Other AZ Sports Thread 6: Sun Devils, Suns, Lumberjacks, Cardinals, Dbacks, Rattlers, Wildcats, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Are 1,000-post limits even a thing in Xenforo anymore?

No. But I'm a proponent of thread refreshes every once in a while.

Also technically speaking the reason for the 1000 post limit was gone at least as early as 2014 but was mostly kept for tradition.

Since this is ostensibly a sports thread....
The Diamondbacks are actually going to install that humidor to cut down on offense at Chase. They were supposed to put it in last year but delayed it during the run.

I think the whole thing is stupid. Pitcher's whining about Chase is nothing new, didn't slow Randy down even when one of the first whiners was Shill :laugh:

It's really the juiced balls more than Chase being a hitters park, which it always has been.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I noticed other boards allow a thread like this to talk about other leagues and other teams outside of their respective metro area. Should this board now allow the same kind of talk but still remain a Pro-Arizona sports thread?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Dbacks went from thinking/hoping they still had a good shot at DJ, to settling for Souza while giving up Drury and a pitching prospect.

Not a good week in Dback-land.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Dbacks went from thinking/hoping they still had a good shot at DJ, to settling for Souza while giving up Drury and a pitching prospect.

Not a good week in Dback-land.

I think the local media got ahead of the story last week when they were talking like Boston wasn't gonna figure out a way to get a deal done. I wasn't very hopeful there.

The Souza/Drury thing is meh whatever. I think it's probably evenish value wise but I don't like letting go a 25 year old for a 28 year old in the name of boosting the outfield this season. Souza does have some control left so it's not a total loss or anything. But I'm skeptical that his numbers last season are his norm and not just a good year.

I do like that they got Widener out of it for the reason of you can never have enough pitching. Another pitcher they got from the Yankees for a middle infielder.....Robbie Ray. Hey ya never know :laugh:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
30_FAB618_0_B7_D_4801_83_E4_1_E420713_E30_A.png

:laugh:

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
UofA is in a world of trouble. First Alonzo with the PED allegation, which apparently was a trace from last year?! Now Miller offering $100,000 to Ayton to go to UofA via wiretap. Let's not forget the mess that happened earlier in the season. So how long has this been going on? So far so good for ASU apparently with this mess. I'm looking for a story where Miller threw his assistant under the bus currently, because of what happened earlier in the season.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The UofA basketball program will be lucky to escape the 'death penalty'. It's a large enough program to serve as an example and yet it's not one of the huge powerhouses.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Sean Miller can't be the only new person caught in a wiretap. If they're others, then make it public now who these other people are. Otherwise others will claim the FBI is trying to fix the NCAA Tournament.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I'm disgusted by Walton. He's proud of the way UofA has played tonight after all that has happened. Well yeah, they are still playing with their $100,000 man!

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
No basketball program is clean. I wouldn't be surprised if ASU is doing the same thing but the school does a better job at covering up its tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad