OT: OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Is Skynet upon us?

Is this our extinction event?

Speaking of pangolins, the MTG Onslaught expansion had a stupid Prowling Pangolin card.

Oooh... a 6/5 fattie for 2 colored and 3 colorless with a stupid summoning drawback.

So lame. Lame picture too.

Image.ashx

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
if the DOW drops to 12,000 where is the best place to park one's money?

asking for a friend, please don't suggest canned food and water

I can’t find it now but a few hours ago I was reading about a guy who parks his money in pre-ordered video games at GameStop. It was a funny read and likely not true at all but it does give some creative ideas.

Edit: hahaha literally the post before mine has it. I Should have read to the end of the thread before posting.

Reactions: Ainec

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
gamestop is probably the first company to come to mind that will go bankrupt soon with or without the coronavirus

i'd rather stock up on toilet paper on craigslist than leave $ with gamestop

Getting your financial advice from HFBoards is BIG-BRAIN-THINKING

beats 4chan gamestop suggestion

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
gamestop is probably the first company to come to mind that will go bankrupt soon with or without the coronavirus

i'd rather stock up on toilet paper on craigslist than leave $ with gamestop

beats 4chan gamestop suggestion

Here's some real advice.
Get a bidet from Amazon while you can. You can get one for pretty cheap. That way you don't need to worry about toilet paper shortages.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Here's some real advice.
Get a bidet from Amazon while you can. You can get one for pretty cheap. That way you don't need to worry about toilet paper shortages.

been there done that

uninstalled the bidet years ago because I was losing testosterone

might have to go to the storage room and get the old bugger back

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Speaking of movies, was listening to CNBC business tv and they said Netflix and other services may be getting a lack of content for later this year and begining of next year since many shows and movies may be cancelled due to production not travelling based on the virus spreading. That is a possibility. The same may happen for hollywood movies as well.

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
Speaking of movies, was listening to CNBC business tv and they said Netflix and other services may be getting a lack of content for later this year and begining of next year since many shows and movies may be cancelled due to production not travelling based on the virus spreading. That is a possibility. The same may happen for hollywood movies as well.

There will be no new content, In any domain. Sports, Hollywood etc will all shut down, virtually immediately.

Most industries will be on the verge of collapse most likely. There are no safe havens from this.

The negative social, financial and health Implications are all being grossly underestimated right now.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
if the DOW drops to 12,000 where is the best place to park one's money?

asking for a friend, please don't suggest canned food and water

If you're under the age of 65, just hold. Keep enough cash for at least 6 months of general expenses (but people should always look to do that if they have the means). Other than that, I'd keep buying in. As long as you have the timeframe to hold a long view; historically, crashes like this are how rich people became wealthy.

2_5576.jpg

Also yeah, talk to a financial advisor. Don't get advice online lol.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
The nba team cases might actually be an excellent sample to see how the virus spreads between groups of totally healthy individuals who are in close interaction.

Reactions: vancityluongo

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
The nba team cases might actually be an excellent sample to see how the virus spreads between groups of totally healthy individuals who are in close interaction.

3 infected people went to a conference in Boston and got 70 people sick. They believe this is being contracted through breathing, more so than touch. Washing your hands won’t stop you from catching it.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
If you're under the age of 65, just hold. Keep enough cash for at least 6 months of general expenses (but people should always look to do that if they have the means). Other than that, I'd keep buying in. As long as you have the timeframe to hold a long view; historically, crashes like this are how rich people became wealthy.

2_5576.jpg

Also yeah, talk to a financial advisor. Don't get advice online lol.
"Coach potatoe" strategy. Don't try to time the markets. Course I know **** about market strategy. So yes, talk to MULTIPLE financial advisors (just like a doctor, ALWAYS get a 2nd opinion).

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
3 infected people went to a conference in Boston and got 70 people sick. They believe this is being contracted through breathing, more so than touch. Washing your hands won’t stop you from catching it.
That number is sort of unsurprising actually considering how many cards I give out at conferences with handshakes and being in close proximity to folks

If it were like 200+ people I'd be worried about breathing

Reactions: Johnathon Tanner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad