Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
My suggestion to HRH employees is to get (temp) job with US Census. :D
I worked a time with the census in 2000. It was very interesting work. I got a full time job before my group got sent from Western New York to Boston Mass. to help them finish up though.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
What did you do? I know there would probably be a lot of work that goes into it but I can't imagine the specifics.

Title: enumerator.

Starting a year out, ADDCAN, address canvassing. Literally walking every block to see if building at address the same, knock on doors letting folks know Census coming. In areas where entire subdivisions or apartment complexes built, might be a lot of new additions. Also identify churches (think homeless out reach), hospitals, dorms, nursing homes, hotels that have special handling (group quarters). And businesses that have 24 hour staff may be considered residence (including storage facilities, veterinary, etc.).

Hard to type this on phone, so will expand on computer tomorrow the rest if questions.

After ADDCAN, did GQ (group quarters prep). Then actual census.... TINSIL (counting homeless, including overnight visits to encampments, plus shelters, meal serving, etc.). And following up on every address that didn't respond, including those who might not speak/understand English, working with landlords to get information on tenants (civil penalties of $500/address for not responding).

Months later, I went back and was doing a number of surveys that US Census (Commerce Dept). Like housing, etc.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Hoping Vegas will rally behind the team and give them the largest crowd in UNLV history for the opening game next season in their new home.

They haven't given the city anything to rally around for the entire 2000's? I wonder if they should go to FCS if they aren't going to even get close to any success on this level.

I know they get some money from the MWC TV deal but it isn't a lot of money that Conference is getting. They can't be a revenue generating school from football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad