OT: OT Thread, Winter Edition(2nd Fall for Georgians)

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Cat ain't lookin' at you like you ugly, that's what matters.

Black cats are cool, we've had one for about 8 years now. You did well with the pictures, one of the biggest knocks on black cats is "they aren't good for selfies". :rolleyes:

Reactions: ps241

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Resurrecting the OT thread because, for all my expert-level poker chops, my wife called my bluff and my Talking Heads moment (".. and you may say to yourself, 'my God, what have I done?'") has heralded the arrival this Monday of Hypnos, the latest pet in the Alpha Lackey classical Greek mythology parthenon of pets.

Named after sleep incarnate (basically, the classical Greek version of Mr. Sandman) and the son of night, the father of dreams both good and bad, and Death's goofy little brother, this jet black number was 1/5th of a sob story of 'unlucky black kittens' dropped off at the local Humane Society. Well, let the record show that, for all his faults, degenerate gambler Alpha Lackey is NOT superstitious :P

"I heard a knock, I heard a roar,
she said 'that's my husband at the door!'
I said 'I'm jumping out this window, he sounds vicious!'
she said 'but we're thirteen floors up!'
I said 'I'm not superstitious!'" - Benny Hill

View attachment 584167View attachment 584168
Congrats... I've been adamantly "anti-cat" my entire life until my wife caught me in a weak moment last fall with the pic of a little kitten and "puhhhhleeeeze"... and I caved. We ended up with two from the same litter.

Holy hell, was I ever wrong. These things are little furry bundles of love. Of course they love me best, which pisses off everyone else in the family lol
20220720_135155.jpg

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Congrats... I've been adamantly "anti-cat" my entire life until my wife caught me in a weak moment last fall with the pic of a little kitten and "puhhhhleeeeze"... and I caved. We ended up with two from the same litter.

Holy hell, was I ever wrong. These things are little furry bundles of love. Of course they love me best, which pisses off everyone else in the family lol
View attachment 584295
That, my fellow HFJETSer, is so adorable <3

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
I would be lying if I wrote that last night didn't inspire me, but what's your fav beers?

Currently I'm in love with Brewdog Punk IPA.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Ooh, the OT thread resurrected:

Quick shout out to the ever increasing number of Winnipeg drivers that either don't realize that their lights aren't actually on in the morning (those are called running lights and your taillights are not on) or that are so in love with the improved lighting that comes from having their high beams on all the time. You make the morning commute special.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
While my preference is talking hockey, I just want to say that I like these boards a lot. They have helped me through a difficult time.

I have been a part of two other hockey boards in my life.

First one was the Montreal Canadiens, mostly in french, as I used it as a way to practice writing in french as a college student. That board had a significant number of women, which changed the dynamic of the dialogue.

The other was an Oilers messaging board, don't ask me why because I have never liked the Oilers. But the way people talked to each other on those boards gave it the appearance of being utterly dysfunctional. I didn't last.

I find this place interesting. Because the primary discussion is hockey. And it's anonymous.

Really doesn't matter your race, gender, sexual orientation, where you are from, age, wealth, profession, none of that matters in talking about hockey, no one is excluded, everyone has an equal voice.

If you did a sociological experiment and put 100 of us in a room, and were told to talk about hockey. Guaranteed people would fraction off, based on any one of those parameters. As appearance would matter as well. And smell, someone once told me that French was a smell.

But we find a way to be functional on here, for the most part. Without a lot of moderation. That's a credit to each and every one of you.

I discovered this place is 2011 just as Jetsowner.com was about to go down. Nice to see a few of the Thrashers originals still here. Many folks have come and gone, some have stayed the course. My only regret after all these years is I never took up the chance for the HF outdoor games back in the day, when I still had good knees.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Not sure if anyone heard, but Nova Scotia beat Ontario last night in the semi finals of the girls U18 hockey at the Canada Winter Games.

Ontario outshot them something like 50-12 but started their back up because they were so confident that they'd walk over them.

This could be one of the biggest hockey upsets of all time, and I'm not being hyperbolic. Ontario has 13 U18 Team Canada players, Nova Scotia has zero.

Awesome to see

Last edited:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
aw hell...it's gonna be one of those shitty messy snowy late winter weeks it appears. blah.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Winnipeg Jets owner True North considering purchase of Portage Place mall, multiple sources say

I hope this happens, i was just in there the other day and it's more than half empty at least.

I just got word to expect a great bonus next month, which means I was able to tell my little guy he's flying home with his Daddy in April to see a Jets game. I am over the moon for this. I've waited to take him since he was born 7 years ago today.
Remember to wear white.:naughty:

Reactions: Guardian17

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I hope they find a way to re-develop it.
The article I read mentioned lots of ways of supporting the at risk community downtown like a crisis centre and affordable housing, but I'm not sure why TN would buy the place without a way of it generating revenue.

The only thing I can come up with is if by helping solve the downtown issues, the rest of their businesses there are more likely to thrive.

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
something positive: last satuday I played in a hockey fun tournament and we even won it. beer before and after the games. :partytime:

are there any beer/fun tournaments as well where you live? the quality of the players was very low. :D

Reactions: macmaroon

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Depending upon where you like to eat....

Spring nearly sprung, grass almost riz, devastated Winnipeggers wonder where Mrs. Mike’s is.
Beloved St. Boniface burger stand’s owners serving up disappointment instead of fat boys with decision to not open this year, possibly for good..

“The future of Mrs. Mike’s is uncertain at this time,” the company wrote in a Facebook Messenger response to the Free Press Thursday, declining to comment further.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad