Oshawa Generals 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Yeah I thought he would've. He never really had a chance to make the team, so selfishly for Gens fans its better he didn't even get invited. No need to miss 7 games to not have a real shot to make the team anyways

Brandt Clarke and Brennan Othmann didn't get invited either
No invite for Kerins either

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Wisdom, Johnston, Lennox also overlooked. Even including Ahlers, poor OHL representation. 9 of 35.

Reactions: dirty12

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Wisdom, Johnston, Lennox also overlooked. Even including Ahlers, poor OHL representation. 9 of 35.
Wisdom is hurt so didn't really have a chance. Lennox shouldn't have been invited, he hasn't been good and the 3 goalies on the team are clear. Kerins, Johnston, Tullio, Clarke should've been. Clarke being the biggest omission to me

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
McSorley to LDN for a 10th. I'm shocked they were able to trade him. No offence to Tye because he is what he is, but he's not an OHL player. Tough as nails but in 2021 nobody will fight him so just ends in him taking stupid penalties trying to goat guys into a fight

Reactions: dirty12

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
McSorley to LDN for a 10th. I'm shocked they were able to trade him. No offence to Tye because he is what he is, but he's not an OHL player. Tough as nails but in 2021 nobody will fight him so just ends in him taking stupid penalties trying to goat guys into a fight
Is that the thanks we get for Mermis and McCarron?
Well, you did give us Graves! Lol!

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I always liked McSorley for his grit but he unfortunately wouldve been better suited for his playstyle a generation ago. Glad we were able to get something for him.

Good Luck Tye!

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Yeah I thought he would've. He never really had a chance to make the team, so selfishly for Gens fans its better he didn't even get invited. No need to miss 7 games to not have a real shot to make the team anyways

Brandt Clarke and Brennan Othmann didn't get invited either

IMO, Clarke and Othmann deserved an invite more than Wright.

but what’s that going to do for the 2022 nhl draft tv reviews? TSN and James duthie need views! Wright needs to play!

Reactions: nelli27 and O fan

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
IMO, Clarke and Othmann deserved an invite more than Wright.

but what’s that going to do for the 2022 nhl draft tv reviews? TSN and James duthie need views! Wright needs to play!
All 3 should be there, but Wright is the best all around player in that group. And he’s been a star for Canada at international tournaments in the past

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
All 3 should be there, but Wright is the best all around player in that group. And he’s been a star for Canada at international tournaments in the past

i believe I heard from Craig button Wright had an underwhelming hockey Canada this past summer.

his ohl season so far follows that up. Maybe dominated before last summer but I don’t know if there’s been any sense or dominance lately

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
i believe I heard from Craig button Wright had an underwhelming hockey Canada this past summer.

his ohl season so far follows that up. Maybe dominated before last summer but I don’t know if there’s been any sense or dominance lately
He had 14 points in 5 games at the U18s as their captain, with 9 goals. And even this year he has 22 points in 19 games. Which is almost the same stat line that Clarke has. Did you see the hockey Canada GMs comments on Clarke? Basically saying they don’t feel like he can play in his own end at the WJ level

Reactions: ottsabrefan

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
He had 14 points in 5 games at the U18s as their captain, with 9 goals. And even this year he has 22 points in 19 games. Which is almost the same stat line that Clarke has. Did you see the hockey Canada GMs comments on Clarke? Basically saying they don’t feel like he can play in his own end at the WJ level

I didn’t see these comments, I thought everyone was just left in the dark as to why he wasn’t invited, and confused at that.

I’d like to see the GM’s perspective. I guess Clarke is pretty run and gun

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Calum Ritchie is so good my god. They're losing 4-3 with 2.8 seconds left. He wins an offensive zone draw and they score to send it to OT. Then he gets a breakaway in OT and scores to win gold. I'll clip it when I get home

Reactions: The Little General

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Moving this weekend so I'm gonna do both

Oshawa beats Kingston 5-4 GWG Stepien
Oshawa beats Mississauga 4-2 GWG Tullio

TommyV27

Sep 20, 2019
Counting on the Gens getting something going with Ritchie’s return…Gens 5-2 over the Fronts, Ritchie to continue his hot week with the winner.

We’ll be heading down the highway for this one, I’ll see you in section 112!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad