OT - Genie Bouchard

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Bouchard is lucky Sharapova went out, though maybe Eugenie takes care of her this time. Eugenie looks amazing at Wimbledon. I watched all her matches at the French Open and could see her potential to win it all but wasn't expecting her to get even better by her next tournament!

I think she's somewhat likely to win it :D

Raonic? Hoping for the best but I believe Federer is up next? So not a cake walk. Can't wait for that match tomorrow.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I've actually been watching quite a bit of tennis recently because of how well her and Raonic are doing... its definitely easier for her though, not really any top players in womens tennis right now other than maybe Sharapova

Way to s**t on her accomplishment.

CalgaryLeaf*

Yeah nice to see...Having 2 Canadians competing for titles year in and year out will be a treat...I used to love watching tennis during the Jimmy Connors,John Mcenroe,Chris Everett era...I just needed a reason to come back to the sport.

Next we need a top 10 Canadian golfer to watch!

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
So hot, mayn.

Anyway, we are indeed in a golden age for Canadian tennis. Good luck to Milos tomorrow and good luck to Genie in the finals.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
It shows she gains 1400 points for the finals but then it shows 2000 for winning. Does that mean she gets another 2000 or 600 more from the 1400 for the finals? 2000 would place her 4th and 600 moves her past Sharapova into 6th

5160 is under next points and max points so yeah, if she wins she gets the 700* points and moves into the 6th spot over Sharapova (at least that's what I got from it).

Raonic also landed himself in the 6th spot and has a chance to pass Berdych at 5 if he wins the tourney (which would be an amazing accomplishment).

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Said it last year when her name became more public - the parity in the woman's game right now means that if there is a Canadian who is going to win a major, it'll be Genie first and not Milos, who I still doubt will ever win a major.

As someone who has visited Wimbledon a number of times, I'm thrilled that she's experiencing magic on center court. Saturday should be fun. Still think Genie is a HEAVY underdog heading into that (despite the nuts at ESPN telling you differently).

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
It shows she gains 1400 points for the finals but then it shows 2000 for winning. Does that mean she gets another 2000 or 600 more from the 1400 for the finals? 2000 would place her 4th and 600 moves her past Sharapova into 6th

2000 for the win.
1300 if she loses.

keep in mind you have to take off her points she earned from Wimbledon last year.

edit: 1300 if she loses

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Said it last year when her name became more public - the parity in the woman's game right now means that if there is a Canadian who is going to win a major, it'll be Genie first and not Milos, who I still doubt will ever win a major.

As someone who has visited Wimbledon a number of times, I'm thrilled that she's experiencing magic on center court. Saturday should be fun. Still think Genie is a HEAVY underdog heading into that (despite the nuts at ESPN telling you differently).

She isnt a "Heavy" underdog.

The betting line was just posted and Kvitova is slightly favored.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
5160 is under next points and max points so yeah, if she wins she gets the 700* points and moves into the 6th spot over Sharapova (at least that's what I got from it).

Raonic also landed himself in the 6th spot and has a chance to pass Berdych at 5 if he wins the tourney (which would be an amazing accomplishment).

2000 for the win.
1300 if she loses.

keep in mind you have to take off her points she earned from Wimbledon last year.

edit: 1300 if she loses

Cool, thanks. My first tennis finals. I'm excited

TheThrill81*

I've actually been watching quite a bit of tennis recently because of how well her and Raonic are doing... its definitely easier for her though, not really any top players in womens tennis right now other than maybe Sharapova

Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, and Serena Williams to name a few.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
She's from MTL and they talk about her all the time. No relation to the Leafs.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Highlights Day 10: Bouchard eases past Halep - Wimbledon 2014

2 years ago Genie won the Junior Wimbledon !
Now she is in the final of the actual Wimbledon !
Wow !!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad