Other AZ Sports Thread 6: Sun Devils, Suns, Lumberjacks, Cardinals, Dbacks, Rattlers, Wildcats, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I'll have to respond to this later when I get off work. Lots of good points. I'm just on the road headed to Houston so tons of travel and stuff today.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
The last couple of weeks have been interesting for the Devils.

2 weeks ago, they barely survived an upset of #15 Michigan State in East Lansing.

Last week, the #24 Devils were upset themselves by Buffalo at home.

Last night, ASU got revenge at #15 Cal.

This better not become a trend...

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Helped that Cal qb left the game. Amazing they pull them both off on the road. I wasn't able to catch the Colorado game, but hey, couple road ranked wins? I'll take them.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Beating ranked MSU and Cal on the road but losing to a Colorado at home that doesn't even have Shenault is a very ASU thing to do.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I think the cardinals should blow this into another tie that would be amusing. Just losing wouldn't be funny enough.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
We were joking about another tie here, too.

Happy for Murray.

A sloppy win against another bad team is still a win

Not very impressed with the GM, Coach, or half the team-- especially the defense --, but I'm glad they picked Murray at the draft.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
They tried. Murray said no.

346 yards for him. But he's bad, remember? ;)

I personally love how Terry Bradshaw in the postgame show would not move off of his position that Kyler Murray is too small for the NHL and went over a laundry list of why he doesn't belong in the league before grudgingly, curmudgeoningly admitting that he played a pretty good game.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
I personally love how Terry Bradshaw in the postgame show would not move off of his position that Kyler Murray is too small for the NHL and went over a laundry list of why he doesn't belong in the league before grudgingly, curmudgeoningly admitting that he played a pretty good game.

I'm not a fan of Bradshaw as a personality or football commentator, and I was never a Pittsburgh Steeler fan, so I can say I've never really been a Terry Bradshaw fan.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
My dad bought tickets to Sunday's Falcons-Cardinals game.

Are there any new features at State Farm Stadium? (I was about to type "University of Phoenix Stadium." #DOH!)

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I was in the endzone where Bryant missed the PAT. I didn't know until the crowd cheered and the PA announcer said it was "NO GOOD!"

It was a fun game. The halftime tribute to Mr. B was very poingant. And I had a blast. Thank you, Cardinals.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
If the defense could step up, the Cards might end with a respectable record. (Considering how negative the prognosticators have been up to this point, I would consider the feat an accomplishment.)

Reactions: _Del_

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
'Bad' day for Kyler and the Cards still win. Edmonds has looked better on the rush than DJ all year and this game was his coming out party.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
'Bad' day for Kyler and the Cards still win. Edmonds has looked better on the rush than DJ all year and this game was his coming out party.

Cards defense did everything it could to let the Giants win, but the Giants were too inept to take advantage. Edmonds was unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad