Player Discussion Oskar Steen (4/10/22 re-signed 2 years, $800k/yr)

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
only took Cassidy countless injuries and 100 starts from Khulman instead of steen to notice him.
Funny, but I don't seem to recall anyone else on this board clamoring for him to make this lineup prior to this season.....

I mean he was decent in Providence, but hardly a world beater. I think his development is right on schedule...

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He had a really rough game yesterday. Hopefully he gets back on track for the next one.
he did, going to happen, at least that rough game doesn`t come from looking disinterested or playing without focus, simply didn`t match up well with the Caps last night

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
EinSteen has to bring it every game, every shift, not just once in a while..or I’d say he’ll be sent back down.

There is a lot of competition for his spot and a trade to bring in another forward is on the horizon.

Heads up mini 63

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
EinSteen has to bring it every game, every shift, not just once in a while..or I’d say he’ll be sent back down.

There is a lot of competition for his spot and a trade to bring in another forward is on the horizon.

Heads up mini 63

There’s a lot of competition for his spot?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Heads up mini 63

Im not seeing the competition for his 3rd line spot. There’s also no trade on the horizon at this point.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Steen is my 3rd line RW moving forward this season until an injury occurs, however, I would not mind him sitting in the skybox for a night here or there to pick up pointers. I feel he’s tailed off just a bit but it’s costing him.

Love the kid but wondering if that would help.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Steen is my 3rd line RW moving forward this season until an injury occurs, however, I would not mind him sitting in the skybox for a night here or there to pick up pointers. I feel he’s tailed off just a bit but it’s costing him.

I think he did a fine job tonight

Debrusk and Steen had numerous chances. Just snake bitten a bit

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Idk if he’s tailed off, he’s still playing hard, hard on puck, finding opportunities to score. He does the little things well enough to earn his spot while he finds his NHL scoring touch.

3B2C127E-74B1-4669-BAAC-AC978AA61F41.gif

These chances will start going in soon when things don’t feel like they’re closing in on him so quickly.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Idk if he’s tailed off, he’s still playing hard, hard on puck, finding opportunities to score. He does the little things well enough to earn his spot while he finds his NHL scoring touch.

View attachment 498363

These chances will start going in soon when things don’t feel like they’re closing in on him so quickly.
I just felt like he had a Bergy-Marchand like presence disrupting plays on the walls and the past few games he seems to be in the right position to make the play just a bit less often. I do think this will be a strength of his an also I think in the games when he was able to make those plays, it impacted Coyle in a very positive way. The two of them really seemed to play that possession game. In addition I feel his breakouts have been a little weaker, at times seemingly skating away from the position I expected him in for the outlet pass.

It is definitely not the scoring I am concerned with, he has built some capital with me there already, however, I would be lying if I told you I didn't notice the PJ Axelson special at least once last night. Coming down the right wing, with plenty of room available he hit the goalie right in the chest. I had some great laughs in college watching the B's with my best friend, I loved PJ but he made me see he was never moving to the second line EVER. Now I would like to reiterate, Steen is not PJ and does have a top 6 future in my eyes. The PJ special was not a recurring theme, it just made me chuckle.

I can't think of a player off the top of my head that specifically has benefited from the odd day on the 9th floor, and I think they are more often D. It seems to me that it would be more beneficial to cerebral players, and that is what I consider Steen, smart, tenacious and hard to play against through solid positioning and lower body strength.

Reactions: The National

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

View attachment 498363

He hasn't tailed off. As you said he's playing hard, hard on the puck and creating opportunities.

Last night the Bruins took their foot off the gas and lived in the box so his numbers were down. As he gets more experience, he will be out there in pressure situations.

He's a regular IMO and Cassidy seems emphatic that Steen stays in the line up.

IMO, he needs to be here and continue to work with Kelly who can help him learn the PK as well as how to continue to build his complete game especially if his goal is top line.

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
Steen and the 3rd line need a big game tonight

they have been a little quiet recently

Steen has been excellent. He's creating more chances per minute than almost anyone in the lineup, while also hitting, grinding and playing well defensively. It's just that he plays 9-12 minutes so you can't expect him to score at PPG. I'd say he's been the most important bottom-6 player they have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad