OT - Genie Bouchard

mikebel111*

Yup we were arguing about this a year ago. All kinda predictable. You can't be as arrogant, superior, and then fire your coach without a predictable down turn ensuing.

She's a rich head case whose career has hit the rocks maybe for good. Not a fan never liked her act so I'm not giving a darn about it. Go Milos.

Delete

mikebel111*

Yup we were arguing about this a year ago. All kinda predictable. You can't be as arrogant, superior, and then fire your coach without a predictable down turn ensuing.

She's a rich head case whose career has hit the rocks maybe for good. Not a fan never liked her act so I'm not giving a darn about it. Go Milos.

Okay a little harsh but alright

About Milos, I am kind of losing faith in him. Yeah he has an elite serve, however you arent winning anything in tennis with just a serve. His return game is still very average. The great players in the world have great returns. Novak, Murray, Roger, Nadal to name a few. I seriously doubt Milos he wins anything.
I think Pospisil and Genie have a better chance

Beaumaris

May 21, 2015
Yeah I dont even know what to say about that

Also people saying its because of the Bieber comment are completely lost or not sure what they are talking

There are many reasons for why Genie has gone downhill, but the Bieber comment has nothing to do with it. How can someone question her maturity with that?
Her only mental/maturity issue IMO is that she doesnt take adversity really well

Probably coincidental,but she has went downhill since she made the Bieber comment.
Looks like she was just a flash in the pan.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Probably coincidental,but she has went downhill since she made the Bieber comment.
Looks like she was just a flash in the pan.

she made the Bieber comment in January.

then won a tournament, French open Semi's, Wimbledon Finals, and I think US Open Round 4, and made it to another final (losing to the Wimbledon Final that year.

so. either that comment was a slow, slow burn, or that is just a silly assumption to make.

Beaumaris

May 21, 2015
she made the Bieber comment in January.

then won a tournament, French open Semi's, Wimbledon Finals, and I think US Open Round 4, and made it to another final (losing to the Wimbledon Final that year.

so. either that comment was a slow, slow burn, or that is just a silly assumption to make.

I'll go with the slow,slow burn.:naughty:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Fair enough!

I haven't had nearly enough caffeine this morning - probably a by on edge lol.

:laugh: if it makes you feel better, I thought they were being 100 percent serious too, and I was about to raise a serious eyebrow. :laugh:

weems

Jul 3, 2008
She's been a mental midget ever since the beatdown from Kvitova at Wimbledon.

She's someone who won matches by being extremely solid and consistent. She was nails in 3 set matchs and was unusually strong upstairs for a WTA player.

Now she can harldy string together 2 consistent sets in a row.

She has been bagelled in sets by players who she should beat.

This happens alot more then you'd expect with female tennis players. They reach the top of the game at a young age and take a nice 2-3 year decline. Happened to Ivanovic after winning the FO and more recently Wozniacki had a rough 2 years after reaching #1 in the world.

Bouchard has some obvious skillset issues (her forehand being by far the biggest) but this year long slump is almost entirely mentally related. She's the type of player that needs to be feeling 100% and rock solid upstairs or shes going to have trouble winning matchs because her natural skillset isnt elite for that level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad