what the hell boxing commentator/former world champion Barry Jones is saying.

AdamCalderHero

Jul 20, 2010
Coventry, England
I'm just sag in Narita airport waiting for a flight home after two weeks watching the world cup. Been an incredible experience and happy england haven't been on the wrong end of any of the shocks!

Reactions: S E P H
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad