Oshawa Generals 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Mitchell Brewer and Kevin Niedenz have been added to the Gens pre season roster. I know Roger was still talking to Brewer ongoing about him playing this year so maybe he’s back in. That would be nice as your OAs could be Paputsakis, Brewer and Stepien who are all good OA’s.
Disregard this. Brewer isn’t back this year. Just had it confirmed to me

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
To add the to already lengthy list of ways the Gens got screwed by covid: Jake Richard will not be at camp. He was going to sign in his rookie year at camp but then it got canned and since then I guess a USHL team has made some interesting promises to him and he's now weighing options and hasn't made a decision yet. So with no Richard, Brewer or Fowler, here is my updated pre-camp lineup based on who's signed (hearing talks with Parfenyuk are moving in the right direction and they expect him to be a Gen):

F Lines:
?-Harrison-Tullio
Niedenz-Ritchie-Stepien(OA)
McKinney-Gagnier-Buckley
Way-Michaud-?
Others: McSorley(OA), Whitton

D Pairings:
Moore-trade
Jesus-Parfenyuk(unsigned)
?-Pitt
Others: Smith

G:
Paputsakis(OA)
Leaver
Sbrocca.

I'd expect Niedenz to start with Tullio-Harrison but they'd look for a 1LW as the season goes on

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
To add the to already lengthy list of ways the Gens got screwed by covid: Jake Richard will not be at camp. He was going to sign in his rookie year at camp but then it got canned and since then I guess a USHL team has made some interesting promises to him and he's now weighing options and hasn't made a decision yet. So with no Richard, Brewer or Fowler, here is my updated pre-camp lineup based on who's signed (hearing talks with Parfenyuk are moving in the right direction and they expect him to be a Gen):

F Lines:
?-Harrison-Tullio
Niedenz-Ritchie-Stepien(OA)
McKinney-Gagnier-Buckley
Way-Michaud-?
Others: McSorley(OA), Whitton

D Pairings:
Moore-trade
Jesus-Parfenyuk(unsigned)
?-Pitt
Others: Smith

G:
Paputsakis(OA)
Leaver
Sbrocca.

I'd expect Niedenz to start with Tullio-Harrison but they'd look for a 1LW as the season goes on

Obviously no one in the league benefited from the pandemic but damn it really seems like the Gens took it on the chin comparatively speaking.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Obviously no one in the league benefited from the pandemic but damn it really seems like the Gens took it on the chin comparatively speaking.

Yeah every team got screwed by it for sure, but some teams obviously more than others. Losing the chance to host the Mem Cup, losing out on a full year of Phil Tomasino, would've had some pretty high end OAs in McShane, Vallati, Kooy and now potentially losing out on Jake Richard (door isn't closed yet but Gens are no longer the front runner) is a tough blow.

Even despite all this though I think the Gens are likely one of the top 5/6 teams in the East this year

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

a few teams did; Gens, Steelheafs, Firebirds, Greyhounds especially, I guess add Spirit

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Tullio will be a colt , you guys can have akey
Unless the Gens are one of the last place teams around the deadline somehow, I can guarantee you that won’t be the case, Gens are looking to contend in the East this year and trading their best player (and owners son) isn’t a way to do that

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Unless the Gens are one of the last place teams around the deadline somehow, I can guarantee you that won’t be the case, Gens are looking to contend in the East this year and trading their best player (and owners son) isn’t a way to do that

look man I hope so, I live in barrie on weekends and Oshawa during the week (closer to work), I didn’t know they’d be contending .

who else is contending in the east?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
look man I hope so, I live in barrie on weekends and Oshawa during the week (closer to work), I didn’t know they’d be contending .

who else is contending in the east?
I’d expect Kingston 1, Barrie 2 and maybe Hamilton/Oshawa as 3/4. There’s a million unknowns this year with so many new players but those teams all have a good amount of returning guys

I might’ve had North Bay in that Hamilton/Oshawa group but they just lost their best player next year, Brandon Coe

Will likely come down to which teams add

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I'd put the 67s and Petes at the top of the list as well.

right; The Pete’s were (all-in) with 2000 born. I was only thinking 2020-21 season cancelled entirely. There were 4-5 teams that spent heavy gearing up for 2019-20 playoffs.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I’d expect Kingston 1, Barrie 2 and maybe Hamilton/Oshawa as 3/4. There’s a million unknowns this year with so many new players but those teams all have a good amount of returning guys

I might’ve had North Bay in that Hamilton/Oshawa group but they just lost their best player next year, Brandon Coe

how about Barrie #1 if for no other reason than it’s entirely possible that the next 4 seeds are from the east? Not likely, but the east sure seems stronger

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
how about Barrie #1 if for no other reason than it’s entirely possible that the next 4 seeds are from the east? Not likely, but the east sure seems stronger

I heard today from an OHL person that Foerster likely isn't back (along with Perfetti, Sebrango, Perreault, Byfield, Drysdale) and if that's true, that's a massive loss for Barrie. They also have no goalie right now after losing Greaves. Kingston has Shane Wright and also and NHL drafted goalie, which is why they're the unquestioned #1 going into the season for me.

Weirdly enough though they think that Ryan O'Rourke will be sent back to SSM, which surprises me as I think he's pro ready right now.

If that person is wrong and Foerster gets sent back then the gap is significantly less, but obviously Barrie still needs to find a goalie in a league where there aren't very many established ones at all going into next year

Reactions: HockeyPops

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
I heard today from an OHL person that Foerster likely isn't back (along with Perfetti, Sebrango, Perreault, Byfield, Drysdale) and if that's true, that's a massive loss for Barrie. They also have no goalie right now after losing Greaves. Kingston has Shane Wright and also and NHL drafted goalie, which is why they're the unquestioned #1 going into the season for me.

Weirdly enough though they think that Ryan O'Rourke will be sent back to SSM, which surprises me as I think he's pro ready right now.

If that person is wrong and Foerster gets sent back then the gap is significantly less, but obviously Barrie still needs to find a goalie in a league where there aren't very many established ones at all going into next year

how credible is this ohl person? It’s still crazy for me to think any other year it’s guaranteed these players come back. But you guys missed out on tomasino so atleast the pain is shared between us <3

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
how credible is this ohl person? It’s still crazy for me to think any other year it’s guaranteed these players come back. But you guys missed out on tomasino so atleast the pain is shared between us <3

Its someone heavily ingrained in the OHL. So they're likely for sure right that Philly's plan is to keep Foerster as of now. But if he looks bad in camp or to start the season then he could be sent back, who knows

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Its someone heavily ingrained in the OHL. So they're likely for sure right that Philly's plan is to keep Foerster as of now. But if he looks bad in camp or to start the season then he could be sent back, who knows
A part of me wishes I was a gens fan growing up, although they are my second team it’d be nice seeing as their tickets are half the price howie charges in barrie

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017

Where do you see confirmation north bay will be without coe?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Do I have him mixed up with someone else? I thought he was going to the AHL next year

Read something on SJS prospects a week ago; he is, but there is a chance he’s sent back
Coe on NB pre-season roster. That does not necessarily mean anything more than he’s protected, but …

Last edited:
Reactions: Generalsupdates

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI

O'Rourke is already back in the Soo by all accounts. Not sure he had the ability to go back to the AHL after camp, but there is that.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

I think Barrie is #1 under the assumption Foerster is AHL bound. For me, Kingston loses points mid-season for lack of high end depth while top three players are at WJC, Wisdom still not yet back from injury, and lack of tradable assets

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I think Barrie is #1 under the assumption Foerster is AHL bound. For me, Kingston loses points mid-season for lack of high end depth while top three players are at WJC, Wisdom still not yet back from injury, and lack of tradable assets
Kingston is one of the only teams that has a real goalie in the east. That matters a lot

Losing points during WJs doesn’t matter when Kingston will likely very easily be a top 2 seed going into playoffs anyways. The playoffs is what matters and their guys will be there for that. Also Barrie likely loses Clarke and Olausson for WJs too

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Kingston is one of the only teams that has a real goalie in the east. That matters a lot

Losing points during WJs doesn’t matter when Kingston will likely very easily be a top 2 seed going into playoffs anyways. The playoffs is what matters and their guys will be there for that. Also Barrie likely loses Clarke and Olausson for WJs too

agree regular season standing does not determine playoff winner, I thought the thread was more about playoff seeding … I think the east division teams have a slightly tougher schedule so I think Barrie (best team, imo) ends with #1 seed. Kingston should be very good, Oshawa can buy it’s way to being very good, Ottawa might find itself a couple of top OAs away from contention, and Hamilton just might be in the best position of the east division…the Pete’s 2003-04 seem quite good but 3-OAs away from 9th :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad