Other Chicago and General Sports Thread XXII - Cubs/Sox/Bulls/TEAM USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
No idea how anyone who's a baseball fan can justify saying basketball is unwatchable.

(Would definitely agree that the Bulls particularly are really boring this year for obvious reasons).

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
No idea how anyone who's a baseball fan can justify saying basketball is unwatchable.

(Would definitely agree that the Bulls particularly are really boring this year for obvious reasons).

I have no idea why you think liking one would lead to liking the other. They aren't really similar at all.

A lot of my friends are that way. They're a fan of the Hawks, Bears and one of the Cubs or Sox...but basketball bores them.

Say Hey Kid

Baby, you can drive Makar
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
No idea how anyone who's a baseball fan can justify saying basketball is unwatchable. ...
Barkley said it's unwatchable. He also said it's embarrassing it's so bad. He said he has to look at the schedule to see when the good teams play each other, because the bad teams are so bad he can't watch them even though it's his job. He said the East is so bad he can't decide who the 3rd best team is and if you if combined all the other Eastern teams you still couldn't beat the Pacers or the Heat. The sad thing is that he's 100% correct.

Last edited:

committedindian86

Bedard SZN
Jun 7, 2010
Chicago, IL

The last two minutes of a basketball game are the most anticlimactic in all of sports. Timeouts and intentional fouls drive me insane. It sucks

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Really?

C'mon, you're a smarter guy than that. The 2 games aren't similar in any way.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Would the Knicks really give up a 1st round pick for Tom Thibodeau? Have to make that trade if you are the Bulls, another 1st would help with their rebuild.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- The Cubs and Marlins swapped outfielders on Thursday with Brian Bogusevic going to Miami and Justin Ruggiano heading to Chicago.

I like this trade, Ruggiano has been playing well and I didn't see much of anything in Bogusevic.

EDIT: Didn't realize how much his numbers dipped last year, still .750 career OPS though, good bat to have around.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I like this trade, Ruggiano has been playing well and I didn't see much of anything in Bogusevic.

EDIT: Didn't realize how much his numbers dipped last year, still .750 career OPS though, good bat to have around.

He's a .750 OPS based on one giant year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad