OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
CSU completed a hail mary to the one yard line at the end of the second half and second quarter, lost by one score.

Dammit.

Can we fire Bobo yet?

Can't even beat a MAC school at home when our running back goes for 250 yards.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
For the blokes who like throwball and the Broncos, but don't want to waste their time watching a losing team. The World Cup of Rugby just started and is being presented by NBC and is a superior sport because it doesn't have commercials or stops in time.

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
For the blokes who like throwball and the Broncos, but don't want to waste their time watching a losing team. The World Cup of Rugby just started and is being presented by NBC and is a superior sport because it doesn't have commercials or stops in time.

I’m w you Seph. Who are the favorites All Blacks? Get a lot of Premiership games in the Midwest so am cheering for England.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This is a really bad team...and this is a really bad coach.
Perhaps there is a legit lack of talent, but I watched some parts today and it seems that the play calling is absolutely dreadful.
I’m w you Seph. Who are the favorites All Blacks? Get a lot of Premiership games in the Midwest so am cheering for England.
Actually Ireland is currently ranked as the best team in the world, they have amazing defence (and Sexton has developed into a WC player). My team is Wales, but injuries have killed us the past couple of years even though they won the Six Nations, Triple Crown, and Grand Slam last year.

Easy to bet for New Zealand and Australia though, they're still my favourites even if Ireland started the tourney off by demolishing the Scots.

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
Saw some of that game this morning. So awesome that the World Cup goes on for like a month or something. Sexton is pretty awesome, good boot on him. Would love for someone in the northern hemisphere to win this time around.

Reactions: S E P H

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Perhaps there is a legit lack of talent, but I watched some parts today and it seems that the play calling is absolutely dreadful.

Actually Ireland is currently ranked as the best team in the world, they have amazing defence (and Sexton has developed into a WC player). My team is Wales, but injuries have killed us the past couple of years even though they won the Six Nations, Triple Crown, and Grand Slam last year.

Easy to bet for New Zealand and Australia though, they're still my favourites even if Ireland started the tourney off by demolishing the Scots.
There are a lot of issues with the Broncos, but the main ones are a coaching staff that is in way over their heads and a lack of talent.

Maybe there was a good reason Fangio was never given a head coaching shot until now, because he looks like a fish out of water. Lots of really bad decisions are coming from that staff right now.

Plus it's very evident that our talent level is very poor. No offensive line, a mediocre aging QB, sporadic WRs, garbage TEs which includes Fant who is looking like a major waste of a pick. As for defense no LBs, mediocre secondary outside of Harris and Simmons.

You're going to have a bad time when you lack talent and are poorly coached. This team isn't going anywhere until they jettison Elway. The guy is simply running the team into the ground with his decision making. It's time to trade some of the high paid players including Von Miller, and start a rebuild.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
There are a lot of issues with the Broncos, but the main ones are a coaching staff that is in way over their heads and a lack of talent.

Maybe there was a good reason Fangio was never given a head coaching shot until now, because he looks like a fish out of water. Lots of really bad decisions are coming from that staff right now.

Plus it's very evident that our talent level is very poor. No offensive line, a mediocre aging QB, sporadic WRs, garbage TEs which includes Fant who is looking like a major waste of a pick. As for defense no LBs, mediocre secondary outside of Harris and Simmons.

You're going to have a bad time when you lack talent and are poorly coached. This team isn't going anywhere until they jettison Elway. The guy is simply running the team into the ground with his decision making. It's time to trade some of the high paid players including Von Miller, and start a rebuild.
Okay there Gruden.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
This is Elway's last season. I don't even think he's going to put up a fight. The resignation will be in at the end of the year.
I hope you're right. It's very clear that he can't evaluate talent and sure as hell can't find a reasonable coach.

His trash drafts coupled with not addressing obvious points of weakness is absolutely killing this team. Had Manning not rolled into town we'd be looking at 7+ years of losing football.

Reactions: Grackle Party

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
What I want to know is why he didn't learn his lesson from the previous failure. The only time this team has succeeded in the last 20-30 years is because they had an offensive guy as head coach. Any time they've had a guy come from the defensive side, the results have ranged from disappointing to terrible.

What's worse, Elway's biggest and most costly error was devaluing the best defensive coordinator the Broncos have ever had and letting him jaunt off to Los Angeles.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I want Matt Russell gone so bad. I’ve said this for the last three years. Too chummy with Elway and a horrible judge of talent.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I want Matt Russell gone so bad. I’ve said this for the last three years. Too chummy with Elway and a horrible judge of talent.
They both need to go. They are equally awful at judging talent and building a team.

All you need to do is look at the last 3 non top 10 1st round picks to see they have no clue. Was willing to trade up to get Paxton Lynch, and thought there was nothing wrong with going after a guy, Bolles, who was complete moron, one of the lowest scores ever recorded and on the wonderlic, and couldn't stop holding people in college, when multiple other O line talents were available with less red flags and now traded back to get Fant who hasn't added much to the offense and can't stop making mistakes through his first few games, when Bush, who leads the Steelers in tackles, was sitting right there and would have filled a huge need at middle linebacker. It's just pathetic talent evaluation.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
I really want to go full rebuild. I think it's time.

The defense is not happening. They aren't hungry, they aren't on the same page, and they look very much uninterested.

Trading for Flacco was a mistake. Not that he's been that terrible, but because we should be looking for the future. However, Elway doesn't want to play the long game, he wants to try and create another Peyton Manning situation, but Flacco isn't even remotely close to PM. Trade Flacco and see what we have in Lock. If Lock doesn't show any promise, try to get a top 3 pick to take a QB. It's all about having that QB to begin building around. Just don't let Elway pick him.

Next, I think the coaching staff will have to go again. I think Fangio is a defensive coordinator that belongs in a booth. And I'm sick of watching us play a dink and dump style of offense. I want some imagination, and someone that will try and air it out.

New GM, new coaching staff, new players, the works.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm fine with what the Broncos are doing. Elway should stay as long as he wants, same with Fangio. All fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad