OT: OT Thread, Winter Edition(2nd Fall for Georgians)

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Just a cement head.:laugh:

Yep .... back on topic, the times involved

1712585375868.png

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
My loyalty is being tested: signed up for the Whiteout video production event for Monday night, but completely forgot to go, mindlessly watching Women's World hockey instead. Heard it was a good time for those who went, and more Morrissey bobbleheads were handed out.

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
Leafs fan in peace,

As playoff brackets roll around, wondering if a Jets fan can explain to me why they came out the gate this year so good and have been very lowsy in their last 10.

Thank you and hope you guys make the final

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Leafs fan in peace,

As playoff brackets roll around, wondering if a Jets fan can explain to me why they came out the gate this year so good and have been very lowsy in their last 10.

Hellebuyck's been great all year, but the whole team seemed to be committed to defense in the first half of the season and they had a long run of giving up 2 goals or less in regulation. They really were limiting chances: Top 10 in all the defensive shot metrics and then Hellebuyck was rock solid.

Then around mid-January, things started to slip. Since then they've slipped out of the Top 10 in defensive metrics and lately they've been a bit of a tire fire on D.

Special teams have been pretty bad all season and it's bit them more recently as well. Not being able to convert powerplays, getting torched on the PK.

Anyway, things were rosy, then they weren't. The December 31 Jets are contenders. The April 10 Jets are going to get smoked unless Hellebuyck can steal 4 games vs. (most likely) Colorado.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Leafs fan in peace,

1000027031.gif

Juat kidding... thanks for stopping by

Jets were playing a smothering 5 man high pressure system early in the season and they got away from it.aybe due to fatigue or injuries or just old bad habits creeping in

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
View attachment 849523

Juat kidding... thanks for stopping by

Jets were playing a smothering 5 man high pressure system early in the season and they got away from it.aybe due to fatigue or injuries or just old bad habits creeping in

They went through a stretch where the team D was still good but they couldn't buy a goal. I think they started pressing for offense, getting away from the 5 man D play. Since then, they just haven't been able to get back to what had worked in the 1st half season. It is pretty hard to reset a team mindset mid-season. They all need to be in sync for that to work.

Reactions: Buffdog

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
Anyone else having difficulty posting photos? Or are the mods tired of my posts in the Cooking thread?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad