Other AZ Sports Thread 6: Sun Devils, Suns, Lumberjacks, Cardinals, Dbacks, Rattlers, Wildcats, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Suns open up against three kings. Down after 1. Doesn't even look like they can sell out the home opener. Sarver has destroyed this franchise.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
A rookie coach and a rookie QB take their new RB into a game against one of the strongest teams in recent years and only lost by 3, largely due to Peterson having maybe the worst game of his career. The future is bright.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
A D-backs affiliate, The Missoula Osprey, decided to change their identity today.

Shore thing: PaddleHeads row into Missoula

cut.png

I know it's corny, and the nickname is typical cheesy MiLB fluff, but I love it!

Edit 1: Where did that 9 come from? It's gone, now.

Last edited:
Reactions: _Del_

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Asu was without 2 of their 2 starters and still made a game of it against Colorado. Hard to dissect the team after their first game without 2 starters, but they fought back against Colorado and had a chance. Hurley is something special. Wouldn't happen overnight, but he attracts talent.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Vance Joseph should be left in the bay area after calling a blitz UP 3 with the other team already well into FG range with a minute to go. You're playing to stop a TD there. That's it.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Vance Joseph should be left in the bay area after calling a blitz UP 3 with the other team already well into FG range with a minute to go. You're playing to stop a TD there. That's it.
I'm fine with a blitz there, I'm not fine with Chandler Jones in man coverage instead of rushing the passer. So dumb.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
Pretty sure all our previous DC's (Bettcher, Bowles and Horton) have been praised for being aggressive in crunch time. Issue isn't Vance in my mind. Issue's the complete lack of talent on the defensive side of the ball. You compare our D now to the ones we had in the 2014ish years and its incredible how much talent we've lost.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
ASU loses relatively easy games and beats #6 Oregon. Figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad