Not open for further replies.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Real-life exchange I had with a physician today:

Cwwc51IW8AUjeHm.jpg

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Sorry guys, no politics, as bad as we want to discuss it here.

We have a political forum based for this though.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Butters and Cartman are probably my respective 2 and 3.

Cartman
Butters
Randy

Also Mackey and PC Principal have made me burst out laughing a few times, although PC Principal is a one trick pony and sucks this season.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
The reason that Political discussion of any sort is forbidden everywhere on this Site except for the Politics Forum is because subjects involving Politics have proven to be extremely contentious and volatile. In the vast majority of all instances where it is discussed, the conflict escalates quickly to the point where numerous rules are being violated – flaming, trolling, offensive content, the whole nine yards.
The Politics Board exists to contain all of this discussion and as such is very, very loosely moderated in terms of content. Our moderators on HFBoards are all volunteers, and the polarizing nature of political discussions would basically turn the moderators’ occupations into full-time jobs, which we do not want. So Politics is discussed in a contained place and at your pleasure/risk.

For those that wish to discuss, the Politics Board is found here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Was my post about rising temperatures really that political? Are we not able to separate environmentalism from politics? What a sad, terrible world we live in (well at least until it floods or erupts in flames).

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I'm too afraid to go there...

There is some good points in there but also a lot of scum and villainy (as you would expect). With that said I've been there all day and have maybe got 30 minutes of actual work done today.

Not a single American I have emailed today for work reasons has replied to me today. Not one.

Beansy*

Sep 10, 2016
The NCAA is a modern day slavery plantation.

Modern day slavery plantation? Yeah, ok. I mean, on one hand you have slaves that were beaten, raped, bought and sold and treated worse than cattle, on the other hand you have athletes many of which are going to school tuition free with room and board paid on their behalf - and those that are are not on scholarships being kids that are more than likely coming from significant means.

This might be the most asinine and completely ridiculous statements I have ever read.

Does the NCAA rules and regulations unfairly prevent the student athletes from making a living? Sure. Is it comparable to slavery? No, not in the least.

Beansy*

Sep 10, 2016
The reason that Political discussion of any sort is forbidden everywhere on this Site except for the Politics Forum is because subjects involving Politics have proven to be extremely contentious and volatile. In the vast majority of all instances where it is discussed, the conflict escalates quickly to the point where numerous rules are being violated – flaming, trolling, offensive content, the whole nine yards.
The Politics Board exists to contain all of this discussion and as such is very, very loosely moderated in terms of content. Our moderators on HFBoards are all volunteers, and the polarizing nature of political discussions would basically turn the moderators’ occupations into full-time jobs, which we do not want. So Politics is discussed in a contained place and at your pleasure/risk.

For those that wish to discuss, the Politics Board is found here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160

Sounds like any garden variety GDT to me.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Modern day slavery plantation? Yeah, ok. I mean, on one hand you have slaves that were beaten, raped, bought and sold and treated worse than cattle, on the other hand you have athletes many of which are going to school tuition free with room and board paid on their behalf - and those that are are not on scholarships being kids that are more than likely coming from significant means.

This might be the most asinine and completely ridiculous statements I have ever read.

Does the NCAA rules and regulations unfairly prevent the student athletes from making a living? Sure. Is it comparable to slavery? No, not in the least.
Get real. The metaphor is apt.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
So is anyone gonna check out the Canucks sports bar? I'm hoping it'll be as good as some of the ones they have in Toronto. Vancouver currently doesn't really have a good sports bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad