OT: OT: Leafs Forum OT Thread July 2018

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Need some pins to shore it all up (and hold the helmet down) but pretty much ready for tomorrow. Dog not happy with this at all.

20181030_183932.jpg
20181030_183852.jpg

Mcquaid9519

Jan 5, 2018
Heading to the game next Friday vs New Jersey, coming from PEI...anything we should experience pre/post game? What restaurants/bars would be best near the rink?

First time attending a Leafs game so looking to make the experience great.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
If HFboards was smart, they'd add subforums like OffTopic to the Leafs subforum.
The content would not show up in "What's new" so the main boards wouldn't be pissed off with trivial content. (This is a setting in Xenforo).

Yet, Pageviews would go through the roof. Google Ad money :)

The content could also be blocked from Google so google doesnt see non-hockey info.

For revenue increase, you could charge to be in the offtopic subforum. It could be like Rennlist ... where all the action happens in offtopic and that's why so many people pay the yearly dues. On Rennlist, the offtopic forums are not indexed by Google as the content is hidden.

It also develops a sense of community of paying members over time. People also ask more personal questions in /offtopic and the help they get is surprisingly helpful. Mind you, the Rennlist community is a little more homogenous than hfboards.

Over time a Blue Jays subforum might actually take off and bring new members. Raptors as well.

Actually a subforum called: Toronto Sports with lots of Raptors, Jays, TFC, etc content with content prefixes would work great.

Remember, the content wouldn't flood the mainboard's what's new or searches as the content would just reside in the subforum.

Last edited:

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
Still about a 2 hour drive to get to Detroit, you're still firmly in Leaf-land. I'm across the river from Detroit in Windsor, and its still about a 50/50 here for Leafs/Wings, thankfully.
thats dope, i spent my first year undergrad at the U there!

Reactions: Nizdizzle

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Deserves it's own thread.
Lame it was move here.

Congrats on the hard work and great pumpkin.

Thanks! And yeah, one of the reasons I have a 2017 join date is after 20 years of avoiding forums like this entirely because I want nothing to do with power-tripping moderators and snowflake posters, I finally gave in (soaked every last bit I could out of Usenet first). Let's just say, the mods here have lived up to all of my expectations. Sometimes I wonder if a discussion forum is interested in discussion. Meh, nothing to get worked up over though.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
There a PS4/Xbox bundle for $199, I heard its a really good value, of course, if you're into video games.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Are you taking about that PS4 Spiderman bundle? Between that and the low Black Friday prices on certain games, I had myself a haul.
That's the one. The Xbox One bundle had the minecraft game I think, so PS4 was good deal for me.

That's really, really cheap. I
dont think you can get a used xbox one console alone for that price.

Yup, which is why I think it's sold out in most Best Buy, Eb Games, Walmart stores, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad