Other Arizona Sports Thread 4: DBacks, Cardinals, Suns, Wildcats, Sun Devils, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
ASU hockey has a commitment from U17 Canada and 3rd round WHL pick D Jarrod Gourley. 2017 draft eligible.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Wildcats win a bowl game that shouldn't exist and in what maybe Rich Rodriguez's last ever game as head coach of the Wildcats.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
XX what do you know about the 3 star that committed to us on christmas day?

Another needed DB. I don't know if his star rating is really reflective of anything because he's a late riser. Pretty good list of offers. Probably won't start right away due to the JUCO kids coming in. I believe there's 4-5 spots left, although kids on the edge can always get bumped/greyshirt.

Next year is riding on the ability of a cohesive offensive line to form basically over the spring.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
ASU gives up 676 yards in a pretty sad game.

Could not run the ball until a short time before the end of the half. Defense and special teams made some plays, but gave up way too many big plays. For a coach that works on defense so much, we sucked. Lucien had a good game though. Sad to see it go out like that though with basically home field advantage.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Todd Graham needs to do some serious soul searching after this game. He totally blew it by not going for 2 with about five minutes left in the game, up by five. Even a casual fan understands that in that situation, kicking the extra point does nothing.

He continues to blitz way too much, and teams just eat it up. They aren't disguised or unexpected. The WV QB wasn't anything special but he looked comfortable all game long. Several very long 3rd down running conversions, missed tackles. If WV connected on a few deep shots they had wide open, this game would have been a blowout. Refs were pretty generous when it came to pass interference for ASU as well. It should have been worse.

I'm pretty disgusted with the staff, but the kids played well. No complaints. Slocum has been yelled at by Graham several times this year, maybe they fire him. The new OC didn't have time to really work anything into this game, so he gets a pass. If Graham continues to blitz, he'll lose another seven or eight games next year and be fired. Pretty simple.

At least the stadium will be nicer after phase 2.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
If Carson Palmer starts today, I am going to punch somebody in the face.

Since, we have a bye week, if he gets some reps during, say, the first and part of the second quarter, I won't blow my gasket. As soon as it's apparent that the Panthers game is out of reach at any point though, I want Palmer out.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
If Carson Palmer starts today, I am going to punch somebody in the face.

Since, we have a bye week, if he gets some reps during, say, the first and part of the second quarter, I won't blow my gasket. As soon as it's apparent that the Panthers game is out of reach at any point though, I want Palmer out.

I accidentally hit myself in the face putting my laundry in the dryer just now, so I did technically keep my promise.

howlincoyote2k1

Apr 14, 2005
Provo, Utah
Todd Graham needs to do some serious soul searching after this game. He totally blew it by not going for 2 with about five minutes left in the game, up by five. Even a casual fan understands that in that situation, kicking the extra point does nothing.

He continues to blitz way too much, and teams just eat it up. They aren't disguised or unexpected. The WV QB wasn't anything special but he looked comfortable all game long. Several very long 3rd down running conversions, missed tackles. If WV connected on a few deep shots they had wide open, this game would have been a blowout. Refs were pretty generous when it came to pass interference for ASU as well. It should have been worse.

I'm pretty disgusted with the staff, but the kids played well. No complaints. Slocum has been yelled at by Graham several times this year, maybe they fire him. The new OC didn't have time to really work anything into this game, so he gets a pass. If Graham continues to blitz, he'll lose another seven or eight games next year and be fired. Pretty simple.

At least the stadium will be nicer after phase 2.

After the choke vs. Cal, Graham mentioned that if we didn't blitz every play, we would have lost 100-0. Now, I'm sure he was exaggerating, but that doesn't change the fact that if you have to blitz all the time to get any kind of pressure on the quarterback.....something. is. wrong.

I was at that game. We definitely didn't deserve to win...so many things went wrong in that game yet we managed to lose by just one. The whole Chase Field smelled of burnt Kweishi Brown.

Todd Graham has GOT to improve the OL and DL this year. Skill players are nice, but games are won and lost on the front line.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Long, Ball, Norvell, Randolph all gone from ASU coaching staff. Fun part? They left for Memphis together. That's two great recruiters down. Graham responded by hiring a graduate assistant that once held a clipboard for Gus Malzahn. :shakehead

Ray Anderson has no loyalty to Graham. He has another ugly season, he's gone.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Long, Ball, Norvell, Randolph all gone from ASU coaching staff. Fun part? They left for Memphis together. That's two great recruiters down. Graham responded by hiring a graduate assistant that once held a clipboard for Gus Malzahn. :shakehead

Ray Anderson has no loyalty to Graham. He has another ugly season, he's gone.

I say we bring Dennis Erickson back and try to lead the NCAA in penalties per game :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad