OT: OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Stillers and our pointless bowl games we got!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Random, angry thoughts from a yinzer so..
-HOW IN THE HELL IS THAT NOT A TOUCHDOWN?? IN WHAT ******* WORLD IS THAT NOT A CATCH????
-Season's over. Bottom line. We're not winning in Foxboro. If we even get that far.
-Congrats New England!!! Everything just falls in your lap yet again!!!
-You gotta go for it on that 4th and 1. Yep deep in our territory. But two things. A) you play to win the game and B) we all knew what was going to happen (New England scoring, not the stuff that happened after)
-New England took 2 penalties for 5 yards. TWO ******* penalties. THEY ARE PERFECT.
-How is Sean Spence starting??? Dude sits on the coach for 13 weeks then starts???
-I think we felt the impact of the suspensions, yea?? Gronk 1 game for the people's elbow. GOTTA GET HIM BACK ON THE FIELD IN TIME FOR PITTSBURGH THOUGH!!!!

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
Question for everyone saying games are fixed for the patriots - I would think the league would want another team to win every once in a while… Why would they favor the patriots?

Edit: I mean, I agree that New England is always lucky and gets every call, but I just don't understand WHY

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Question for everyone saying games are fixed for the patriots - I would think the league would want another team to win every once in a while… Why would they favor the patriots?
Well for one, Robert Krafty is the reason Goodell became commissioner. But that isn't the real issue, I have no idea why they favor the Patriots, yet all calls go in their favor.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA

There are plenty of people who think the league is fixed for the Steelers.

Answer: sports fans are crazies.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
There are plenty of people who think the league is fixed for the Steelers.

Answer: sports fans are crazies.
Most teams who are in the leagues pocket don't have the league apologize multiple times for bad calls costing them two playoff games.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
The ball hit touched the ground.
IF it did, which it's clearly not conclusive it did, it was after it broke the plane anyways.

It's almost 2018 and we have no idea what a catch in the NFL is still. How the commissionaire got a contract extension is beyond me. What a shitshow of a league.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
The rule states that a receiver who is going to the ground must maintain possession of the ball to complete the process of a catch. It doesn't matter where the goal line is.

It's a pretty stupid rule.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
You don't get the concepted at all.

The ball touched the ground after he was already on the ground and broke the plain of the goal line.

You are talking about a point well after the fact it was already a touchdown.
The player has to survive contact with the ground. Just because his knee touched doesn't mean he survived contact with the ground. Surviving contact with the ground means he had possession the entire time until he was completely on the ground. Sorry guys but that's the rule.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
The rule states that a receiver who is going to the ground must maintain possession of the ball to complete the process of a catch. It doesn't matter where the goal line is.

It's a pretty stupid rule.

Actually it does matter where the goal line is. As soon as the ball crosses the goaling the play is over. He would have had to fumble with the ball before it crossed and we all know he didn't do that.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Actually it does matter where the goal line is. As soon as the ball crosses the goaling the play is over. He would have had to fumble with the ball before it crossed and we all know he didn't do that.

You are not correct when you are applying the rule the same way they are. They are saying it was all one continuous motion and he didn't maintain possession totally ignoring the fact he extends.

So you are not applying the rule correctly.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA

He is not considered a runner because he is going to the ground. He is still considered a receiver and needs to complete the catch. Read the rulebook.

If he was on his feet and the ball crossed the line but it was stripped it would be a touchdown.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
He is not considered a runner because he is going to the ground. He is still considered a receiver and needs to complete the catch. Read the rulebook.

If he was on his feet and the ball crossed the line but it was stripped it would be a touchdown.
he did complete the catch. His knee was down while he had control. Then he extended, crossed the goal line, and juggled it a bit when the ball and his hands hit the ground. Reaching out is "a football move" there.

If they had called it no-catch on the field, I could understand it. But to reverse the call there is crazy.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
You are not correct when you are applying the rule the same way they are. They are saying it was all one continuous motion and he didn't maintain possession totally ignoring the fact he extends.

So you are not applying the rule correctly.

Yes. I am. The ball only has to break the plain, he was already on the ground. The bobble was after a TD.

The play was dead as soon as the tip of the ball touched the line.

It's no different when a guy reaches for the goal line with the ball in one hand and when he slams it on the goal line it pops out. He had control when he touched the line and it's a touch down every single time.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
Yes. I am. The ball only has to break the plain, he was already on the ground. The bobble was after a TD.

It's no different when a guy reaches for the goal line with the ball in one hand and when he slams it on the goal line it pops out. He had control when he touched the line and it's a touch down every single time.

This is where you are wrong. He is not considered a runner yet.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Only as it pertains to a rusher. That does not apply to a receiver. He was considered a receiver, not a rusher. The goal line is a zero factor.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

This is where you are wrong. He is not considered a runner yet.

UM - you are wrong. Sorry. Read Smoke's post.

The part that needs to be highlighted is the clear extension of the ball - a football move.

Reactions: PensandCaps

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
UM - you are wrong. Sorry. Read Smoke's post.

The part that needs to be highlighted is the clear extension of the ball - a football move.

He did a football move reaching while on the ground. Now we are trying to breach the fact he wasn't on his feet?

That is preposterous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad