OT - Genie Bouchard

goleafsgo88

Oct 6, 2010
For all canadian sports fans: wow. This woman is incredible. Tons of swagger and the game to back it up. Finals on saturday morning at 9 am on TSN! #GenieArmy

To tie-it into the Leafs (thanks Mess):
TSN says this was the most-watched Australian Open in the history of Canadian television. Some 1.6 million Canadians saw Ms. Bouchard beat Ana Ivanovic in the quarter-finals, becoming the first Canadian singles player since Carling Bassett at the 1984 U.S Open to make a Grand Slam semi-final. Some 4.4 million tuned in to see her lose to No. 4-ranked Li Na in that match. By comparison, 5.1 million viewers watched Game 7 of last year’s Eastern Conference quarter-final between the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Boston Bruins.

Looks like there's a big chance Saturday's final will smash cable records!

Last edited:

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
So proud to be Canadian!! way to go Genie!! what an accomplishment, she could be #1 ranked soon.

She's a super-star in the making. Raonic's turn!

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Awesome stuff. Bouchard is also only 20 (a mere one year older than me :laugh:), so she hasn't even hit her prime yet a d still has room to grow, even with how early tennis players tend to peak.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Is her favourite NHL team the Toronto Maple Leafs as that would allow the thread to remain open and not get moved to the Tennis board?. ;)

Nevermind I found a nice tie-in

TSN says this was the most-watched Australian Open in the history of Canadian television. Some 1.6 million Canadians saw Ms. Bouchard beat Ana Ivanovic in the quarter-finals, becoming the first Canadian singles player since Carling Bassett at the 1984 U.S Open to make a Grand Slam semi-final. Some 4.4 million tuned in to see her lose to No. 4-ranked Li Na in that match. By comparison, 5.1 million viewers watched Game 7 of last year’s Eastern Conference quarter-final between the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Boston Bruins.

Last edited:

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
I've actually been watching quite a bit of tennis recently because of how well her and Raonic are doing... its definitely easier for her though, not really any top players in womens tennis right now other than maybe Sharapova

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
20 freaking years old! wow like I said super-star in the making, already she's made an Australian Open semi-final appearance and now a Wimbledon final appearance. Big future for her.

Dingers

Dec 18, 2011
20 freaking years old! wow like I said super-star in the making, already she's made an Australian Open semi-final appearance and now a Wimbledon final appearance. Big future for her.

Also, French Open semis lost to Sharapova

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad