OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I’m not hurt at all about Bush - you really don’t need some magical LB in the middle of Von and Chubb. You just need someone athletic enough to cover TEs and make some tackles. You can get those type of guys in the middle rounds.

Flacco is a guy that uses his TEs a lot, so it was pretty crucial we got one. I think if that Penn St slot kid works out, we get a TE, and a decent RB with some hands (maybe Lindsey’s already that guy) it will help tremendously. Part of the QB problem is that we don’t have any threats/weapons underneath at all and having the OL protect for 3-5 seconds is a big ask. Not to mention if we DID draft a QB next year, develop Fant as his safety blanket right now.

Coming up in the second round, would love to see the Broncos get one of these CBs. Lots of great talent there right now......If you think Elways comments about Harris were bad, a big f u would be the Broncos snatching up his replacement tonight.

(And this will be unpopular, but I’d love to see Harris maybe shipped out for a 1st next year.......Was thinking a big trade involving Von before, but Harris seems to be writing his own check out.....)

Reactions: Bender

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I watched UT's version of the NFL draft due to the fashion because Black people are dapper AF and Broncos should've draft Bush just because he looked like he was bringing this weird combination of Prince and Cameo vibe from him.

My friend is a Giants fan and hated that QB from Duke pick, any reason why?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I watched UT's version of the NFL draft due to the fashion because Black people are dapper AF and Broncos should've draft Bush just because he looked like he was bringing this weird combination of Prince and Cameo vibe from him.

He went to Duche University. What more do you need?

zzs06

Jul 11, 2017
So where are the people complaining that we didn’t take Lock at 10?! Instead got him at 42 and got a badass TE and mean OG to help him out. Pretty damn good draft so far in my eyes

Reactions: LTC Pain and bl02

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Lock at 42 does seem like good value, but what did the Broncos give up? I haven't head what went back to Cincy. That said I firmly believe Haskins will be the best of the bunch by far.

EDIT: So we apparently gave up Rd. 2 Pick 52, Rd. 4 Pick 125 and Rd. 6 Pick 182. So that's not so bad.

Last edited:

armedequation

Mar 1, 2019

Probably doesnt know him that well. Daniel jones did the most with the least amount of talent around him. He worked with eli and peyton one on one numerous years so eli is comfortable with him. Giants need to fix their atrocious line and give him some weapons. Watched game film of all of his games this year. Was hoping we could get him in the second earlier this year

As far as ours we still need
Inside lb
OG/c
Wr
Cb

Would like to see us go after mack wilson with 72 if hes there.
Now that we have lock it wouldnt suprise me at all if we drafted emmanual hall later

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I’m not hurt at all about Bush - you really don’t need some magical LB in the middle of Von and Chubb. You just need someone athletic enough to cover TEs and make some tackles. You can get those type of guys in the middle rounds.

Flacco is a guy that uses his TEs a lot, so it was pretty crucial we got one. I think if that Penn St slot kid works out, we get a TE, and a decent RB with some hands (maybe Lindsey’s already that guy) it will help tremendously. Part of the QB problem is that we don’t have any threats/weapons underneath at all and having the OL protect for 3-5 seconds is a big ask. Not to mention if we DID draft a QB next year, develop Fant as his safety blanket right now.

Coming up in the second round, would love to see the Broncos get one of these CBs. Lots of great talent there right now......If you think Elways comments about Harris were bad, a big f u would be the Broncos snatching up his replacement tonight.

(And this will be unpopular, but I’d love to see Harris maybe shipped out for a 1st next year.......Was thinking a big trade involving Von before, but Harris seems to be writing his own check out.....)

No way on earth Denver gets a 1st for Harris. They'd get a 4th or 5th or something like that.

Very nice 2nd round for Denver. Got a good interior lineman (could play either G/C, and actually played RT in college, I believe), then got a solid QB prospect.

So far, the team addressed 3 areas of obvious need - TE, OL, QB. And doing so, they got one of the Top 3 TEs and Top 3 (arguably) QBs in the draft, one of the Top half dozen interior linemen in the draft.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
At the very least Lock shouldn't be thrust into action any time soon. He has talent, but is another raw QB we're bringing into the fold. Really just have to cross our fingers that Flacco has anything left in the tank

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
Getting Lock at 42 instead of 10 or 20 is good in terms of same day draft grading, which I guess is some kind of big deal for reasons that have nothing to do with reality. Big picture it doesn't matter. He's a high profile QB prospect for a team that desperately needs a QB of the future. If Lock doesn't pan out it's not going to matter that he was picked 42, and if he does it wouldn't matter if he was picked 10 or 20.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Getting Lock at 42 instead of 10 or 20 is good in terms of same day draft grading, which I guess is some kind of big deal for reasons that have nothing to do with reality. Big picture it doesn't matter. He's a high profile QB prospect for a team that desperately needs a QB of the future. If Lock doesn't pan out it's not going to matter that he was picked 42, and if he does it wouldn't matter if he was picked 10 or 20.

Lock at 20 (10) means no Fant (and Risner) for uns. Big difference.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
Fair point BUT even if those players pan out... if they don't it all the maneuvering still makes little difference.... but even if they do it would be little consolation if Lock doesn't pan out. That is still the most important part of the equation. It's different with a QB pick.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
I'm happy with the picks of Fant, Risner and Jones, but I'd rather they have traded the #52 pick for Rosen than move up and pick Lock. Also wish they'd have gotten one of Pitt's 3rd-rounders this year than a 2nd next year. Pitt's got like 9 picks this year so that should have been possible.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I'm happy with the picks of Fant, Risner and Jones, but I'd rather they have traded the #52 pick for Rosen than move up and pick Lock. Also wish they'd have gotten one of Pitt's 3rd-rounders this year than a 2nd next year. Pitt's got like 9 picks this year so that should have been possible.
Yeah, Rosen >>>>>> any QB in this class. My favorite thing about Rosen conversation is how many people slander his personality when UCLA teammates always defended him.

Juwann Winfree got drafted? Hell yeah, probably the most talented WR at CU outside Viska but can't stay healthy at all. Thought Drew Lewis would be the only player to get drafted from CU this year.

Edit: Forgot Evan Worthington. Worthington and Lewis was the two guys I thought would get picked

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
For the first time in 56 years, a Nebraska Cornhusker was not drafted. Not terribly surprising though. I'm sure guys like Morgan Stanley and Devine Ozigbo will have no problem finding a team to sign with.

I like what I've read so far about the Broncos' draft class. I do like the fact they're trying to go out of their way to pick guys who served as captains in some capacity. It's hard to really pin down "character" but that approach is a hell of a lot better than whatever the Chiefs are doing.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
Avs and Nuggets both in the final 8 of the NBA and NHL for the first time ever. I hope Portland is a better matchup than the Spurs, but the Nuggets have to play better in round 2 if they're gonna move on to the WCF.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Rockies have now won 10/12.

Nuggets moving onto round 2.

Mammoth lost their last four regular season games. Not a good way to go into the playoffs, but at least they made it.

the Rapids are apparently never going to win again.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
dfK144P.gif

Sleepy time.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Yeah, Rosen >>>>>> any QB in this class. My favorite thing about Rosen conversation is how many people slander his personality when UCLA teammates always defended him.

My buddies in AZ say Rosen was a class act there. No problems whatsoever and they're absolutely quick to defend him.

Someone in the media or scouting community must have hated him or resented him for whatever reason.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
The reason I hate the Lock trade - feels like we are continually swinging and missing on marginal prospect QBs. If these guys don't work out (Flacco/Lock) I guess we'll be looking at another 1st round prospect next year. I wish Elway would just get some balls, get his man and then let's build the rest of the roster. Right now it's just trying to pay for a premium QB with chump change.

2019 4th Rd Pick (Joe Flacco)
2019 4th Rd, 6th Rd (Drew Lock)
2017 7th Rd pick (Chad Kelly)
2016 1st Rd pick (Paxton Lynch)

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
The reason I hate the Lock trade - feels like we are continually swinging and missing on marginal prospect QBs. If these guys don't work out (Flacco/Lock) I guess we'll be looking at another 1st round prospect next year. I wish Elway would just get some balls, get his man and then let's build the rest of the roster. Right now it's just trying to pay for a premium QB with chump change.

2019 4th Rd Pick (Joe Flacco)
2019 4th Rd, 6th Rd (Drew Lock)
2017 7th Rd pick (Chad Kelly)
2016 1st Rd pick (Paxton Lynch)
Just passing up all those readily available premium QBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad