Oshawa Generals 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Referring to no lineups publicized throughout the camp. Thought they used to do that in years past. No scores/results on the OHL Gens site etc..

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Why are the Gens so stingy/ reluctant to put out player movements/decisions? Basically nothing has come out on their site since the beginning of training camp!
Told you to be patient haha! There is 6 signings.

My breakdown of them:

Bickle: 2004 goalie who’s good insurance as a hometown guy. Was really good for Oshawa minor midget. Has upside

Torrance: 2004 power F who played with Christy (MIS 2nd rounder) and Poole (KGN 3rd rounder) and didn’t look out of place with them. Can’t believe Gens got him in round 11. I think he can be a guy

Smith: 2004 big D who has the chance to be a josh brown type shutdown D as he progresses and gets older. His dad was an NHLer

Tallman: good sized forward who can score and crash and bang. He was one of the better players on his Young Nats minor midget team and played Junior hockey in Cornwall last year. Was 2nd in goals in camp behind Harrison

Petruniak: 2003 born 6’5 Dman from Edmonton. Didn’t get drafted into an ohl draft so signed as a free agent

Marrelli: 2005 born 5th round pick. Good two way Dman. Might need a year of Jr A before being a guy in the OHL

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
I was unable to attend any of the training camp scrimmages and see Niedenz was missing from the published rosters. Was he there and if not what is his status?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I was unable to attend any of the training camp scrimmages and see Niedenz was missing from the published rosters. Was he there and if not what is his status?
Expected to start doing stuff with the team next week I believe

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Niedenz may of had to isolate for 14 days as he traveled from Europe.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Lines tonight:

Tullio-Ritchie-Stepien
Michaud-Harrison-Tallman
McSorley-Gagnier-McKinney
Torrance-Way-Buckley

D Pairings:
Moore-Marrelli
Pitt-Jesus
Smith-Petruniak

Scratches: Paputsakis, Bickle, Niedenz, Whittaker

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Went to the game tonight. Gens were badly outplayed in the first, it was more back and forth in the 2nd and then gens took over in the 3rd and then obviously won in a shootout.

Some thoughts:
-Calum Ritchie is the real deal. You can tell how skilled he is even in little board battles. He one handed stripped White on the PP and did a backhand no look spin pass to Harrison to set up the 3rd goal. He’s going to be a stud going forward. Also a unique position with so many rookies that he’ll get top 6 right away probably. Also had a nice move in the shootout to lose Constantini but hit the post.
-Blake Smith’s skating could use some work but you can tell he’ll be a guy as he grows into his body.
-Marrelli played with Moore and was pretty confident for a 2005 born 5th rounder. Had one bad turnover but not a bad first ever game in the league, while playing top pair.
-Cooper Way played with a lot of energy all night. Not sure if he’ll score at this level but he’ll be a good 3rd liner even if he can’t.
-Polidori was okay. Assume he just got the start because now he’ll leave and go to GOJHL camp. Leaver wasn’t really tested in the 3rd (stopped 5/5) but then went 4/5 in the shootout for the win.

Reactions: Whatanathol

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Lost tonight against Hamilton 5-3,
Talked to Jason (business manager) asked him has the government set the attendance for the season, and they haven't, he said if it's a 1000 and we have 2200 season ticket holders :popcorn:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Lost tonight against Hamilton 5-3,
Talked to Jason (business manager) asked him has the government set the attendance for the season, and they haven't, he said if it's a 1000 and we have 2200 season ticket holders :popcorn:

If it stays at 1,000 max capacity, they should go in order of most hfboards comments

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Any suspensions coming from last night's game? If so, will they carry over to the regular season?

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Any suspensions coming from last night's game? If so, will they carry over to the regular season?
I think Dawson McKinney will get suspended because of the 2nd fight, but don't know how many games if any. Don't know who was the Hamilton player that also had a 2nd fight.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I think Dawson McKinney will get suspended because of the 2nd fight, but don't know how many games if any. Don't know who was the Hamilton player that also had a 2nd fight.

2nd fight in the same stoppage is 2 games. Ryan Humphrey got it for HAM

reeno

Sep 22, 2017
Paputsakis invited to Ottawa development camp
E-wtNVEXEAMavdY

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Did not think he stood out at training camp but then what do I know? Your thoughts?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Did not think he stood out at training camp but then what do I know? Your thoughts?

Would likely be a depth add I assume. Also Tullio, Moore, McSorley and Jesus are going to NHL camps so might miss a preseason game or 2 and you can only play if you're signed, so they might need to sign someone just to have enough guys if those 4 aren't back yet

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Any chance the Gens look to move Tullio and/or Moore? I am just looking at their roster construction and am struggling to see them as a contender in any of the next 3 seasons unless they do.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Any chance the Gens look to move Tullio and/or Moore? I am just looking at their roster construction and am struggling to see them as a contender in any of the next 3 seasons unless they do.
Not unless they get off to a horrible start and are out of it come the deadline. They plan on trying to contend this season. Other than Kingston, I really don't see any teams better than anyone else in the East. Will come down to who adds. Apparently the Gens have a "top pairing D-man" coming in via trade before the season starts. Who that person is, I don't know.

If Kevin Niedenz is as good as they expect him to be, Niedenz-Harrison-Tullio projects as one of the best lines in the league

Reactions: HockeyPops

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Are we sure he's that good? From what I can tell he wasn't on anyone's draft radar this summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad