OT: Alphonso Davies (and other European football talk)

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
When you lose by 5 to Spurs but Liverpool loses by 5 to Villa.

7FEE9C65-0CBB-4CED-B720-DFE050F446EB.gif

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I shut the TV off just before Martial got red carded. I felt almost as disgusted as I did during the Oilers’ play in round.

You could’ve just looped the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme over top of the game and it would’ve been more fitting. It was a f***in embarrassment.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
My Fantasy PL squad is doing amazing. I'm in the top 10% this year so far. Played Free Hit this round and am at 83 points with 2 guys to play still. Leading my friends FPL league and 7th in the FC Barcelona league despite missing out on GW1.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
West Ham and Southampton getting results was nice. Especially that Lanzini goal holy f***. Puskas candidate

Losing VVD for the rest of the year wasn't so great though :cry:

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
West Ham and Southampton getting results was nice. Especially that Lanzini goal holy f***. Puskas candidate

Losing VVD for the rest of the year wasn't so great though :cry:
I got my hopes up in 2016. Now, I am going to simply enjoy the ride. Last year the Hammers faced relegation; and I was ready for that ride. Ha. It is all gravy now. Though this does nothing to help get rid of the WHU board, which is unfortunate.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Today's "free" game was United/Chelsea. I only saw from the 54th. Not much to see. I'm surprised that United is in the lower half of the table.

Tomorrow's free game is Wolves/Newcastle @10:30 MDT on NBC.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Today's "free" game was United/Chelsea. I only saw from the 54th. Not much to see. I'm surprised that United is in the lower half of the table.

Tomorrow's free game is Wolves/Newcastle @10:30 MDT on NBC.

How did Pogba and Fernandes play?

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Despite not even registering a team for GW1 this FPL season is going exceedingly well so far. Top 5% in the world at the moment. Really pays off once you start going with your gut and decide not to over-analyze things. Very fun. Usually I start off really hot and then make a series of mistakes which sends my team reeling and me subsequently losing interest in it and giving up, but this year might be the year...!

My front three of Bamford, Calvert-Lewin and Kane has been incredible so far. Added Zaha before last GW as well which has been a nice acquisition. Played my WC this GW after losing KDB and VVD to injury. Quite like my team.

Anyone else playing?

Last edited:

Bangers

May 31, 2006
How did Pogba and Fernandes play?

Pogba started the game on the bench - which I agree with. He’s a better player than Fred, but he slows the attack down too much and dawdles on the ball. Honestly, I think he’d be better in Italy or Spain, where he’d have more time on the ball.

Bruno played well but the team lacks finish with Martial out and Cavani not yet up to speed.

I have no idea why Solskjaer doesn’t go with a midfield diamond. James and Mata aren’t really providing any width, so they might as well hog possession with a 4 man midfield and two strikers up front.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Despite not even registering a team for GW1 this FPL season is going exceedingly well so far. Top 5% in the world at the moment. Really pays off once you start going with your gut and decide not to over-analyze things. Very fun. Usually I start off really hot and then make a series of mistakes which sends my team reeling and me subsequently losing interest in it and giving up, but this year might be the year...!

My front three of Bamford, Calvert-Lewin and Kane has been incredible so far. Added Zaha before last GW as well which has been a nice acquisition. Played my WC this GW after losing KDB and VVD to injury. Quite like my team.

Anyone else playing?

I am. Got screwed by Mourinho declaring Son would be out for awhile and went from top 50k in the world to roughly 2 millionth. :ha:

Reactions: Zaddy

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I think I cursed myself. Digne -2 after a red card and DCL only 1 point with a yellow card as well. Oh well, planned to swap Digne pretty soon anyway.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
I got my hopes up in 2016. Now, I am going to simply enjoy the ride. Last year the Hammers faced relegation; and I was ready for that ride. Ha. It is all gravy now. Though this does nothing to help get rid of the WHU board, which is unfortunate.

WHU have been doing very well considering their schedule as of late. 8/12 against wolves, Leicester, Spurs and City? Not bad at all.

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Man, Real Madrid did everything to throw away that game against Borussia Mönchengladbach. Had to rely on some 93rd minute magic.

Looking forward to watching United v Leipzig tomorrow.

Also rough injury for Davies. Hopefully he comes back better than ever.

Reactions: EchoesoftheEighties

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad