Other Chicago and General Sports Thread XXII - Cubs/Sox/Bulls/TEAM USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Cliff Alexander done taking visits, Illinois has an in-home with him tomorrow. Decision 2 weeks from Friday.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Miami is nowhere near as dominant as people are making them out to be. They've played a **** load of games over the past three years, have really had no significant injuries at all, they're old as dirt, and were a complete melt down away from losing in 6 last year.

If Thibs doesn't grind the starters down to a pulp like he always does, the Bulls will have a good chance at beating the Heat come playoff time. Indiana probably matches up better against Miami than we do but like someone else said they are our little brother. Not worried about them or the Nets at all, and I don't think anyone takes the Knicks seriously.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I had been rooting for Boston. Then they won game 5 and I decided seeing them blow 2 straight at home would be the best ending.

Didn't happen, but at least the Cards didn't win!!!

So glad baseball is finally over. This long, nightmare of a season has finally ended.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Wonder if the Cubs have a manager by this time next week. I think there's a very good chance its done by then. Hoping for Lovullo

Elvis P

Night Gallery
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Miami is nowhere near as dominant as people are making them out to be. They've played a **** load of games over the past three years, have really had no significant injuries at all, they're old as dirt, and were a complete melt down away from losing in 6 last year.

If Thibs doesn't grind the starters down to a pulp like he always does, the Bulls will have a good chance at beating the Heat come playoff time. Indiana probably matches up better against Miami than we do but like someone else said they are our little brother. Not worried about them or the Nets at all, and I don't think anyone takes the Knicks seriously.
Agreed and good post. The only things I would add is that we have better depth than the Heat do and Oden is not the solution to their lack of big rebounding low post defenders.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Agreed and good post. The only things I would add is that we have better depth than the Heat do and Oden is not the solution to their lack of big rebounding low post defenders.

People are down on the Bulls simply because they had a bad first game. We need to remember this is the same board where most fans go nuts after every Blackhawk loss, and probably more than half of their wins too.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
People are down on the Bulls simply because they had a bad first game. We need to remember this is the same board where most fans go nuts after every Blackhawk loss, and probably more than half of their wins too.

Yep. In addition we have tons of media talking about how Miami "made a statement" and whatnot about how the Bulls aren't on their level.

But when they lose to the worst team in the league the next night it's just an early season game.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Would be about time if it finally happened. Guess they never had anyone here to host, but now that there's B1G Hockey, they do.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
And I just realized that half of the cities listed have hosted a Frozen Four within the last six years, and everybody listed have hosted one since 2003, except Chicago and Brooklyn, so that's gotta greatly increase our chances as the NCAA has shown a tendency to try to spread around the hosting duties with this and not go back to the same cities too quickly.

Of the four years being considered, it'll probably come down to five markets, Boston, Brooklyn, Chicago, Columbus, and Buffalo, IMHO.

Last edited:

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
James Blackmon Jr. decision tonight.
worriedhb2.gif

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Is it just me, or has this college football season pretty much sucked so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad