Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Some Like it Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Here’s my spreadsheet for upcoming UFAs, each team’s cap situation, and a trade tracker. I update the spreadsheet daily. I use CapFriendly to create this list and AFP Analytics for the contract projections.

Edit: Spreadsheet has been updated with AFP's latest projections and I added a new section for RFAs.

Top-6 Forwards
Sam ReinhartRW288y/10.25m
Jake GuentzelW296y/7.94m
Steven StamkosLW/C343y/6.30m
Jonathan MarchessaultW333y/6.25m
Joe PavelskiRW391y/3.94m
Matt DucheneRW/C333y/6.46m
Sean MonahanFW293y/2.87m
Tyler ToffoliW325y/6.53m
Jonathan DrouinW294y/4.46m
Teuvo TeravainenW295y/6.13m
Vladimir TarasenkoRW323y/5.64m
Adam HenriqueLW/C342y/4.60m
Chandler StephensonC/LW305y/5.77m
Max DomiC/RW293y/4.17m
Patrick KaneRW352y/5.51m
Elias LindholmC/RW297y/8.04m
Anthony ManthaW293y/4.40m
Daniel SprongW273y/3.89m
Jake DeBruskW275y/5.92m
David PerronW362y/2.80m
Tyler BertuzziW295y/6.00m
Anthony DuclairW283y/3.22m
Jason ZuckerW323y/5.46m
Jack RoslovicC/RW273y/3.11m
Max PaciorettyLW35
Alexander BarabanovW303y/3.03m

Top-4 Defecemen
Shayne GostisbehereLD/RD313y/4.38m
Brady SkjeiLD306y/7.39m
Noah HanifinLD277y/7.69m
Brandon MontourRD307y/8.71m
Oliver Ekman-LarssonLD323y/3.67m
Dylan DeMeloRD314y/5.07m
Sean WalkerLD/RD294y/4.87m
Matt RoyRD294y/5.58m
TJ BrodieLD/RD343y/4.91m
Brenden DillonLD332y/3.91m
Alexandre CarrierRD273y/3.57m
Nikita ZadorovLD/RD294y/5.10m
Chris TanevRD343y/4.68m
Brett PesceRD296y/6.72m
Matt GrzelcykLD303y/4.07m
Oliver KylingtonLD/RD27

Bottom-6 Forwards
James van RiemsdykW351y/1.50m
Warren FoegeleW284y/3.58m
Stefan NoesenW312y/3.23m
Danton HeinenW28
Tyler JohnsonFW33
Alexander WennbergC294y/4.21m
Jordan MartinookW312y/2.79m
Dakota JoshuaLW283y/3.00m
Michael AmadioW28
Teddy BluegerC/LW292y/2.56m
Sam LaffertyFW292y/1.72m
Kiefer SherwoodW29
Mike HoffmanLW341y/1.86m
Tomas TatarW331y/2.21m
Kyle OkposoRW361y/1.96m
Kasperi KapanenRW27
Andrew CoglianoLW37
Jakob SilfverbergW332y/2.78m
Cal ClutterbuckRW36
Corey PerryRW39
Patrick MaroonW36
Yakov TreninLW/C273y/3.33m
Dominik KubalikW282y/1.34m
Anthony BeauvillierW27
Sam CarrickC/RW32
Tanner PearsonLW31
Zemgus GirgensonsLW/C302y/1.74m
Colin BlackwellC/RW31
Brandon DuhaimeW27
Nick CousinsLW/C30
Connor BrownW30
Joel KivirantaW28
William CarrierLW293y/2.68m
Tyler MotteW293y/2.55m
Samuel BlaisW281y/0.94m
Tyson JostC26

Bottom-Pairing Defencemen
Erik GustafssonLD323y/4.99m
Tyler MyersRD342y/2.67m
Justin SchultzRD332y/3.81m
Kevin ShattenkirkRD351y/1.37m
Jalen ChatfieldRD283y/2.77m
Mike ReillyLD301y/1.24m
Dmitry KulikovLD/RD33
Alec MartinezLD361y/1.7m
Tyson BarrieRD322y/3.72m
Jani HakanpaaRD322y/2.38m
Vincent DesharnaisRD282y/1.41m
Ian ColeLD/RD352y/3.09m
Matt DumbaRD293y/3.73m
Colin MillerRD31
Mark GiordanoLD401y/3.11m
Marco ScandellaLD34
Calvin De HaanLD/RD33
Josh BrownRD30
Ilya LyubushkinRD301y/1.31m
Joel EdmundsonLD/RD31
Troy StecherRD30
Derek ForbortLD32
Erik JohnsonRD361y/1.13m

Forward Depth
Christian FischerW27
Craig SmithRW34
Victor OlofssonW28
Trevor LewisRW/C37
Justin BaileyRW29
Kevin StenlundC/RW27
Jeff CarterRW/C39
Ryan CarpenterRW/C33
Nicolas Aube-KubelRW282y/1.53m
AJ GreerW27
Liam O'BrienW29
Chris TierneyC30
Mattias JanmarkW31
Sam GagnerRW/C34
Brendan SmithLD/RD35
Eric RobinsonLW29
Zach PariseLW39
Kevin LabancW282y/1.94m
Fredrik OlofssonC/LW28
Alex Barre-BouletW27
Matt MartinW35
Radim ZohornaW28
Pierre-Edouard BellemareC/LW39
Tyler PitlickRW32
Austin WatsonW32
Tomas NosekLW/C31
Jansen HarkinsLW27
Rourke ChartierC28
Steven LorentzFW28

Defensive Depth
Jack JohnsonLD37
Vincent DesharnaisRD282y/1.41m
Anthony DeangeloRD282y/1.80m
Jarred TinordiLD32
Sebastian AhoLD28
Dakota MermisLD/RD30
Jacob MacDonaldLD/RD31
Dennis GilbertLD27
Nikita ZaitsevRD32
Nick DeSimoneRD29
Travis DermottLD/RD27
Caleb JonesLD/RD27
Chad RuhwedelRD34
William LagesonLD/RD28

Goaltenders
Cam TalbotG361y/1.89m
Ilya SamsonovG272y/3.26m
Alex NedeljkovicG282y/2.00m
Kaapo KahkonenG272y/2.93m
Scott WedgewoodG312y/1.57m
Casey DeSmithG321y/2.02m
Anthony StolarzG302y/1.91m
James ReimarG36
Antti RaantaG351y/1.31m
David RittichG31
Kevin LankinenG291y/1.58m
Laurent BrossoitG312y/1.95m
Calvin PickardG32
Martin JonesG34

Last edited:

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Things are coming together for the Utah Soakers.

Hronek hasn't been great but he brings a special skill set that we don't have a lot of. Maybe his performance in the playoffs will knock off some dollars in the negotiations. The team needs more top 4 defensemen not less.
I would be willing to trade him if it takes more than $7m to sign. He wasn’t good enough in the second half or playoffs for more. I think you can sign Tanev in the offseason and try and aquire a RHD in the summer. I would willing to trade Demko as well. These may not be popular opinions, but we have a cap crunch and need to aquire more forward depth and at cost controlled contracts and preferably a second RHD prospect with high upside that is close. Something around Demko + for Nemec/Clarke/Jiricek or a package with Demko for a couple of forwards (prospects) /Power/Cozens.

I think the team needs to keep Lindholm, Joshua, Zadorov as I think the mix of physicality, center depth and snarl will be important to a cup drive. All of them are measured against cost. I still like the Pettersson deal but would trade him for the right trade that adds the right prospects and young players to help get through the OEL period. But it would have to be a clear home run as he isn’t replaceable. Lindholm can function as a 2C and if you can get him at $7m offers a significant cost savings to match the performance drop off.

We simply don’t have enough depth and need to add more balance to our scoring. Resigning Boeser has to be a priority as well. I am concerned that will be a lot to do. But given his year and his defensive play.. unless you don’t think he can stay healthy he has to be re-signed before the cap jumps again next offseason.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Why does everybody assume that we need to include an asset to trade Mikheyev? Just because we think he sucks doesn't mean there isn't a team out there that might want what he brings. He's still good on the PK, provides some speed and is a decent bottom 6 forward. He's scored 20 goals before, some team with cap space may want to roll the dice on him being a reclamation project knowing he won't cost them more than a late round pick. I would take that for Mik all day long, his biggest "asset" is the extra cap space, I don't think we need to add anything to move him, but that's just me.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
I don’t think moving Silovs is the move. Next season they should have him start 40% of the games. Considering the type of surgery Demko has had this should alleviate some of that pressure. You also help develop your future #1 in that time as well.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I don’t think moving Silovs is the move. Next season they should have him start 40% of the games. Considering the type of surgery Demko has had to his should alleviate some of that. You also help develop your future #1 in that time as well.

You can't move Silovs at the moment. Demko is definitely our guy, but he's shown himself to be a bit injury prone. We need someone who can step in and carry a load, and maybe split more starts with him so he's better rested. Silovs, IMO, can do that. A guy like DeSmith can not.

• Love
Reactions: crazychimp

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Either guy immediately becomes substantially more cap inefficient, and I question whether you really want either guy at the reported cap hits, but you need to ice a blue line one way or another. Management is in a tough spot, because they're going to be asked to "take the next step" without really any impact ELCs and a lot of the cap efficiencies that allowed them to overachieve this year won't exist moving forward.
Exactly how I feel about it.

Zadorov excelled but was used as the team’s #5.

The problem is that there’s such a thing as too much turnover. I firmly believe they need to move on from Myers & Cole. I was already out on Zadorov because I thought he’d be way too expensive for his role and that’s exacerbated now. If they traded Soucy, okay maybe, but you’ll have a far riskier/more expensive contract.

And Hronek is an avenue to getting assets. There isn’t much upside with his reported demands.

Hopefully the price on Zadorov is not 6x6.
I would think it’s exactly that. Maybe 5x6 but this isn’t going to be a semi-reasonable 4.25x4.

———

I would rather us go for value options on the blue line and use the cap towards Lindholm, Joshua, and Blueger.

The Silovs thing is huge because a month ago, I was pining for us to go get a 1b 3.5ish million backup because of Demko’s injury problems. That’s a lot of dollars available. Benning would argue it’s enough to justify a Mikheyev dead cap buyout!

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

The problem is that there’s such a thing as too much turnover. I firmly believe they need to move on from Myers & Cole. I was already out on Zadorov because I thought he’d be way too expensive for his role and that’s exacerbated now. If they traded Soucy, okay maybe, but you’ll have a far riskier/more expensive contract.

And Hronek is an avenue to getting assets. There isn’t much upside with his reported demands.

I would think it’s exactly that. Maybe 5x6 but this isn’t going to be a semi-reasonable 4.25x4.

For me, it's just way unrealistic you can assume you're losing a bunch of guys playing that many minutes and somehow improve the team almost strictly through free agency (outside the Hronek return). Say what you want about Myers, for example, but he logged major minutes late into the season (nearly 20mins/g in the playoffs and led the blueline in short-handed ice). So he was basically your second highest-minute right-side defenseman and lead PKer on the blue line.

You're stuck because if you bring a bunch of guys back, you're basically treading water, and if you let a bunch of these guys go you're basically on the backfoot trying to replace them given the cap situation, free agent market, and total lack of upward push from the farm.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
For me, it's just way unrealistic you can assume you're losing a bunch of guys playing that many minutes and somehow improve the team almost strictly through free agency (outside the Hronek return). Say what you want about Myers, for example, but he logged major minutes late into the season (nearly 20mins/g in the playoffs and led the blueline in short-handed ice). So he was basically your second highest-minute right-side defenseman and lead PKer on the blue line.

You're stuck because if you bring a bunch of guys back, you're basically treading water, and if you let a bunch of these guys go you're basically on the backfoot trying to replace them given the cap situation, free agent market, and total lack of upward push from the farm.
I have no idea, to be honest. VAN needs to figure out how to jump to a top five team instead of a top ten one.

Cole got killed. Myers - Soucy couldn’t push play at all against McDavid, while Tanev in that hole probably doesn’t lead to 30-5 shot attempt games.

Myers had a good year and was good in the playoffs, but given the need for higher end offensive output, I don’t know if it’s intelligent to give a 3x3 or whatever to a 35 year old D when you can roll with Juulsen in the bottom pair role up until the TDL and then reevaluate.

Like saying Myers played 20 minutes - yes, he did. And he did everything you could have reasonably expected. BUT, the key is that he shouldn’t play that much if you want to level up and how can you most efficiently replace that?

If Myers wants to take a one year, ok.

They have to be really careful and simultaneously very ballsy

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I have no idea, to be honest. VAN needs to figure out how to jump to a top five team instead of a top ten one.

Cole got killed. Myers - Soucy couldn’t push play at all against McDavid, while Tanev in that hole probably doesn’t lead to 30-5 shot attempt games.

Myers had a good year and was good in the playoffs, but given the need for higher end offensive output, I don’t know if it’s intelligent to give a 3x3 or whatever to a 35 year old D when you can roll with Juulsen in the bottom pair role up until the TDL and then reevaluate.

Like saying Myers played 20 minutes - yes, he did. And he did everything you could have reasonably expected. BUT, the key is that he shouldn’t play that much if you want to level up and how can you most efficiently replace that?

If Myers wants to take a one year, ok.

They have to be really careful and simultaneously very ballsy

Where I stand, you're keeping one of Myers or Hronek. I can't even fathom trying to replace two 20+ minute per night RSD in free agency. That's even when you have Juulsen permanently on the third pair.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Seems like the go-to strategy for cap hell teams is to maximize their core of good players and go cheap as possible with depth, then acquire depth at the trade deadline.

I prefer Juulsen as a 7/8 dman but I’m okay with him starting the season as the #6 dman because of the cap efficiency

So Allvin/Rutherford(btw we really need to create an acronym for these guys for lazy people like myself) need to identify which players are their core guys.

Forwards who can play with a 3rd wheel on their line and still be effective, dmen who can be effective if they’re the best dman on their pairing. Keep those guys, or acquire them, and let go of the expensive role players even if it hurts.

Reactions: arttk

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Where I stand, you're keeping one of Myers or Hronek. I can't even fathom trying to replace two 20+ minute per night RSD in free agency. That's even when you have Juulsen permanently on the third pair.
Would you rather give Hronek a 7.25x8 or Myers a 3x3?

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
My post mortem and projections for next year. The forwards

the Core group

JT Miller - what a year. Unicorn player. Had one of the best seasons by a Canuck ever. Heart and soul guy we can win with. His contract thankfully offsets the Pettersson overpay. Firmly and for the next couple seasons anyway our 1C.

BROCK BOESER - 40 goals and our most clutch playoff performer. You can win with Brock which wasn't what most of us believed before this year. Need to get an extension done as long as it's reasonable. Him and Miller carried this team and are best of friends. Hopefully the blood clot is just a temporary set back. Gutting loss for game 7. RW1 with Miller.

Elias Pettersson - 8 goals in 44 games to end the season with PP1 and Hughes and Miller looking him off. 11.6 was a hostage taking and him and his agent played the Canucks to perfection. Apparently we should have just taken his desire and waited to sign or not once they seen just how much his heart is in this. I think/hope he will bounce back. Enough of the video games and social media shit time to grow up. Were screwed if he's not at least a dynamic 1-2 with Miller and gets his PP deficiencies sorted. 2C or if they sign Lindholm he can move around in the top6 which is a good thing.

Conor Garland - Such a fun player to watch and worth every penny. Might not be an ideal top6 player but his ability to drive our 3rd line is a huge win for the depth and success of this team. The best 3rd line player in the NHL. Have zero issues if he moved into the top6 while we develop Lekkerimaki or use Suter in that role for cheap depth. Helluva game 7 and was in the fight. RW3 ideally

2nd tier

Elias Lindholm - Took awhile to get going but showed well and is a PK and defensive ace that we really could use going forward. At this stage any replacement comes with UFA pain and then there is a drop off in quality. Get him signed and pair him with Pettersson and we have 3 lines of important pieces in place. We can use smart signings and deadline moves to fill other spots but it would be a gutting loss to let him go if so. Maybe you replace him with a younger cheaper Debrusk and go DeBrusk Pettersson Garland for our 2nd line? Will be tough to come to a role and price that makes sense

3rd tier

Dakota Joshua - Tough decision here. Him and Garland are such a good pairing. DJ makes room for CG and CG makes DJ a 20 goal scorer and much more than a 4th liner. Hopefully both sides can come to some common ground here but his skating is concerning going forward without getting a little better or at least staying as good as this year vs last. Huge physical presence and would be sorely missed with our composition but Lindholm and/or a winger for EP40 is much more a priority. LW3 if retained

Ilya Mikhayev - What a massive collapse and disappointment. 1 goal in 60 games with good players is just puke. Not a player who you can win with above a 4th line unfortunately and his chances in game 7 just further cemented his hands and mental fortitude as untenable in a big role. Team will need to get creative here. It pains me to say this but perhaps he moves to a revamped 3rd line rather than more cap pain and a deadline replacement can push him down then. LW4. Hopefully moved without too much pain.

Nils Hoglander - 25 goals and mostly from btm 6 usage was a huge step in his growth as a player. Hard to figure where and what he is ultimately but for next year he's cheap depth that can play in the top6 or ideally in a energy role. Still struggles at moving pucks once boxed in but also has an uncanny ability to fight through contact and come away off the boards with pucks. Needs to get better as a playmaker and continue to be more of a pest. LW2/3

Pius Suter - Solid smart player in a supplemental role. His contract makes him a no brainer as a 9/10th forward that can play anywhere up and down. Not ideal in a top6 but good player on a good contract if he's with Miller Boeser it could be worse. Position TBD

Teddy Blueger - Fast and tenacious. Good PKer. Very little finish though (6 goals in 81 games) and has to come back at a high end 4C cost or you have to move on. With Suter in that 9/10 role is good. Not a huge priority but if we are competing it's nice to have good checkers and he is one. If Lindholm walks they probably can find some common ground.

4th tier

Sam Lafferty- pretty disappointing finish. Just never looked engaged. Has good size and can really motor but looked like a player who just didn't want to get hurt before being a UFA. I know he had history with JR and PA but adios need players who are hungry and in the fight not stunned tentative ones.

DeGuiseppe Amen Podkolzin Bains Raty decent depth for next year. Hopefully one of them can emerge as at least a decent top9 player.

Lekkerimaki is certainly a wild card but imagine he will need time to play a much more physical game at minimum

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i don't think taking a step back is that big a deal as some here. losing basically the entire defense (except hughes and soucy) will definitely hurt the team but that's not a good reason to overpay to keep most of the group together. good nhl teams are opportunistic and are able to make moves and add talent when talent comes available. bad nhl teams spend money just to spend it and then have press conferences where they claim they tried to make moves but they couldn't make the cap work

i'd rather be in a position to add the next marino or hanifin when they come available than commit to zadorov, myers and hronek out of fear of being unable to replace them

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Zadorov will be in high demand.

So will Joshua.

Will be surprised if either comes back.

Possible on Lindholm but have to think there will be teams willing to offer more as well.

Dillon to replace Cole.

Myers back cheap but again, there will be interest.

Can see lots of movement.

And that doesn't even include Hronek who should get moved based on his ask vs production.

And Jesus Christ. Listening to Dhali is grating. Just awful.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
All depends on how you plan to deploy him. Canucks ran him as their third pairing guy with Cole most of the post-season. If that's the case, you simply can't commit his asking price and use him like that.

If you plan on him being on your second pairing, however, the price is a lot more palatable.

Zadorov was the Canucks' number three defensemen in the playoffs, not a bottom pairing defensemen. He averaged over three minutes more than Soucy who had a good playoffs

I get that you don't want to overvalue a small sample size, but you also want to prefer players who can excel during the playoffs.

Overall with Zadorov, if you think he is a top four defensemen (and maybe even top three), then you pay him big money to stay. Top three to four defensemen, who are 6'6, physical and can skate well while playing relatively dependable defense are extremely rare. And Zadorov just turned 29 so shouldn't be someone who is going to fall off of a cliff.

Of course, if you view Zadorov as the type of defensemen he was during the regular season (i.e., bottom pairing) then you let him walk.

Zadorov has long been one of those players with all of the tools and no tool box, and several teams have given him a chance but he hasn't put it together. With that said, if he has put it together now, you absolutely want to lock this guy up.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Again, Canucks hold the Magic of the 8 year term for incumbent UFA signings. This extra year can be used to reduce cap hits and bridge gaps in agent's versus the team's salary expectations.

Use it.

At the moment I don't care what their Cap structure looks like in 6-8 years and I don't think Émilie Castonguay, who will probably president of the league by then, should either.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Summarizing a bit...

- Dhaliwal thinks Lindholm/Joshua are 1-2 on the priority list. Thinks the Canucks really liked Lindholm at C and Pettersson on the W, compared it to when Horvat was here. Is it $7M a year? He's not sure. Joshua, will he get over $3? If he hits July 1st, does he get closer to $4?
- Zadorov - Dhaliwal thinks he's priced himself out of Vancouver, Milstein is in a good spot. Milstein wants term, wants over $5M - some say $6M.
- Myers - wants to come back. Has his off-season home in Kelowna. Can Canucks get him in $3M range? Or does he get $4M on open market? Doesn't think Canucks can afford to lose both Myers and Zadorov.
- Thinks Canucks will try to bring back Blueger.
- Hearing internally Canucks think Tanev will be too expensive July 1. Thinks Tanev's stock is on the rise. Phenomenal playoff, and outpricing himself.
- Hronek - if he keeps asking $8M, Canucks need to move on in his opinion. Ask is not going down. Strong because he has arbitration rights, and they'd do well.
- Silovs - "he's gonna get a raise". Expects him to be the backup next year. Cue big dust up between Don and Dhali about whether or not to move Demko (Don suggested it, Dhali hated it)
- Demko in Game 7 - thinks it was close, but he hadn't been in full practice yet. There's some out there who think he could have played.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Defense

the Core

Quinn Hughes - Gonna win the Norris and gave us fans something we've never had a dominant puck possession player from the blueline that can control games. Shot is still a little bit of a weakness given his TOI. Hughes and Miller drove the bus and it was a fun ride. Good leader and made an impact at bringing the expectations to another level. PPQB #1D

2nd tier

Filip Hronek - Undeniably helped Hughes and the team push a pace and cave our opposition but if he thinks he deserves 8 million with long term after that 2nd half it will and should get ugly from the business side. Probably injury related somewhat but you also have to ask if/when he will be healthy enough to help when it matters given his stature and history of having poor 2nd halves. Ideally they give closer to 6.5. The key is 4 years. RD1 with Hughes.

Nikita Zadorov - Loved big Z hoping we can retain him. Had some clutch moments and was a match up nightmare for our opposition and produced. As much a character as his size. Will be shame if we cant make it work. Him and Soucy behind Hughes makes the LD as good or better than anyones and would allow for breaking in Willander with insulation. LD 2/3 hopefully but if it doesn't work and Dillon comes home or Cole takes a discount we will be ok. His minutes and regular season play/energy is not that great.

Carson Soucy - Excellent contract and showed well in the playoffs and when he was healthy. Him and Myers did a really good job down the stretch and against McDavid hoping we could get more of that. Whatever happens he's money in the bank and a solid 2/3 pairing defender. Nice to have some good Western Canadians on the roster also.

Tyler Myers - Hoping they can get some concessions here. No secret that Myers has made a ton and been a nightmare for large stretches of his time. Have to give credit when it's due and he really stepped up absorbed the coaching of Gonchar and Foote and played a big role as a top4 RD. He's also 34 and will be 35 by next years post season and probably wants more than 1 year. Would be nice to give an extra year if he brings the AAV down to nice number similar to Soucy but if he's making 3.5 then you also have to have a good player for the duration. Tough one RD2/3

3rd tier

Ian Cole - Thought he was a solid veteran most of the year. His frame and smarts on puck was a welcome addition. Had some weird juju going on with bounces and hard to get that deflection winner out of my head right now. I'm indifferent but at 3 million i"m definitely out the pace is becoming too much for consistency. 36 by next post season has to be cheap and probably not a bad idea to get younger

4th tier

Noah Juulsen - Did much better than i thought given his skating and pre season. That step up hit on Ekholm was just so friggen dumb and Forsberg just walked him brutally in round 1. He's not an everday player in a good situation and absolutely cannot be relied upon in the playoffs with those kinds of mistakes. I like him as a RD4 though if he can keep himself from running around. I can see Mcward taking his job soon but cheap depth hometown guy is ok

Freidman was decent when he played

Pettersson Willander McWard all have the potential to be parts soon which is promising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad