OT: OT: Leafs Forum OT Thread July 2018

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
Not really a Black Friday deal, but you could get some bitcoin for (compared to last year December) cheap :help:

Here in Holland some shops raise their price first and then give you a discount. I needed a new washing machine. The one that catched my eye was like 540 euros. On Black Friday it was even 670 euros :huh:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
FYI, there is a deal (that goes to the 26th) where you trade in your old PS4 and get the 1tb ps4 bundle with spiderman for $80. If you are interested in the game (its pretty awesome) or end up selling it on Kijiji it is a great offer to give your ps4 an upgrade and exchange a worn out controller for a new one.
That is a great deal....my only concern with the trade in is whether or not I would lose all the data that is on my current PS4 or not?

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
That is a great deal....my only concern with the trade in is whether or not I would lose all the data that is on my current PS4 or not?

If you have an external harddrive you can format it for ps4 and then transfer it onto the drive? I have also read of a few people being allowed to transfer data and then bring in their PS4, but that might have just been because they knew the EB games employees or something.

I would have hopped on this, but I biught the spiderman game like 2 days before they announced it haha.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Peggy's Cove

upload_2018-12-12_12-58-0.jpeg

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
definition of being conflicted: finding out your 21yo step sister got asked out by Auston Matthews....on one hand you're supposed to be protective, on the other....brother in law?

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I honestly don't know what to tell her
I've been in this spot but in a different way, not sports related, and tbh I didn't say anything but left it to her to decide. It's completely up to her and if she wants to go for it or not. Just told her, I'll support her, whatever the decision is, and forget who the person is to the outside world and to everyone else, just find out if its someone you like and vice versa and you know date like he's any other guy. Go do that first before anything else and if it goes on, then you'll find out along the steps what to do.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Have you asked what she thinks about it?
No, I just found out from my step mom so I'm sure I'll hear about it over Christmas directly
I've been in this spot but in a different way, not sports related, and tbh I didn't say anything but left it to her to decide. It's completely up to her and if she wants to go for it or not. Just told her, I'll support her, whatever the decision is, and forget who the person is to the outside world and to everyone else, just find out if its someone you like and vice versa and you know date like he's any other guy. Go do that first before anything else and if it goes on, then you'll find out along the steps what to do.
Ya for sure, I'm mostly kidding about getting involved at all. It's a little weird because she's my little sister but it's not like she won't date regardless of whether it's the future captain of the leafs or someone else

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
No, I just found out from my step mom so I'm sure I'll hear about it over Christmas directly

Ya for sure, I'm mostly kidding about getting involved at all. It's a little weird because she's my little sister but it's not like she won't date regardless of whether it's the future captain of the leafs or someone else
I get it though bro it's funny for sure though but yea they be little no more...
giphy.gif

although there are moments like...you just told me to treat you like an adult....o_O...im confused.

Reactions: Randy Randerson

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I think I might want to expand my board game collection.

I currently have Dominion (with a butload of expansions), Catan, Carcassonne, and Codenames....

I think Ticket to Ride and possibly Pandemic and Dread Pirate are on my bucket list.

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations! TIA!

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
HFBoards is taking a page from Mundane Matt: turn off that pesky ad-block!

Anyone else like to pick their phone number or anything similar based on the Leafs?

My old number ended in 17 and I picked it for Wendel Clark and the team founding in 1917.

My new number has 34 for Matthews and 88 for Lindros (fav non-Leafs player growing up until he was one). The guy at the store was about to click next to provide another set of available numbers, but I caught him just in time.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

The hockey world is reverberating with sadness after learning that Jason Botchford, who worked for The Province from 2005 until 2018, has died. He was 48.

Botchford died at home on the weekend; the news was confirmed by his family on Wednesday morning.

Originally from Ontario, Botchford joined The Province as a news reporter in 2005 but quickly moved into sports and covered the Vancouver Canucks until leaving for The Athletic website last summer. He also worked in radio for TSN 1040 and made regular appearances on TSN’s That’s Hockey.

His death was first reported Wednesday morning and reaction was swift, with tributes pouring forth from not just Vancouver but across the Canadian hockey spectrum.

“Jason Botchford’s family is sad to announce that Jason has died of apparent heart failure. Jason was a highly respected hockey journalist, prominent in the Vancouver area and across Canada for his coverage of the Vancouver Canucks and the National Hockey League for The Athletic Vancouver and for TSN radio and television,” his family said in a statement.

Ben Kuzma, who covered the Canucks for a decade with Botchford at The Province, was quick to praise Botchford for his outspoken instincts.

“In 10 years on the Canucks beat with Jason, I can tell you this much: He hit the career grand slam. Like him, or dislike him, you always read him,” he tweeted.

Last edited:

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC

That's really sad, especially leaving behind a young family and all. I didn't always agree with him but he at least had a personality. When I first moved over to Vancouver, I started reading his articles in The Province while at work. Then hearing him do short segments on TSN 1040. I ripped on him a few times here on HF, but I was actually relieved he was taking over for Bro Jake on the horrible morning show. He had no issues calling out David Pratt for his stupidity. Unfortunately TSN decided to can the entire morning crew just a couple months ago and he was back to doing guest segments.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
definition of being conflicted: finding out your 21yo step sister got asked out by Auston Matthews....on one hand you're supposed to be protective, on the other....brother in law?

Dude... long way between a date and marriage.

And being protective doesn’t change with the size of the suitor’s bank account.

None of us take our money with us when we leave the earth. Our lives are defined by how we treat each other.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
That's really sad, especially leaving behind a young family and all. I didn't always agree with him but he at least had a personality. When I first moved over to Vancouver, I started reading his articles in The Province while at work. Then hearing him do short segments on TSN 1040. I ripped on him a few times here on HF, but I was actually relieved he was taking over for Bro Jake on the horrible morning show. He had no issues calling out David Pratt for his stupidity. Unfortunately TSN decided to can the entire morning crew just a couple months ago and he was back to doing guest segments.

We all have opinions and sometimes they are different.

When someone passes, it is sad. The ones that are left are challenged to live their lives with priorities in check. And the priorities are the ones around us.

So sorry to read that.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Dude... long way between a date and marriage.

And being protective doesn’t change with the size of the suitor’s bank account.

None of us take our money with us when we leave the earth. Our lives are defined by how we treat each other.
That was sort of a tongue in cheek post, and the conflict I felt about it was all to do with the potential suitor being the marquis player of my favourite sports franchise and nothing to do with his net worth

member 262271

Was just in Toronto for a work conference, it was a lot of fun. Not enough time to do anything much but I managed to find some good eating spots, look forward to coming back in September for the B52s and King Crimson.

Reactions: Randy Randerson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad