OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
So, if Arizona picks a QB with the first pick, does that give the Broncos a shot at trading for Rosen? He'd probably not cost a 1st at this point. Any interest?

armedequation

Mar 1, 2019
The talk is that it would be a 2nd or 3rd. Quite honestly i wouldnt do it for a 2nd either and id have a hard time for a 3rd. He *might* be an upgrade over hogan but considering our current holes i wouldnt be getting rid of the draft picks considering our cap. There are some question marks about him as well

Id rather draft a qb in the later rounds or next year. We have some pretty significant holes at ilb, oline, dline and wr and possibly te to address.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So, if Arizona picks a QB with the first pick, does that give the Broncos a shot at trading for Rosen? He'd probably not cost a 1st at this point. Any interest?

I’d think about it depending on the price. I think he has the 2nd best upside of the QB’s from that draft class. But to be fair every time he speaks I wanna shove a sock down his throat so he can’t breathe. So there’s that as well lol.

Reactions: Pokecheque

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Oh my god, prayers to Jusuf Nurkic. I was watching the game live, and heard a snap, his leg wasn't straight.

:(

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Conor McGregor retiring. Rumors that he's trying to duck rape charges in Ireland.

What a disgusting, gong show of a human being he's become. Makes scummy Floyd Mayweather look like an upstanding citizen. Shoving refs, slapping fight officials, throwing dollies through bus windows and injuring other fighters, that BS at the Nurmagomedov fight, history of bigoted comments, breaking a fan's phone for taking photos of him. Of course, all of that is child's play if the rape accusations are true.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
Conor McGregor retiring. Rumors that he's trying to duck rape charges in Ireland.

What a disgusting, gong show of a human being he's become. Makes scummy Floyd Mayweather look like an upstanding citizen. Shoving refs, slapping fight officials, throwing dollies through bus windows and injuring other fighters, that BS at the Nurmagomedov fight, history of bigoted comments, breaking a fan's phone for taking photos of him. Of course, all of that is child's play if the rape accusations are true.

this is not in any way related to McGregor himself, but at his last match I was at a bar watching the Avs game. Every other person there was waiting on the fight and plenty seemed to be Irish themselves. I went to take a whiz and an exceptionally inebriated Irishman comes up behind me, claps me on the shoulder, and says "ARE YE ROOTING FOR MCGREGOR TONIGHT LAD?" I tell him I don't even know who he's fighting and the guy stares at me as if I answered in Chinese.

Reactions: Pokecheque

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I wonder if Todd Helton knows what Uber or Lyft is. f***ing dumbass

Anyways, Rockies start this week in Miami. Freeland is the opening starter and once again, all of their rotation is homegrown (I’m counting Marquez)

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

And yet he's got endorsement deals galore and gets to help pump up the B's before games. Like Mike Tyson and more than a few professional wrestlers, we as a society just seem to have a blind spot when it comes to fighters of any kind (even the fake ones). It's largely true of celebrities and pro athletes in general but it gets ramped up quite a bit IMO in this area.

I wonder if Todd Helton knows what Uber or Lyft is. ****ing dumbass

I don't mean to be rude but when it comes to alcohol abuse it's not quite that cut-and-dried. When he was arrested he reportedly had a travel cup of some kind with alcohol in it. Sounds like he's getting treatment, which appears to be sorely needed. I'd be curious as to what his BAC was, that would be another strong indicator.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
I wonder if Todd Helton knows what Uber or Lyft is. ****ing dumbass

Anyways, Rockies start this week in Miami. Freeland is the opening starter and once again, all of their rotation is homegrown (I’m counting Marquez)
Bettis and Anderson are the biggest question marks for me

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
As far as draft prospect for the Broncos go Im really starting to like TJ Hockenson at 10. They have needs and options, hard to tell where they will go QB, LB...

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Bettis and Anderson are the biggest question marks for me
Yeah, I would rather have Hoffman than Bettis because of his potential but I’m not gonna bitch about a #5 too much.

Hopefully Freeland and Marquez don’t regress and need Gray to not randomly lose a ton of weight during the season.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Yeah, I would rather have Hoffman than Bettis because of his potential but I’m not gonna ***** about a #5 too much.

Hopefully Freeland and Marquez don’t regress and need Gray to not randomly lose a ton of weight during the season.

Yeah, really need Freeland and Marquez to be studs for us. Or else its gonna be a long season.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I’d want the broncos to draft a MLB or S at 10. Save the QB’s for a better draft.
Agreed. I really want White from LSU not sure he makes it to 10 that guy is a stud. I'd also be ok with Hockenson from Iowa. It'd be nice to have a real solution at TE instead of a revolving door.

But since it's Elway prepare for dumbest move possible, so I'm fully expecting us to draft Drew Lock.

I wouldn't mind a mid round QB, we are kind of lacking after Flacco. I'd target Grier from WV in the 3rd round. Perfect for a development type QB behind Flacco.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Agreed. I really want White from LSU not sure he makes it to 10 that guy is a stud. I'd also be ok with Hockenson from Iowa. It'd be nice to have a real solution at TE instead of a revolving door.

But since it's Elway prepare for dumbest move possible, so I'm fully expecting us to draft Drew Lock.

I wouldn't mind a mid round QB, we are kind of lacking after Flacco. I'd target Grier from WV in the 3rd round. Perfect for a development type QB behind Flacco.

Yeah I should’ve specified no QB’s in the early rounds. And yeah TE is another pick I’d be all for. I’d probably got TE in the 2nd since this is a pretty good draft for LB and secondary though.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
My God...I shouldn't have watched the Nurkic injury. You can literally hear his legbones snapping. Don't blame the players on that court one bit for freaking the hell out.

Cannot believe that moronic ref who literally trips over his injured leg walking over him. You could've picked literally ANYWHERE else to go, dude...

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
My God...I shouldn't have watched the Nurkic injury. You can literally hear his legbones snapping. Don't blame the players on that court one bit for freaking the hell out.

Cannot believe that moronic ref who literally trips over his injured leg walking over him. You could've picked literally ANYWHERE else to go, dude...

I'm finishing up at work and read your comment... thinking 'oh you can hear his leg break? Now I gotta see this'.

Let me tell you, I'm usually pretty alright with 'gruesome' sports injuries, I mean yeah there are some gnarly ones out there, but I let out a definitive, audible 'Oooooh!!' in my desk chair on this one. Holy. Shit.

And yeah that ref is... :facepalm: :shakehead, to say the least (or not say).

armedequation

Mar 1, 2019
Im irish and i dont care for conner at all. Seems like a piece of trash to me. Cant believe people paid money to see him and the woman beater fight....

As for broncos draft, ive heard rumors that we have been calling around too see about a trade up. Don't care for that. Id rather trade back with Washington if we are gonna draft hockenson. My personal preference would be white or bush for ilb with where we are picking and hakeem butler if we go wr. Dude is 6'5, can run routes ( unlike metcalf) and is a ball hawk.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Im irish and i dont care for conner at all. Seems like a piece of trash to me. Cant believe people paid money to see him and the woman beater fight....

As for broncos draft, ive heard rumors that we have been calling around too see about a trade up. Don't care for that. Id rather trade back with Washington if we are gonna draft hockenson. My personal preference would be white or bush for ilb with where we are picking and hakeem butler if we go wr. Dude is 6'5, can run routes ( unlike metcalf) and is a ball hawk.
At least Floyd went to jail. Not for as long as he should have, but at least he went to jail.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
If White is gone at 10 I wouldn't mind trading back with Washington to 15. Should net at least their 3rd round pick. Use the extra 3rd to draft a QB like Finley if he's there.
I definitely like a TE at 15 more than I do at 10......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig