OT: OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Stillers and our pointless bowl games we got!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
What pisses me off the most is the fact my two year old boy celebrated with me when James scored. He saw me jump up and put my hands in the air so he copied me and was laughing. Was awesome....then they f***ed us and Ben was an idiot.

It went from a really sweet moment to a terrible one

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
What pisses me off the most is the fact my two year old boy celebrated with me when James scored. He saw me jump up and put my hands in the air so he copied me and was laughing. Was awesome....then they ****ed us and Ben was an idiot.

:(:(

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
What pisses me off the most is the fact my two year old boy celebrated with me when James scored. He saw me jump up and put my hands in the air so he copied me and was laughing. Was awesome....then they ****ed us and Ben was an idiot.

It's probably too early for the birds and bees talk, but you should consider it seeing as how the Steelers just got f***ed.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
The annoying thing is that it is not supposed to be a 50/50 review. They need to be certain to overturn a call.

Exactly. There was no conclusive evidence. Did anyone actually see the ball touch the ground? Nope.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Wouldve been so nice to make the Pats play a Wild Card game....now they get a bye. Oh well.

If we beat the Texans and Browns, we get a bye. Beat the WC winner, Probably the Cheifs again. And im sure we also beat them.

Play New England at Gillette is the thing im iffy on. But Bell was a handful for them, something they didn't have to deal with last year. Maybe he is the difference maker, Brown should be back by then, we still have a shot at the SB. The Pats really don't look that good tbh.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
From Blandino

That’s the rule and it’s a bright line. If you are going to the ground to make the catch you have to hold onto the ball when you land. He isn’t a runner until he completes the catch so goal line is not a factor. It’s an incomplete pass

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yeah, I thought about compartment syndrome. Hopefully, the trip to the hospital was purely precautionary.

Anybody notice what I thought was the blatant taunt on Gronk's TD. Lot less has been called unsportsmanlike conduct.

Anyway, the TD call is bull****, but you could look at a lot of plays/series that changed the game. Steelers going too conservative for most of the second half; failure to stop the Pats in the last two minutes (well they only needed a minute) and many others. It was entertaining, but really, the NFL's ability to muck up what's a clear catch and let refs control the outcome of the game is something they need to fix.

It's what Tomlin does man. He gets scared and stops being aggressive. Romo was parroting what most of us were saying all week... was nice to have him in there basically calling Tomlin out at times for taking the ball out of Roths hands. I kept hoping Tomlin wouldn't get conservative in the second half... but the man just can't help himself. You don't squat on any lead agt Brady... when will he learn that shit?

Roth was on pace for over 400 yards at half wasn't he? Then had like 40-50 yards in the second half before that last series.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Is this going to be another one of those.... "Oh, Sorry... Steelers. We screwed up." type of apologies?

The ones they can't reverse back what had happen.

I still can't believe I have to watch another Belichick/Brady run team again after they should have been banished from the league and still allowed to win titles.

What does it teach you?

Stay away from football.

Reactions: Kip Drordy

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
People are going to focus on the no catch (which was bs I know) but if this was a half way decently coached team they would be going to OT at worst. They should have had a play called had they got tackled in bounds, but they didn't. They should have had a third timeout, but they didn't.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
The annoying thing is that it is not supposed to be a 50/50 review. They need to be certain to overturn a call.
I despise the Patriots and was pissed when the call was reversed but after watching the replay it was not a complete pass. The player has to maintain control when he hits the ground. He didn't do that.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
what happened when they did? Oh right, it came out.
1) It didn't come out immediately. Yet, from watching the games I had been able to tell that the referees had ulterior motives than calling a fair game just by watching- and those games were referenced by Donaghy.

2) And it didn't come out because someone just decided to spill the beans. Donaghy was was under FBI investigation, and provided full cooperation to plea to a lesser sentence. Something that wouldn't occur in the NFL unless a ref there is also involved in the mob.

3) And like always, saying that money is the reason they couldn't get away with it is a weak excuse. It's actually the opposite. If you blow the whistle on the NFL, what happens to your pension? Goodbye. Who says the teams would have to know either? Referees have such a large impact on the game (especially in football and basketball) and teams are so similar in talent level, it only takes a few calls to swing the outcome. League officials don't have to explicitly tell the officials what to do either. As explained by Donaghy, they just send out videos or instructions for things to "focus" on, i.e the Patriots unfairly getting called for holding, and the refs do the rest. That's why they're known as company men.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Is this going to be another one of those.... "Oh, Sorry... Steelers. We screwed up." type of apologies?

The ones they can't reverse back what had happen.

I still can't believe I have to watch another Belichick/Brady run team again after they should have been banished from the league and still allowed to win titles.

What does it teach you?

Stay away from football.

I agree, it's like the NFL is purposely trying to peel away their fan base. This was the first game I was emotionally attached to and shame on me for caring again. The NFL is joke.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
From Blandino

That’s the rule and it’s a bright line. If you are going to the ground to make the catch you have to hold onto the ball when you land. He isn’t a runner until he completes the catch so goal line is not a factor. It’s an incomplete pass
I take guys like him and Pereira with a huge grain of salt. Their priority is to defend the referee's/league's calls, more or less. Look at their unprofessional conduct during the referee lockout for example.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I despise the Patriots and was pissed when the call was reversed but after watching the replay it was not a complete pass. The player has to maintain control when he hits the ground. He didn't do that.

Did you miss that he was already on the ground. Knee, then hip and whole side. He couldn't be more on the ground.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Show me one video that shows the ball move without his hand underneath. IF you can't you really should admit your being obtuse.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I take guys like him and Pereira with a huge grain of salt. Their priority is to defend the referee's/league's calls, more or less. Look at their unprofessional conduct during the referee lockout for example.

I would think he's down when his elbow hit the ground on the goal line. He had possession at that point. What happened afterward shouldn't matter.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I would think he's down when his elbow hit the ground on the goal line. He had possession at that point. What happened afterward shouldn't matter.
The NFL's interpretations of rules purposely conflict with each other, likely so they can control the outcomes in cases like these. Completely agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad