Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
It's doubtful they'd fill it up.

They'd likely need 8,000-10,000 per game to break even in a big arena like that. League average is 9,600 this year.
My guess is they would close the upper deck unless they were getting exceptional attendance.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
My guess is they would close the upper deck unless they were getting exceptional attendance.

There's reason to think they could do ~12,000.

League averages this year
Saskatchewan: 13,459 (capacity: 15,195)
Buffalo: 13,046 (capacity: 19,070)
Colorado: 12,815 (capacity: 17,809)
Calgary: 12,594 (capacity: 19,289)
Philadelphia: 10,805 (capacity: 19,306)
Toronto: 9,477 (capacity: 18,800)
San Diego: 7,769 (capacity: 12,920)
Vancouver: 6,833 (capacity: 18,910)
Georgia: 6,699 (capacity: 10,500)
Rochester: 6,440 (capacity: 10,424)
New England: 5,527 (capacity: 7,074)

Although the league wide average attendance went up, most teams (most notably Buffalo, Saskatchewan, Colorado, and Toronto) were actually down due in part to a labor stoppage that resulted in multiple early season games being cancelled and then rescheduled later. The reason the leagu-ewide average went up is the expansion Philadelphia Wings as well as the Vancouver franchise doubling its attendance (their number looks low now, but they just had their first year under Canucks ownership and were previously struggling to draw 3,000 in a tiny arena in the suburbs).

Next year's expansion teams are Halifax (capacity 10,595) and New York (Nassau; capacity 13,917)

There have been many years where Colorado or Buffalo averaged 15,000-18,000. One season the Colorado Mammoth even out drew the Avalanche and Nuggets on a per-game basis (obviously they play fewer games at lower prices, but it was still impressive).

Reactions: hangman005

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
It would be pretty cool like lacrosse and wouldn’t mind it getting bigger and more accessible, I assume they’d be looking at T-mobile not Sure though they could fill it for lacrosse but I could be wrong. But until it happens go roughnecks

Yes, T-Mobile.

It's arena/box Lacrosse, not the bigger-field game that is prevalent in colleges and high schools around the country.

Saw a few games when SJ Stealth were around. It's on the hockey rink surface with astroturf on top. So you have all the boards and glass up for a normal hockey game, just with ice surface covered (insulating rubber, plus). So the only change-over between hockey and NLL is covering the ice and putting out different nets.

Fun, fast game.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Where else in Vegas would be a suitable venue, not being local I’m not actually sure.
There's plenty of potential places. Orleans Arena, Mandalay Arena, MGM Grand Garden, Thomas and Mack Center, but I'd assume Foley would want it in T-MA since he's got a little piece of ownership of the arena.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Hope we get the place we looked at today. It’s an apartment pretty nice one too and I’ve always wanted to live in an apartment.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
In a house with lawns and gardens and for a lazy person it’s awful lol. I also think because apartments are fairly rare in NZ so it’s a bit of a novelty lol :laugh:
I'll tell you from experience coming out of a house and into a highrise, it's kind of nice to not have to worry about anything. Light burns out? Send in a maintenance request and they take care of it.

We still have our house in Las Vegas and I visited it for the first time during the first round. I puttered around in the yard almost the whole time and I missed it. I kind of enjoy that stuff, though. I didn't enjoy it enough to want to do it all the time when I had to, but once I don't have to do it all the time, it's fun.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
:dunno:

Trying to spend less time in front of screen. Read 1.5 books in series. Lots of brain power required to keep people, locations, situations, relationships in order. Not willing to invest that much.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
:dunno:

Trying to spend less time in front of screen. Read 1.5 books in series. Lots of brain power required to keep people, locations, situations, relationships in order. Not willing to invest that much.
Yep. I've heard it's really convoluted. And I no longer have the sufficient gray matter to keep up with that sort of thing. :laugh:

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Almost as shocking as the percentage of cars with Knights stickers and license plates/holders even before the cup run is the number of Lights stickers I see. I'm a soccer fan and I still can't imagine a scenario where I'd go to a USL match. MLS would be a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca