OT: OT Thread, Winter Edition(2nd Fall for Georgians)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
My kids loved it there

That’s great was that a few years back?

My son started going in 2018 with his buddies and he loves it. My daughter is pretty outgoing so I assume she’ll be fine too.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
That’s great was that a few years back?

My son started going in 2018 with his buddies and he loves it. My daughter is pretty outgoing so I assume she’ll be fine too.
Good question lol... They're 20 and 18 now so I'm guessing 2013-16 sometime

Reactions: ps241

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Had to bump this thread, can you guys and gals believe this weather? There is barely any snow in the fields just outside of the city and i was talking to my neighbor who runs a spongee league and all games are cancelled because there is no outdoor ice, in January, unbelievable. Hopefully this keeps up and we are starting golf in March this year instead of May . :laugh:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Had to bump this thread, can you guys and gals believe this weather? There is barely any snow in the fields just outside of the city and i was talking to my neighbor who runs a spongee league and all games are cancelled because there is no outdoor ice, in January, unbelievable. Hopefully this keeps up and we are starting golf in March this year instead of May . :laugh:
Let's not forget this is Manitoba and February hasn't even started yet.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France

Not in Canada ofc but today I saw daffodils in bloom and I think I feel hayfever coming on.

This isn't normal.

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
Starting to wonder why I booked a winter vacation.

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
This abnormal weather is awful. Endless cloud, not enough cold for skating or skiing. Way below normal precipitation and super dirty driving (mashed potatoes slush and flying muddy salt solution).

I like our winters (perhaps I am not in the majority). :)

• Haha

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada

wait until next week when it snows ....... tell your friends that

• Haha

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
You left me hanging. What in samhjill is a "spongee league"? That is a foreign term to a Bostonian.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
But we know it will get warm in February to melt the ice sculptures from the festival du voyager.:laugh:
50-50 shot every year in my experience. Kind of like snow on Halloween. Festival is either bitterly cold or not cold enough for the snow sculptures.

El Nino year this year, much like 98. That was the last time we golfed in March that I can recall.

You left me hanging. What in samhjill is a "spongee league"? That is a foreign term to a Bostonian.
Sponge hockey. Hockey played with a sponge rubber puck. Players typically do not wear skates, usually runners, many in broomball shoes due to the softer and more grippy sole.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
50-50 shot every year in my experience. Kind of like snow on Halloween. Festival is either bitterly cold or not cold enough for the snow sculptures.

El Nino year this year, much like 98. That was the last time we golfed in March that I can recall.

Sponge hockey. Hockey played with a sponge rubber puck. Players typically do not wear skates, usually runners, many in broomball shoes due to the softer and more grippy sole.
Only a few years ago we golfed that course that doesn't have any par 5's on March 19th , my buddy and i were on TV answering some questions from a news reporter. :laugh:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Looks like HF Boards have fixed the image embedding issue!

yay-its-working-nicki-taylor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad