Oshawa Generals 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Trying to respect the Gens board here, one last reply on the 67s for this year...I just don't think there 2002 group is strong enough and I agree they have made a ton of picks over the past few years but the quality has yet to show given limited ice time and a pandemic. And also add in they haven't had any high picks either which doesn't help. Long story short, I think they are a middle to low team depending on how these picks end up this year and as was mentioned if Cranley is a top goalie this year he may not come back next year...why not get a huge payout for him. Anyways, it'll all playout. Just happy to be able to have these discussions. Good luck to the Gens and all teams! Enjoy the season! :)

Its just about the fact that Ottawa can be very good next season and don’t have any other ready goalie than Cranley.. there’s very good odds Cranley is back for an OA season; he has 32 career OHL games played

OshawaFan2019

Feb 25, 2020
Trying to respect the Gens board here, one last reply on the 67s for this year...I just don't think there 2002 group is strong enough and I agree they have made a ton of picks over the past few years but the quality has yet to show given limited ice time and a pandemic. And also add in they haven't had any high picks either which doesn't help. Long story short, I think they are a middle to low team depending on how these picks end up this year and as was mentioned if Cranley is a top goalie this year he may not come back next year...why not get a huge payout for him. Anyways, it'll all playout. Just happy to be able to have these discussions. Good luck to the Gens and all teams! Enjoy the season! :)

Cranley played in front of a very good team and was also given easier games to play in. As well he’s a St. Louis pick & not San Jose

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
Cranley played in front of a very good team and was also given easier games to play in. As well he’s a St. Louis pick & not San Jose
Agreed. He was still a high OHL pick and is expected to shine this year. But we'll see how he does. If he doesn't play well then it won't matter anyways as the interest from other teams won't be there.

I'm not sure why you are quoting me about the SJ/StL as I didn't mention the team he got drafted by.

OshawaFan2019

Feb 25, 2020
Agreed. He was still a high OHL pick and is expected to shine this year. But we'll see how he does. If he doesn't play well then it won't matter anyways as the interest from other teams won't be there.

I'm not sure why you are quoting me about the SJ/StL as I didn't mention the team he got drafted by.

The St. Louis vs San Jose was from someone else in this thread, not directed at you. Sorry for confusion

Reactions: ottsabrefan

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I take it Aidan Castle is not at camp, does anyone have any info. I presume he'll be traded and I'm guessing Niagara.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Now that camp is done I'd expect some signings either tonight or tomorrow before the game in Hamilton.

I'd guess that Tallman, Smith and Torrance get signed for sure and depending what's happening with Sbrocca, if he's not an option going forward the I could see Bickle too.

Other guys might be O'Toole, Grein or Svicki

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Took in the Red-White game today and a scrimmage yesterday. Moore dominated out there...could be All Star material this year. A couple of returnees might lose their jobs if not careful. Tallman looked like a finisher and Torrance and Buckley showed energy and skills. Michaud potted a few but also missed a ton of opportunities as well... not a finisher? Jesus, as expected also dominant. Who is Svicki? Papatsakis looked like a #1! Could be a battle with Smith and a couple of others in the mix for the 6 and7 defence spots. Not much on the Gens site on training camp or signings...disappointing!

Reactions: OshawaFan2019

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Took in the Red-White game today and a scrimmage yesterday. Moore dominated out there...could be All Star material this year. A couple of returnees might lose their jobs if not careful. Tallman looked like a finisher and Torrance and Buckley showed energy and skills. Michaud potted a few but also missed a ton of opportunities as well... not a finisher? Jesus, as expected also dominant. Who is Svicki? Papatsakis looked like a #1! Could be a battle with Smith and a couple of others in the mix for the 6 and7 defence spots. Not much on the Gens site on training camp or signings...disappointing!

They havent signed them yet. It'll be tomorrow

fromtheshwa

Sep 1, 2008
Bickle caught my attention. He saw lots of pucks and found most of them with a lot of traffic in front of him. Moves well. Clearly Paputsakis is the #1 but the kid isn't going to go quietly.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Bickle caught my attention. He saw lots of pucks and found most of them with a lot of traffic in front of him. Moves well. Clearly Paputsakis is the #1 but the kid isn't going to go quietly.

He was the backup in minor midget but the starter went down going into the playoffs (5th rounder to Flint) and Bickle was fantastic the entire playoffs

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I thought Bickle was quite good but he looked tiny...145 lbs or so but he might be the one to keep as a backup as part of the long term picture (goalie in training!).

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
They have 4 signed goalies. They’ll run with Pap-Sbrocca-Leaver unless injuries hit. If they sign another one it would be after the exhibition games.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Can't see Sbrocca being kept around. Just a year younger than Paps. Leaver is prob the best bet to be our goalie after Paps is gone.

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Why are the Gens so stingy/ reluctant to put out player movements/decisions? Basically nothing has come out on their site since the beginning of training camp!

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Why are the Gens so stingy/ reluctant to put out player movements/decisions? Basically nothing has come out on their site since the beginning of training camp!
Today is literally the first day that camp is over lol. They just announced the captains. They’ll be announcing the signings today as well. Not sure the rush?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad