OT: OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Stillers and our pointless bowl games we got!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Is the play not dead after you cross the plain with the ball? I don't get how it was even conclusive enough to overturn.

The way I've always understood the rule... A player must possess the ball to the ground. I get it. So he did... and then he EXTENDS OUT AS A 2ND MOVE. So when he makes the 2nd move to extend out because he knew he was short, it's a football move. That ends the play at the goaline.
It's a horseshit f***ing overturn.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
I usually dont comment on here since I am just a casual football guy (2/3 games each sunday are on german tv) but damn that was a tough one

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
The way I've always understood the rule... A player must possess the ball to the ground. I get it. So he did... and then he EXTENDS OUT AS A 2ND MOVE. So when he makes the 2nd move to extend out because he knew he was short, it's a football move. That ends the play at the goaline.
It's a horse**** ****ing overturn.

His knee was down.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
Get AB and Haden healthy, get the second seed and 1st round bye, and go win in New England. The better team lost today due to the NFL overthinking what a catch is and isn't.

Reactions: KIRK

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
It's a horse**** ****ing overturn.
His Knee and Elbow are also down...ball secured....then he makes a football move.

Whetever. This is the 2nd time this year the refs took away a winning TD that should've stood vs the pats.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
His Knee and Elbow are also down...ball secured....then he makes a football move.

Whetever. This is the 2nd time this year the refs took away a winning TD that should've stood vs the pats.

Exactly what I saw. Honestly.. if that was in the playoffs, i'd write a very lengthy letter to the NFL voicing my displeasure! :laugh:

But seriously.. that's a catch in 9/10 football games. And it was ruled a TD on field. I cannot believe for the life of me that was overturned. I cannot believe it.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I just hope AB is available for the playoffs at this point...it would be horrendous if we lose both the game and him...

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
There was never a conclusive view of the ball touching the ground. I have no idea how that is conclusive. The best you can say is that maybe James let it hit the ground.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
@ColePens I might need to watch it more, but it seemed as if he didn’t have both feet down when he extended. You have to make a football move AFTER the catch, not during.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Out of all the insane things I've seen overturned in every sport, I would have bet my entire retirement on that not being overturned.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
That rule is so stupid and has always been stupid

But lets not forget Ben basically lost the game with a pretty silly decision.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
I mean, honestly, I see something like that and genuinely wonder why I still bother watching. At best, the league and it's officials are completely incompetent. At worst, there's some kind of built-in bias. Either way, watching is starting to feel like a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad