OT: Alphonso Davies (and other European football talk)

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
We have a problem. He has been figured out and his team is not making adjustments.

Did you guys watch Saturday's game? Mainz figured him out!!..

He plays very wide and very alone. When he gets the ball he flicks it forward and uses his speed to get around defenders. Bayern has been isolating him more and more to free up space around him. And he has been sliding further and further towards the touch line.

All Mainz did was send tow men at him and a 3rd that was 5-10 yards back. All Davies could do was flick the ball forward and run past the first two. The 3rd defender just waited for the ball to come to him. And now it was 3 on 1..And Mainz attacked that way. It happened all game long.

Bayern had better adjust and Davies needs to develop sharper passing skills...long term he will be finished. Leroy Sane and he in the same area is wrong. Sane does not support him. I sense personal issues there. But long term, Davies will be in trouble.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Yay! World Cup. That's MY sport, but I won't let myself watch soccer until I'm WELL past playing age... everytime I do, I end up joining a team again and getting concussed. I only allow myself to watch the international tournaments, so I have some catching up to do!

GO CANADA!

PS: I imagine the national team jersey is fully stocked in every Sportchek, but man, was it ever difficult to track down here. Sold out everywhere online including Soccer Canada's own store and Fanatics.com and Fanatics.ca, plus all the major soccer stores I found online. Anyway, I finally got one!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad