OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
Im not too worried about the money, the NFL inflates salaries at a crazy pace. In 2/3 years he'll be cut cause hes over paid or a bargain cause he is playing well and some more recent FA is the new highest paid tackle

Reactions: Avsrule2022

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Mammoth drew 15,900 this previous Saturday. Really good crowd considering there was an Avs game at Pepsi Center earlier in the day; usually when there's a double header like that the Mammoth game really suffers because most Mammoth fans are also Avs fans but not the other way around.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Mammoth drew 15,900 this previous Saturday. Really good crowd considering there was an Avs game at Pepsi Center earlier in the day; usually when there's a double header like that the Mammoth game really suffers because most Mammoth fans are also Avs fans but not the other way around.
They said during the Avs game that it was a sold-out crowd, too. There were a lot of butts in Pepsi Center seats this past weekend.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
It's the Raiders. They thrive on locker room cancers.

I just don't understand at all why you'd deal away Amari Cooper only to turn around and trade for Antonio Brown.

Oh and apparently Brown left Pittsburgh with an insane dead salary cap hit of, like, $21 million or something like that.

Antonio Brown is three times the player Cooper is? Given the OBJ trade, the Steelers got absolutely hosed beyond belief.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
he's solid. but the broncos made him the highest paid RT by fair margin.

That's what happens when you bomb drafts. Have to overpay to fill the positional need(s).

Paradis is off to Carolina. He's a solid player.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
The NFL just doesn't appeal to me, for a number of reasons. I probably won't ever watch another whole football game.

I'm excited to see if the Nuggets actually do something in the postseason, but they haven't quite started clicking consistently with their full lineup back.

And the Rockies, I'm pretty pumped for baseball actually, at least knowing Nolan will be here for a while (unless they do what the Rox always seem to do... show promise, then suck, then trade their star and start the cycle over).

armedequation

Mar 1, 2019
Its been a hard few years as a diehard bronco fan. And knowing it was going to be bad when manning retired didnt help. Ive part of the official bronco forum for almost 15 years now.....wow just actually thought about that.

Anyways theyve done okay with a couple of fa but they have a ways to go to make this team a contender again.

Used to enjoy basketball but not really anymore (lakers fan because of magic johnson). Ive been an avs fan since the moved here and a rockies fan since they were born. Hockey is the only sport though where i can watch even if its not my team

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I was a Rockies ticket holder from EY’s day one homer to about 2001 - called the moment the tix went on sale. Sat about 8 rows back from Peter Coors family and spent 2-3 games in Monforts box right behind home plate. Was ticket holder for avs from about 1998 to about 2008. Never a broncos ticket holder (I wish) but more into them than the other two at this point. I lost a lot of respect for both franchises in how they went about their business and ownerships reluctance to spend. For the Rockies it was also just tough to show up for 81 games - baseball season is way too long for anyone to hold season tickets individually. It felt like there was literally a game every other night.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
The Denver Outlaws took two guys with local ties in the 2019 Major League Lacrosse draft.

At #6 overall they took Max Tuttle out of Sacred Heart, who went to Caste View High School in Castle Rock, CO.

At #36 they took Brandon Jones from Air Force.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This years Six Nations has been pretty lackluster except for that unbelievable match between England and Wales two weeks ago. So many injuries and to star players, haven't even seen Halfpenny at all. Actually just found out he's been injured since November with a concussion, terrible stuff for such a fun player to watch.

The competition is still very close and England can still honestly win the thing, but the performances by France and Scotland have not been good these past two years.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Joe Flacco - just entering prime of his career according to John Elway.

"He's played under the center, his arm strength is still great, he can still throw the ball downfield, a he's a guy who's won," Elway continued. "He's proven he can win in this league and has a tremendous amount of experience. So at 34 years old, we thought he was just going into his prime, so we're excited that Joe is here."

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This years Six Nations has been pretty lackluster except for that unbelievable match between England and Wales two weeks ago. So many injuries and to star players, haven't even seen Halfpenny at all. Actually just found out he's been injured since November with a concussion, terrible stuff for such a fun player to watch.

The competition is still very close and England can still honestly win the thing, but the performances by France and Scotland have not been good these past two years.

Nobody cares about cricket :sarcasm:

Reactions: S E P H

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
If I'm watching the Broncos the pace of the game even with commercials doesn't bother me. I guess that's what enthusiasm will do for someone. But I have found myself watching less and less Thursday, Sunday and Monday night games. However I can't see myself not watching redzone on Sundays. There are few things I get more enjoyment out of than it's whip around coverage and replays of all the exciting plays throughout the day.

I've recently learned that there's at least two versions of redzone. I have comcast cable and I get a host named Scott Handson. Apparently if you have direct TV you get Andrew Siciliano. I wonder why that is?

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I can’t do red zone because I enjoy it too much. It’s by far the best product but if I turn it on my ass is planted on the couch from 11am to 6pm straight.

Reactions: sethro109

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Mammoth beat the Warriors in Vancouver last night, playing them again at Pepsi Center tonight. They need the win badly, as they're currently one game ahead of Vancouver for the last playoff spot.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Mammoth dumptrucked the Warriors tonight, 14-4. Best I've seen them play in years. That gives them a 2 game lead for the last playoff spot with four games left

And the NBA's Warriors lost as well, giving the Nuggets a half game lead for the #1 seed in the west.

Combined with the Avs winning and the Stars, Yotes, and Wild losing this was a pretty damn good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad