Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Oh well...I don't expect the Nuggets to figure it out this soon. Took them a while to even get here. It's possibly going to be a disappointing finish but I kinda expected them to struggle to make it past the first round. So wish they had drawn the Thunder first!

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Everybody writing them off already?

If they get game 4 they have the home court back. It's not looking good at the moment but it's not time to abandon ship yet.

Anyway, the Mammoth are playing at San Diego tonight. This is the third consecutive weekend where the Mammoth needed either a win or a Vancouver loss to clinch playoff spot. Hopefully they finally get it done this weekend.

Their main problem is they don't have enough offensive firepower. They have a fantastic goalie, good defensemen, good transition players, a decent faceoff guy, and some good depth scoring. But they don't have anybody that can break defenders down one on one and create.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
Man, I know we all have our preferences on Avs announcers... but Jeff Huson for the Rockies has to be one of my all time least favorites, for a number of reasons. Wish they’d bring in Spilly full-time.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
The Nuggets looked like they figured something out about how to play in the playoffs. Big win, how great would it be for both the Nuggets and Avs to be in the final 8 for the first time ever?

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Even though they lost again, the Mammoth clinched a playoff spot today because the Vancouver Warriors lost.

One week left in the regular season, looks like the Mammoth will either get the Saskatchewan Rush or the San Diego Seals in the first round.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Rockies won. 6 out of their last 7.

Went from 3-12 to 9-13.

Nuggets have game 5 at home, Avs moving to round 2, Mammoth clinched a playoff spot.

Things going well for all the teams in town... except the Rapids. I don't watch soccer but I saw their record today and damn... 0 wins, 6 losses, 2 ties. Fewest points and worst goal differential in MLS.

How do they suck that badly?

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
Give me tj hockenson or 1 of the lb's tonight Elway!

edit: I also hope they find a way to get Dalton Risner in the 2nd

Last edited:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Give me tj hockenson or 1 of the lb's tonight Elway!

edit: I also hope that find a way to get Dalton Risner in the 2nd
Lol you're getting your hopes up way too high. It's Elway he'll do the worst thing possible. So expect Haskins or Lock.

There isn't a more incompetent GM in the league.

This team will not get better until they cut ties with him.

His offseason so far... Hire a lame duck coach who is way too old school to succeed in this league, trade for an aging hurt QB who was really never any good even in his prime which was 6 years ago, get into a spat with your second best defensive player because you don't want to pay him. But bring in two guys that are as old or older that play the same position aren't as good as him and pay them. Then go around acting like you have a championship caliber team, when you'll be lucky to win 6 games in a tough division.

The guy is a clown of a GM, and he is going to further cement that by doing something miserable tonight.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
How many of these "incompetent" GMs won five division titles, 2 conference titles, and a Super Bowl (plus an Arena Bowl for good measure)?

Not endorsing Elway's draft prowess by any means but Chet is going overboard, as per usual.

Reactions: MonsterMack

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
How many of these "incompetent" GMs won five division titles, 2 conference titles, and a Super Bowl (plus an Arena Bowl for good measure)?

Not endorsing Elway's draft prowess by any means but Chet is going overboard, as per usual.
Um, take away Manning, who will make pretty much anyone look good, and Elway's resume is trash.

One good move in 8 years is nothing to write home about.

Don't give me this garbage of he signed some good UFAs, he didn't do shit, guys like Ware, Ward, Talib etc. wanted to come here because of Manning, they knew he gave them a chance to win. Elway didn't convince them off anything.

Not to mention his attrocious drafting history. 8 years not one decent QB to build around. Siemian/Oz was literally the best he could do. That's pathetic. The offensive line has somehow gone from bad to awful because Elway can't evaluate which big guy can block. Still no TE, still no quality MLB, got super lucky that an undrafted Lindsay who was convinced to sign here by his mom panned out because his RB draft history stinks, WR used to be a strength now is a weakness, no quality corners have been drafted.

Literally in 8 years, the only good things Elway has done is get Manning to come here and have Miller fall into his lap at #2 overall. If it wasn't for that, we'd be looking at probably 6 straight losing seasons instead of just 2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad