Oshawa Generals 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
Why would it be canceled Mississauga hasn’t been exposed to the virus.
Mississauga played Sudbury Nov 21, 25 and 26. They also spent the night of the 25th in Sudbury. The city as well as the Wolves are dealing with covid issues so they may well have been exposed.
I can also attest to the fact the weather and driving conditions north of Oshawa and up to Peterborough were extremely poor yesterday, so that may also have been a consideration.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Mississauga played Sudbury Nov 21, 25 and 26. They also spent the night of the 25th in Sudbury. The city as well as the Wolves are dealing with covid issues so they may well have been exposed.
I can also attest to the fact the weather and driving conditions north of Oshawa and up to Peterborough were extremely poor yesterday, so that may also have been a consideration.
They tested negative

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Petes tweeted today that anyone who went to their last 2 games is considered a minimal Covid exposure risk

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Thoughts from Game 21 @ MISS:

-Brutal game from the Gens, you could probably argue their worst played game of the season, if not, then it was one of them for sure.

-Michaud on the PK gets blown by 2 MISS players at the same time for the 2nd MISS goal. He's becoming unusable at this point. Time to move on from him and go take a flier on a guy to use in that spot, like OS did with Portokalis. Unless his skating improves a ton, he's not a serviceable OHL player, and it hasn't improved at all to this point.

-Stewart, Smith and Moore were extremely physical on D all night. Moore with the huge hit on Hardie. (side note: does MISS just not have a team doctor at the games? Hardie's shoulder is clearly f***ed up, he goes straight to the room holding it, then comes back for the final shift of the game, does 1 poke check, throws his gloves off and sprints to the room while the team celebrates. Who cleared him to come back?? Hopefully they didn't just mess up his shoulder for longer because of that)

-Really don't know how the Gens were even in the game with 2 minutes left but then they completely lose Beck in the slot for the game winner with 1:07 left. I guess a positive is that they had 3 chances the entire game and it was tied 2-2 with 2 minutes left, but that was just ugly from start to finish. If they were against someone better than Mississauga that's a 9-1 final.

Edit: actually there is a positive in this game. Had Gens moneyline and Gens +1.5 and Ty Collins had a breakaway with no goalie with 5 seconds left but had no idea how much time was on the clock so he just didn't put it into the empty net in time, so Gens +1.5 hit and it was a wash today. Thankful for that lol

Reactions: Whatanathol

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
Mississauga didn't have a great game either. That said, I think you're exaggerating a bit on your comment 'against someone better than Mississauga that's a 9-1 final'. Mississauga's doing just fine this season.

First time watching Harrison. I get that he can shoot and just stands there in the slot, but that's it. Am I missing something? He does not look at all like a NHL draft pick, and I'd argue his skating is worse than Michaud's.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Mississauga didn't have a great game either. That said, I think you're exaggerating a bit on your comment 'against someone better than Mississauga that's a 9-1 final'. Mississauga's doing just fine this season.

First time watching Harrison. I get that he can shoot and just stands there in the slot, but that's it. Am I missing something? He does not look at all like a NHL draft pick, and I'd argue his skating is worse than Michaud's.
The Gens played terrible for 60 minutes straight and it was tied 2-2 with 2 minutes left. Against Kingston, North Bay or Hamilton, that's a 9-1 game. Mississauga is a fine team and are probably getting the most that they can from this current roster. They're also not in the discussion with those teams as championship contenders. That's what that comment meant, and it's true. Gens played relatively well for majority of the game Friday and lost 5-0 in KGN. They played terrible for almost all the game today and it was tied with 2 minutes left. Its not a slight on Mississauga, they're just not in that top tier. Was jsut saying thank god today wasn't against someone in that top tier or it would've gotten embarrassing.

And yes, you are missing something if you're saying Harrison is a worse skater than Michaud lol. He'll go through stretches where he's kept to the outside too easily without trying to work his way in, which he can do, but skating isn't the issue when he's struggling (and to say struggling, he had 2 primary points today on 2 Gens goals lol)

richardn

Mar 6, 2004
Sault Ste. Marie
Is the possibility of trading tullio at the deadline looking more and more possible?

I think he would look great in a Hounds uniform. Love his play style and good solid all around play and work ethic. For forwards outside of MCTavish I think he’s the best other option. I low key would rather have Tullio I think he would be a great fit with any of the Hounds top 2 lines.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I think he would look great in a Hounds uniform. Love his play style and good solid all around play and work ethic. For forwards outside of MCTavish I think he’s the best other option. I low key would rather have Tullio I think he would be a great fit with any of the Hounds top 2 lines.

Yeah he's definitely the type of player that a team needs if its going to win. Can play on your top line and keep up with the top guys. Can also be used in a shutdown role and excel. Which is why I was surprised he didn't at least get an invite to WJ camp. Very well rounded player. I bet he ends up being an NHL player.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Toms and couple seconds for tulio
The D is locked up for the next handful of years and F is already a point of weakness so I think they’d be looking for an F+picks in a Tullio deal. Savard would obviously make sense because his dad was one of the best Gens ever, but he’s an 03 so probably would be looking for someone younger than that to pair with Ritchie. But he’s also the owners son so not sure he’d ever even become available. Although Rychel did trade his son in WSR in his last year for his one chance at a run so who knows

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
The D is locked up for the next handful of years and F is already a point of weakness so I think they’d be looking for an F+picks in a Tullio deal. Savard would obviously make sense because his dad was one of the best Gens ever, but he’s an 03 so probably would be looking for someone younger than that to pair with Ritchie. But he’s also the owners son so not sure he’d ever even become available. Although Rychel did trade his son in WSR in his last year for his one chance at a run so who knows

I don't think Savard is going anywhere more like Jordan D'intio

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
I don’t think either one would get Tullio. Savard is an 03 rookie in the league. His value can’t be super high

Edit: didn’t realize D’Into was also an 03 rookie. His value would be extremely low

what are you expecting for tullio? Don’t forget this isn’t 2015 anymore where 5-6 high end draft picks + 3 4ths, a 5th,6th and 7th will get you Dylan sadowy for 5 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad