Player Discussion Oskar Steen (4/10/22 re-signed 2 years, $800k/yr)

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Oskar has a very mischievous face. He has a bit of "Marchy" in him. I see this as a very good thing.

Good stuff. Imagine having a March/Steen/Garlund...Pesky pain in the ass...imagine playing 3 dirty rats! who play bigger than most big forwards in the league.

Looking forward to seeing him with Bergeron/March. Hoping Cassidy gives him decent ice time.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Good stuff. Imagine having a March/Steen/Garlund...Pesky pain in the ass to play dirty 3 rats!

Looking forward to seeing him with Bergeron/March. Hoping Cassidy gives him decent ice time.
having access to many Canuck games, while I certainly don`t watch from start to finish, I do pop in a game from time to time, shocked how physically willing Garland is

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Good stuff. Imagine having a March/Steen/Garlund...Pesky pain in the ass...imagine playing 3 dirty rats! who play bigger than most big forwards in the league.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Lazar likely a goner now with that one way deal
As he should be. Gotta keep the 4th line fresh and cheap. Lazar has been great, but any raise that he'll want will be an overpay, especially if he wants a 3-4 year deal that will push him into his 30s. We're seeing with Wagner in the AHL why you don't overpay for 4th liners.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
As he should be. Gotta keep the 4th line fresh and cheap. Lazar has been great, but any raise that he'll want will be an overpay, especially if he wants a 3-4 year deal that will push him into his 30s. We're seeing with Wagner in the AHL why you don't overpay for 4th liners.

Yep 4th line is a line you should use with cheap/short contracts and hungry players.

Upgrade it at the TDL if need be. It’s cheap anyways. Plenty of depth guys get moved for late round picks. Can’t overpay your bottom 6.

Reactions: Shane Jazz

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Hope not he's our only shot blocker and also hits!
I agree! I think Lazar was our best 4th liner all season.
I'd rather keep him and get rid of Nosek or Foligno.
Wonder if Foligno might just retire to be with his young family. He'll be 35 in October, he doesn't have much left in the tank! Hand him over a Front Office position where he doesn't have to travel and can continue being around the boys!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad