OT Non-Ski Resort Thread Part ∞+1: Oh Summer, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Problem is, my flight is chopped up into 3 segments: YVR-Montreal, Montreal-Frankfurt, Frankfurt-Prague. The longest I'll be on any flight is about 6 hours. Not too bad though, but if I take a sleeping pill I'll still probably be messed up by the time I have to wake up

I feel you man. We had to go through Barcelona-JFK to JFK-Seattle to Seattle-Victoria and it was absoltuely brutal. 8 hours + 6 hours + 1 hours (just flights!) and the wait at JFK alone was at least four hours. We could have skipped one stop for about $200 each and we will absolutely do that in the future. Going through another airport these days just isn't worth it, especially if it takes almost half a day and you still have to eat which costs a fortune in itself.

The way there was about 10.5 hour from Seattle to Germany and then another 1.5 hour to France (some time in between too, not exact) and because I can't sleep at all on flights I took a heavy sleeping pill on the way there and a few drinks on flight and still didn't sleep a wink. Luckily, for the second 1.5 hr flight I slept the entire way through so I was sort of rested when I had to rent a car in France (never Europcar ever!!!!) but it was still brutal.

The one thing I will say, no matter how messed up you think you will be 10+ hours after a sleeping pill it wont be half as bad as actually not sleeping while crossing the world. Nothing messes your body and mind up more than travelling across the world without a second of sleep. If you can, do whatever it takes to sleep on the plane and get your driviing/travelling when you arrive accommodated for you without doing any driving yourself.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I feel you man. We had to go through Barcelona-JFK to JFK-Seattle to Seattle-Victoria and it was absoltuely brutal. 8 hours + 6 hours + 1 hours (just flights!) and the wait at JFK alone was at least four hours. We could have skipped one stop for about $200 each and we will absolutely do that in the future. Going through another airport these days just isn't worth it, especially if it takes almost half a day and you still have to eat which costs a fortune in itself.

The way there was about 10.5 hour from Seattle to Germany and then another 1.5 hour to France (some time in between too, not exact) and because I can't sleep at all on flights I took a heavy sleeping pill on the way there and a few drinks on flight and still didn't sleep a wink. Luckily, for the second 1.5 hr flight I slept the entire way through so I was sort of rested when I had to rent a car in France (never Europcar ever!!!!) but it was still brutal.

The one thing I will say, no matter how messed up you think you will be 10+ hours after a sleeping pill it wont be half as bad as actually not sleeping while crossing the world. Nothing messes your body and mind up more than travelling across the world without a second of sleep. If you can, do whatever it takes to sleep on the plane and get your driviing/travelling when you arrive accommodated for you without doing any driving yourself.

Yeah I have a cab sorted out in Prague. I would absolutely love to sleep on the flight, especially since I've done flights from Vancouver to Germany before without sleep and it really is brutal. Maybe it's best I stay up late tonight.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Thanks!

And definitely a Lesnar mark. Felt conflicted during his match with Taker though.

Man... why are they wasting the baddest man on the planet on a 50 something year old has been?

I know we all love Undertaker but their matches are terrible with Lesnar carrying UT. Lesnar is what made me a HUGE fan again. The last two Cena V. Lesnar and Lesnar V. Reigns may be among my favorite matches of all time. This series of matches with UT is a waste of prime Lesnar years. I can't take an old frail man seriously as a threat to the scariest baddest MF'er I've ever seen in pro wrestling.

I stopped watching after the last Wrestlemania. Tuned into Summerslam and was just like... well, I didn't miss anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad