OT: OT Thread II: Where everything's made up and the points don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Preliminary 7.1 quake just hit.

Hearing it's near yesterday's epicenter (Ridgecrest) again.

Much, much stronger than yesterday. (USGS site seems to be overwhelmed)

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
WNBA cancelled Aces game. NBA stopped summer league. Dodgers continued their game.

USGS calling Thursday's quake a foreshock of today's 7.1. Part of a earthquake sequence. Epicenter in the middle of NAS China Lake.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
I didn’t feel either quake. I live in the SW off of FT Apache near Blue Diamond. All of my friends in Summerlin 3 miles away felt it. Weird.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Anyone headed to the screening of Making Coco tonight? Grant Fuhr is my favorite goaltender and I’ve been looking forward to seeing it. I can’t wait to meet him.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Jeopardy James wants to rock VGK sweater during championship tournament, but they don't allow licensed merch on show (excluding college tourney).

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
7A413449-C644-4DF5-B24B-4FADF541F79B.jpeg
Totally missed this. How was the movie? Why was Grant Fuhr in town? Was this the premier?
Excellent documentary. He was in town for the Las Vegas Premier of the movie. Previously premiered in Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto last fall. It will debut on Netflix in October.

Mark Shunock, the arena MC for Knights games hosted it at his venue. Grant was great to talk to. Spent about 10 minutes afterward speaking with him. Then I headed down (uninvited haha) and met him and his friends at The Long Bar in The D. It was an experience I’ll never forget. Bernie Nichols was there too. Super nice guy. He lives in Vegas, and Grant is looking to move here from Palm Springs.

Attachments

• 6AF77134-60A8-43C8-B391-2F5F6988135E.jpeg
    6AF77134-60A8-43C8-B391-2F5F6988135E.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 1

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
View attachment 246063
Excellent documentary. He was in town for the Las Vegas Premier of the movie. Previously premiered in Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto last fall. It will debut on Netflix in October.

Mark Shunock, the arena MC for Knights games hosted it at his venue. Grant was great to talk to. Spent about 10 minutes afterward speaking with him. Then I headed down (uninvited haha) and met him and his friends at The Long Bar in The D. It was an experience I’ll never forget. Bernie Nichols was there too. Super nice guy. He lives in Vegas, and Grant is looking to move here from Palm Springs.

Wow, this is amazing. Sounds like you had a blast! :thumbu:

Just watched the trailer & now I bummed. Had I had known about this ahead of time. I absolutely would've attended.

Reactions: KnishOfTheCrease

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Wow, this is amazing. Sounds like you had a blast! :thumbu:

Just watched the trailer & now I bummed. Had I had known about this ahead of time. I absolutely would've attended.

I had only heard about it because someone promoted it back in April on the Vegas Valley Hockey Facebook page. Then didn’t hear a peep about it again until 3 days beforehand when Grant tweeted about it. No one in my goalie group knew about it and they still had a packed house.

Savoie92

Jul 5, 2012
Regina
Just out of curiousity, where do you guys see Carrier fitting. Is he going to be an every night 4th liner? or is he a pressbox kind of guy? Just wondering for my fantasy league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad