OT: OT Non-Ski Resort Thread Part ∞+6 Stig Gets a Cat Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
By ratings I mean critique, not number of people watching. If a show is rated extremely well even if you don't like it I think it's fair to suggest that it's a good show but it doesn't really appeal to you.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
By ratings I mean critique, not number of people watching. If a show is rated extremely well even if you don't like it I think it's fair to suggest that it's a good show but it doesn't really appeal to you.

Why not? That's my opinion. I also think Big Bang Theory is a terrible show but tons of people like it and it gets great ratings but that doesn't mean that to me, it's not a terrible show.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
that's a decent point to be honest, i'll just leave it at this friday night lights in my opinion is the best show i've ever watched, and like many feel like it got grossly underrated in terms of viewership. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but it seems like per ratings the general public sides with me, sure that doesn't mean my opinion is better than yours but it at least means something.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I've been watching and listening to way too much news lately. It's become addicting in a terrible, masochistic sort of way. I'm glad I'm going to Uclulet this weekend to escape from everything for a few days.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Why not? That's my opinion. I also think Big Bang Theory is a terrible show but tons of people like it and it gets great ratings but that doesn't mean that to me, it's not a terrible show.

I think Big Bang Theory had it's moments...but it's like a joke told one too many times - it gets tired really fast (much like my unoriginal comments about Benning :laugh::naughty:)

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I've been watching and listening to way too much news lately. It's become addicting in a terrible, masochistic sort of way. I'm glad I'm going to Uclulet this weekend to escape from everything for a few days.

I know exactly how you feel. I followed the US election very closely since August I'm spent. And after the result on Tuesday I get a very uneasy feeling in my stomach whenever I think about it.

Spending the long weekend on the island as well with family.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I think Big Bang Theory had it's moments...but it's like a joke told one too many times - it gets tired really fast (much like my unoriginal comments about Benning :laugh::naughty:)

I can agree with that. It's vogue to hate on it, but I did enjoy it for a couple of seasons. It just became very cyclical/repetitive quite quickly.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I know exactly how you feel. I followed the US election very closely since August I'm spent. And after the result on Tuesday I get a very uneasy feeling in my stomach whenever I think about it.

Spending the long weekend on the island as well with family.

Yeah you were fighting the good fight on the politics board while I've just been lurking... Time to take a much needed break from all the madness. Enjoy your long weekend!

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yeah, Big Bang Theory was pretty funny, quality light entertainment for its first few years but (like all US TV series) overstayed its welcome and is now just repetitive and banal.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
As a general rule, I'd say any comedy that needs to use a laugh track isn't very funny.

Meh, there are different kinds of funny. Most of my favourite stuff doesn't have a laugh track (Peep Show is my favourite comedy series of the last decade for the record) but there are definitely shows that make for decent light viewing that can still have them. Big Bang Theory was never going to be brilliant or groundbreaking but the first few years were likeable and funny and (ironically) the sort of thing you didn't have to switch your brain on to enjoy at the end of a long day.

And every show until 15 years ago had a laugh track. I'm pretty sure Seinfeld is funny, tho.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
true, personally i feel like kellerman is the best sports based media member around, he's incredibly objective and integrates analytics perfectly into his arguments. i've been watching a lot of first take recently and decided to give my boy some props.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Max Kellerman was a perfect replacement for Skip Bayless. Less opinionated pieces and more actual facts and reasons why x is better than y

Beansy*

Sep 10, 2016
Browns vs. Baltimore. Riveting.

Thursday night football is always such trash.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Hey guys.

My grandma is at peace now, it was really hard to say goodbye to her. All I know is that she is with my grandpa up there doing one of their usual Saturday night dances.

Miss her always

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad