OT: OT Thread Part 7: Where the Only Off Off Topic is Politics (Well Not Literally!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Welcome to calgary where people try to get between a truck/trailer and the curb even though said truck n trailer are making a right hand turn, then drive up over the curb and run a stop sign, THEN not just stop n watch said truck n trailer back into a dock, but sit n watch in the right in the f***ing path said truck n trailer are needing to complete the maneuver.

:help:

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
So, a couple questions for you folks as this happened to twice today, as I always try to put myself in the other person's shoes when their behavior(s) baffle me when sharing a parking lot area with a transport truck.

Say you are in a parking lot area that has 2 exits to choose from, and one of them is partially blocked/occupied by a truck driver who's checking in to find out what dock said truck driver is to back in to. And the person in the car can go use the completely wide open exit, but instead decides to go to the exit that has a truck n 53' trailer in it, and is now trying to maneuver around the rest of the corner.

Is the car driver seriously hoping I move in a way that damages their car? What's the thought process here? Twice today this happened to me and they get so close I can't move until they back all the way up and get out of the way. There's another exit 500ft away that's open so why try to drive through the one that's being used by a much larger vehicle?

On top of this I had someone brake check me on the yellowhead n 66st, trying to get me to rear end them at a red light.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
So, a couple questions for you folks as this happened to twice today, as I always try to put myself in the other person's shoes when their behavior(s) baffle me when sharing a parking lot area with a transport truck.

Say you are in a parking lot area that has 2 exits to choose from, and one of them is partially blocked/occupied by a truck driver who's checking in to find out what dock said truck driver is to back in to. And the person in the car can go use the completely wide open exit, but instead decides to go to the exit that has a truck n 53' trailer in it, and is now trying to maneuver around the rest of the corner.

Is the car driver seriously hoping I move in a way that damages their car? What's the thought process here? Twice today this happened to me and they get so close I can't move until they back all the way up and get out of the way. There's another exit 500ft away that's open so why try to drive through the one that's being used by a much larger vehicle?

Just the mere presence of a giant truck in a parking lot makes me find any other possible way to get out its way.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

On top of this I had someone brake check me on the yellowhead n 66st, trying to get me to rear end them at a red light.

All I got is that people are DAF.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home

Well you know they say you can't fix stupid. Mix that with poor visual accuity and a society that is increasingly seeking instant gratification and you get people who make very bad decisions behind the wheel of a car.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Many people out there are inconsiderate assholes. It's the same way that some don't get out of your way when you are carrying something heavy. One day I picked up a package at UPS that weighed 120lbs. I had to walk it to the truck. Guy starts walking up the ramp that is barely big enough for 2 teenagers to stand shoulder to shoulder. I walked right at the dumb son of a bitch and had he not turned sideways and "hugged" the railing, he would've gotten 120lbs. of steel to the gut and been bulldozed by me. All the dumbass had to do was wait 5 f***ing seconds for me to walk down the ramp.

Another time a dumb f*** bumped into my son at Walmart because he decided to walk down the lane where we were instead of the wide open one. I went up to him and called him a dumb f*** and told him that I had better not see him around again, he got the f*** out of Dodge and I haven't seen him since. If not for the thought of going to jail so that my family wouldn't have me around, I would've f***ed that asshole up right there in the store. I was hoping upon hope that he would start something so that I could slam my fist through his face.

Reactions: oilers'72

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Many people out there are inconsiderate assholes. It's the same way that some don't get out of your way when you are carrying something heavy. One day I picked up a package at UPS that weighed 120lbs. I had to walk it to the truck. Guy starts walking up the ramp that is barely big enough for 2 teenagers to stand shoulder to shoulder. I walked right at the dumb son of a bitch and had he not turned sideways and "hugged" the railing, he would've gotten 120lbs. of steel to the gut and been bulldozed by me. All the dumbass had to do was wait 5 f***ing seconds for me to walk down the ramp.

Another time a dumb f*** bumped into my son at Walmart because he decided to walk down the lane where we were instead of the wide open one. I went up to him and called him a dumb f*** and told him that I had better not see him around again, he got the f*** out of Dodge and I haven't seen him since. If not for the thought of going to jail so that my family wouldn't have me around, I would've f***ed that asshole up right there in the store. I was hoping upon hope that he would start something so that I could slam my fist through his face.

Bryan you seem a bit tense this morning. Is it snowing in Hawaii today or something? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad