OT: OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Stillers and our pointless bowl games we got!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Out of all the insane things I've seen overturned in every sport, I would have bet my entire retirement on that not being overturned.
That's because you think the NFL wants to call a fair game.

Only a fool would bet on the NFL unless you have inside information.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I mean, I hate the players with a passion these days, but the league itself is just brutal with all this stupid calls/non calls.

You break the plain with the ball it's a touchdown. You go out of bounds with control of the ball it's a catch.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
That rule is so stupid and has always been stupid

But lets not forget Ben basically lost the game with a pretty silly decision.

No, I'm not going to say that Ben lost the game. Ben kicked ass. He was incredible, then made one poor decision that he shouldn't have even needed to make.

Sean Davis was Gronk's bitch all game and dropped a game ending INT. If anyone lost it, he did.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
That's because you think the NFL wants to call a fair game.

Only a fool would bet on the NFL unless you have inside information.
tinfoilhat.jpg

Reactions: domaug

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I mean, I hate the players with a passion these days, but the league itself is just brutal with all this stupid calls/non calls.

You break the plain with the ball it's a touchdown. You go out of bounds with control of the ball it's a catch.

The NFL doesn't know what a TD is. Welcome to Roger Goodell's league.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
No, I'm not going to say that Ben lost the game. Ben kicked ass. He was incredible, then made one poor decision that he shouldn't have even needed to make.

Sean Davis was Gronk's ***** all game and dropped a game ending INT. If anyone lost it, he did.

Brady and his team would never f*** up that bad.

That's why they win and the Steelers don't.

Reactions: Andy99

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
if you wanna be mad at anyone, be mad at the coordinators who schemed all night to allow Gronk to go virtually unchallenged in single coverage. he ate up Sean Davis all night long.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
@ColePens I might need to watch it more, but it seemed as if he didn’t have both feet down when he extended. You have to make a football move AFTER the catch, not during.

The football play is extending his arms. The ball doesn't come out until after he broke the plain and hit the ground. He didn't fumble with the ball until it was legally a TD already.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+ That was the best quality NFL football game of the year with the two teams looking the absolute best 2 NFL teams.

- That f***ing call at the end and the inability for Tomlin to double cover Gronk is insane. But seriously.. that call in the end is one of the worst calls I've ever seen in any football game. If it was ruled incomplete, i'd barely understand it. The fact it was OVERTURNED with conclusive evidence as to why is f***ing mindnumbing horseshit.

I don't believe for 1 second the league is rigged or any of that bullshit. That's silly. But man.. come on. Come the f*** on with that. That was the dumbest overturned call I've ever witnessed in my entire life.

And what to the Steelers do after it? They are idiots. They aren't prepared. Ben wanted to spike the ball on 3rd down. None of our players even realized it was 3rd and didn't run a route. ONE GUY ran a route.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
if you wanna be mad at anyone, be mad at the coordinators who schemed all night to allow Gronk to go virtually unchallenged in single coverage. he ate up Sean Davis all night long.

They did the right thing...players have to make plays, like the INT that left his hands
This loss is on the offense --Ben and Haley. Ben for that final play and Haley for calling it so conservative with less than 4 min left that they couldn't get a first down. All they needed was a few first downs on the previous drive and they would have won

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Now Im just mad at everything. Mad at the refs for calling an incomplete catch WHEN THE PLANE WAS BROKEN AND HIS KNEE WAS DOWN. AND HOW IS THAT CONCLUSIVE ANYWAY, YOU CANT TELL ME YOU COULD SEE WHERE HIS RIGHT HAND WAS OR WASNT JUST UNDER THE BALL

Reactions: TNT87

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
+ That was the best quality NFL football game of the year with the two teams looking the absolute best 2 NFL teams.

- That ****ing call at the end and the inability for Tomlin to double cover Gronk is insane. But seriously.. that call in the end is one of the worst calls I've ever seen in any football game. If it was ruled incomplete, i'd barely understand it. The fact it was OVERTURNED with conclusive evidence as to why is ****ing mindnumbing horse****.

I don't believe for 1 second the league is rigged or any of that bull****. That's silly. But man.. come on. Come the **** on with that. That was the dumbest overturned call I've ever witnessed in my entire life.

And what to the Steelers do after it? They are idiots. They aren't prepared. Ben wanted to spike the ball on 3rd down. None of our players even realized it was 3rd and didn't run a route. ONE GUY ran a route.

The NFL isn't rigged, it's just run by incompetent people. Everyone except the people running league can understand what is and isn't a touchdown.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Yeah, agree with all of the above (Cole).

Sucks, because we needed that, we have no shot whatsoever if the play NE on their field. We needed this one.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
If you don't begin to question the league's integrity after something like this, you lack critical thinking ability. The Patriots had 5 yards in penalties on the road, which happened for only the 5th time this season, weren't called on many obvious penalties, on top of that bogus overturned TD at the end.

Let me ask you something, were you surprised at the review result?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad