OT: OT Thread Part 6: still got a new name faster than Seattle's team

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
City road planners seeing traffic actually flowing properly because of 90% less cars on the road:

tenor.gif

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

At least there are people out there still bringing some levity in these dark times.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Yes there are, like playing Hetfield with one hand and Hammett with the other:

I just stumbled on this young lady last night on YT and watched some of her other covers she has up. What an amazing talent.

Last edited:

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I've always wanted to design Tall buildings as a hobby with CAD. I've just started with tinkerCAD ..lol... but I see many in my architecture forum using sketchup.

From my experience, TinkerCAD is good for smaller mechanical things, but sketchup is better for architecture. I made this house on Sketchup:

upload_2020-4-24_7-28-40.png

But anything architecture related that I make on Tinkercad ends up looking awful haha.
I did design and 3d print an Oilers themed hockey puck using Tinkercad though.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
From my experience, TinkerCAD is good for smaller mechanical things, but sketchup is better for architecture. I made this house on Sketchup:

View attachment 343350

But anything architecture related that I make on Tinkercad ends up looking awful haha.
I did design and 3d print an Oilers themed hockey puck using Tinkercad though.
OK.. I'll take your advice and like what you did. They have a free browser Sketchup that I'll use unless there's a free version of when it was Google Sketchup. Do you know where I could find that? I don't want to be limited to having to be online.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
OK.. I'll take your advice and like what you did. They have a free browser Sketchup that I'll use unless there's a free version of when it was Google Sketchup. Do you know where I could find that? I don't want to be limited to having to be online.

There are a few versions that you can download online. Here's Sketchup Make 2020 for Macs for example:

SketchUp Make for Mac

I still use the 2017 one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad