Player Discussion Oskar Steen (4/10/22 re-signed 2 years, $800k/yr)

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Studs was solid yesterday

I would keep him in

With Freddy out...Steen gets a look?
EEC7D003-2351-4B15-9A22-84DB7E47B824.jpeg

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He’s not a winger he’s a center, I’d rather him play center in Prov to continue his development at his position.

at this point ... does that matter?

Bruins have centers locked up for the next 2 seasons. Can't keep Studnicka down at Providence because he can't play his natural spot up the NHL level

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Could the Bruins have less of a return right now from Foligno, Haula and Nosek? 22 games between them (guess which one is injured) and they have all of one goal. One. In third line minutes Haula has one assist. One.

throw in the jag Lazar and there is zero reason Steen should not be a regular on this team

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Keep him in Providence away from Cassidy

Hmmm, interesting! You're someone who seems to be pretty connected/knowledgeable on all things Bruins, especially the prospects. Been plenty of talk here around Cassidy's handling of young forwards in particular. Care to expand on that comment a bit? Would be interested in your opinion on this.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Hmmm, interesting! You're someone who seems to be pretty connected/knowledgeable on all things Bruins, especially the prospects. Been plenty of talk here around Cassidy's handling of young forwards in particular. Care to expand on that comment a bit? Would be interested in your opinion on this.
Cassidy is a good coach but isn't the right one for younger players trying to break into a Veteran team that is supposed to contend every year

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
Could the Bruins have less of a return right now from Foligno, Haula and Nosek? 22 games between them (guess which one is injured) and they have all of one goal. One. In third line minutes Haula has one assist. One.

throw in the jag Lazar and there is zero reason Steen should not be a regular on this team

I’m starting to think the scoring depth problem with the Bruins is more to do with coaching than who’s on the ice. The 3 players you list have proven that they can score in the league, especially Haula and Foligno.

Other teams have lines with worse players with 3/4 times the offensive output the Bruins have. And it has been a thing for many years know. The common denominator is coaching. So that leads me to think its on Butch&Co

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Who’s the know it all on HF that was ecstatic they signed these 3? Pathetic

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Cassidy is a good coach but isn't the right one for younger players trying to break into a Veteran team that is supposed to contend every year

Cassidy deserves some blame on the way he handles the kids when they are up, but the Great Don Sweeney :sarcasm: tied his hands a little this year with the signing of Haula, Foligno and Nosek to NHL contracts in the off-season. In an attempt to make the 3rd and 4th lines deeper. He had nearly 20 million to spend, so he added these guys and of course Linus and Forbort, which ate up nearly 16 million of it.

Im not defending Cassidy because I don't care for his short leash he has on the kids, but I also believe he has said in the past that he doesn't make the decisions on who gets the call up from providence, which in itself is questionable.

So with Frederic out on Thursday, Its just Jake as the lone forward who has been drafted in Sweeney's tenure who'll be in the line-up.

Myself I like those players, and feel they will prove their worth in the playoffs, but that's if the Bruins get in. But I agree Steen needs to be given a shot or Lauko, and they need a real shot, not one where their benched or sent back down because they didn't play a perfect game. Asset management has not been one of Sweeneys best assets to say the least.

Reactions: missingchicklet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad