OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I think Bill Connelly nailed it when he said Daniel Jones is a more athletic Clayton Thorson.

Haskins is there at #10 for Broncos (unless someone moves ahead of them in the #9 spot)

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
What a joke of a trade by Elway. Multiple solid options available at 10, let's trade with a conference rival, move back 10 slots and only pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd.

Should have demanded Steelers 1st next year. If not take a good player and move on.

The only way you get better is by taking talent not acquiring more average picks.

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
Being that I am a Michigan fan I wanted Bush. My seconded choice would have been Haskins because I've watched him shred Michigan. TE was not on my draft list pretty bummed with that trade and then selection.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Like the pick - hate that they didn’t get more 2020 draft capital. Especially from the Steelers given their big deal to Ben.

Fant will fit in nicely though

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Would've been okay with taking a TE if Hock had still been there. Otherwise, I would've just taken Bush. We really needed a stud ILB, and many have said that Bush is one of the best players in this draft.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I'll give Elway a D for today. Only reason it's not a F is because TE is a position of need and Fant is a decent pickup.

He gets a D because Bush was right there for the taking not to mention 2 or 3 other guys that could have been big difference makers, but we decided to pass on high end talent for a solid player all for an extra 2nd and 3rd round pick. Idiotic decision.

Not to mention Haskins and Lock were available. If either turn out to be solid QBs it well be another black mark for Elway.

Just sick of watching my favorite team be run into the ground by an egotistical maniac, who can't evaluate talent if his life depended on it. Top end ILB prospect a position we've needed desperately since All Wilson had to retire. Nope trade back get an decent TE and get some more picks to waste away, great job Elway.

Last edited:

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Would've been okay with taking a TE if Hock had still been there. Otherwise, I would've just taken Bush. We really needed a stud ILB, and many have said that Bush is one of the best players in this draft.
I think Fant has a higher ceiling than Hockenson.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I think Fant has a higher ceiling than Hockenson.
Probably, but right now his blocking is average, and there is a question about his ability to get off the line after contact. Not exactly something you want to hear about a TE.

There is a reason Hockenson was rated higher. He is more complete right now. Fant could become the better player but it's going to take some development, which the Broncos are terrible at doing.

AvsFanInMichigan

Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
The thing I don’t really understand is why they decided to pass on Bush to get Fant. We need a LB to replace Marshall. We have 4 TEs already. Sure Butt has been hurt and so has Fumagalli but those guys can be legit TEs when healthy. We also resigned Heurmen. The other thing I don’t understand is if they really wanted to get Fant you can’t tell me they couldn’t have traded a pick to get into the back end of the first to pick him while still retaining their 10th pick. If they played it right they could’ve had Bush or Haskins as well as Fant. Who knows though maybe Elway knows what he’s doing it’s just puzzling to think about but if it turns out to work I’ll gladly admit I was wrong.

Reactions: AvsWraith

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The thing I don’t really understand is why they decided to pass on Bush to get Fant. We need a LB to replace Marshall. We have 4 TEs already. Sure Butt has been hurt and so has Fumagalli but those guys can be legit TEs when healthy. We also resigned Heurmen. The other thing I don’t understand is if they really wanted to get Fant you can’t tell me they couldn’t have traded a pick to get into the back end of the first to pick him while still retaining their 10th pick. If they played it right they could’ve had Bush or Haskins as well as Fant. Who knows though maybe Elway knows what he’s doing it’s just puzzling to think about but if it turns out to work I’ll gladly admit I was wrong.

Yeah...key phrase there "when healthy". Which Butt hasn't been thus far in his NFL career. Heuerman's not good enough. I've no idea on Fumagalli but even if he ends up being good he's just one TE. Just because they have a lot of tight ends signed doesn't mean any of them are legit.

I'm fine with the trade and pick. TE has been a major, major need for a while now. No idea if Fant is the answer or not, we will see. But I am concerned that their LB corps took yet another hit and they haven't yet addressed it. I'm guessing they're hoping a QB or two fall in the 2nd round and they'll use one of their two picks on him.

AvsFanInMichigan

Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
Yeah...key phrase there "when healthy". Which Butt hasn't been thus far in his NFL career. Heuerman's not good enough. I've no idea on Fumagalli but even if he ends up being good he's just one TE. Just because they have a lot of tight ends signed doesn't mean any of them are legit.

I'm fine with the trade and pick. TE has been a major, major need for a while now. No idea if Fant is the answer or not, we will see. But I am concerned that their LB corps took yet another hit and they haven't yet addressed it. I'm guessing they're hoping a QB or two fall in the 2nd round and they'll use one of their two picks on him.
Don’t get me wrong here Fant is a good pick and I’m not upset with it I just don’t understand why they decided to pass on Bush who is arguably a top 3 player in the entire draft. There is a gaping hole at LB and they failed to address that. If Fant is really a guy they wanted they could’ve done something to get him without trading their 10th pick. Sure the TE group before the pick is definitely a question mark as far was healthiness but there’s not a gaping hole there like there is at LB. I’m sure Fant will do just fine and be an absolute stud for us I’m just worried not addressing the LB need will come back to bite us worse then if we had not gotten a TE.

Reactions: Pokecheque

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
A team that has won 11 games the last two years with holes everywhere on the roster shouldn’t get back in the 1st round considering how much it’ll cost.

All the tight ends on the roster are garbage anyways (still sad about Butt getting injured in a meaningless game in college)

Also, Elway passed on Devin Bush, not Devin White who's far more superior so I don't really blame him for trading back and getting additional picks.

zzs06

Jul 11, 2017
I think it was a good trade and pick. There is still a good chance they can get Lock in the 40’s if they want while a lot of people had Denver taking him at 10. They can also get a lb in the later rounds. It happens every year especially at that position. Draft Ben Bur-Kirven in the 4th and be very happy. We needed a TE badly and this kid will be good. I hope they draft DB in the second round

AvsFanInMichigan

Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
A team that has won 11 games the last two years with holes everywhere on the roster shouldn’t get back in the 1st round considering how much it’ll cost.

All the tight ends on the roster are garbage anyways (still sad about Butt getting injured in a meaningless game in college)

Also, Elway passed on Devin Bush, not Devin White who's far more superior so I don't really blame him for trading back and getting additional picks.
I don’t think Fumagalli or Butt are garbage it’s just really unfortunate with their injuries. If and a big if they ever get healthy again I have no doubt that they’ll be good. It was a bummer seeing Butt go down as a Michigan fan I would have rather he not played in that game. As far as Bush vs White , White is better but I really wouldn’t say he better by a wide margin. I saw Bush play every home game in person he’s going to be a stud in the NFL. When watching him in person you can tell he’s a special player.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
FTR, not a fan of how this Harris situation is being handled. Don't like it at all when negotiations start spilling out into pointed remarks through the media.

Did everyone see the whole hullabaloo about the Broncos doing an Avengers Endgame spoof graphic and neglected to put Harris in it? Prompted one of the Broncos PR guys to intervene and apologize. :laugh:

Reactions: armedequation

armedequation

Mar 1, 2019
Yeah elway didnt really need to make the comments he did during the presser about chris. That a piss poor decision when he just should have said "we are working on it"

Whites cieling may be higher than bush but bush is more complete lb right out of the gate. The only way elway gets a passing grade after 2 days is if we get mack wilson and dalton risner today. Its doubtful because elway doesnt seem to like to draft alabama players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad