Oshawa Generals 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Don’t tell me Oshawa is gonna trade tullio to London for Rolofs… ohl insiders dropping hints

edit: nvm Michaud plays for gennies

Reactions: LDN and LDNknights

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Don’t tell me Oshawa is gonna trade tullio to London for Rolofs… ohl insiders dropping hints

edit: nvm Michaud plays for gennies
If they can pull off a Rolofs for Michaud deal, I would be estatic. That’s exactly what I was saying in my post after the MISS game. Trade Michaud for a guy you’re taking a flier on. Rolofs hasn’t put it all together yet but can fly

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
what are you expecting for tullio? Don’t forget this isn’t 2015 anymore where 5-6 high end draft picks + 3 4ths, a 5th,6th and 7th will get you Dylan sadowy for 5 months
High end 04 or mid tier 05 + picks if I had to guess. But again, definitely not certain he’s even on the table

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Seems like a nothing move to trade Rolofs for Michaud…. Doesn’t improve anything for either team… just a situation switch

Reactions: Devin

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Seems like a nothing move to trade Rolofs for Michaud…. Doesn’t improve anything for either team… just a situation switch
For London I agree. For the Gens I think that'd definitely be an upgrade. Both guys havent had great starts to their OHL career but Rolofs has elite speed, which is the tool that is most sought after in junior usually. I'd love to pair him with Ritchie and Harrison the next year and a half and say okay just keep up with these 2 and rack up the points. Michaud can't do that so he can't crack the top 6.

Rolofs seems like an ideal "change of scenery" candidate

Reactions: Whatanathol and LDN

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
Keep up with them? Only Ritchie has speed. Harrison has to be one of the slowest NHL draft picks I’ve watched.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Oshawa, Ont., – The Oshawa Generals announce they have acquired winger Stuart Rolofs from the London Knights in exchange for a 3rd round pick in 2024 (Kitchener’s) and a 6th round pick in 2025.
Rolofs is London’s 1st round pick, 20th overall, from the 2019 OHL draft. In 46 career OHL games, Rolofs has three goals and six assists. Six of those points have come in the first 15 games this season.
Generals receive:
  • F – Stuart Rolofs
Generals trade:
  • KIT 3rd Round Selection in 2024
  • OSH 6th Round Selection in 2025

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Keep up with them? Only Ritchie has speed. Harrison has to be one of the slowest NHL draft picks I’ve watched.
You literally admitted 2 days ago that you’ve seen him play 1 game. And in that 1 game he had 1G/1A and the team only had 2 goals lol. Stop embarrassing yourself

Reactions: LDN

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Oshawa, Ont., – The Oshawa Generals announce they have acquired winger Stuart Rolofs from the London Knights in exchange for a 3rd round pick in 2024 (Kitchener’s) and a 6th round pick in 2025.
Rolofs is London’s 1st round pick, 20th overall, from the 2019 OHL draft. In 46 career OHL games, Rolofs has three goals and six assists. Six of those points have come in the first 15 games this season.
Generals receive:
  • F – Stuart Rolofs
Generals trade:
  • KIT 3rd Round Selection in 2024
  • OSH 6th Round Selection in 2025
Big fan of this deal. Was told last night that LDN has was 2nd+5th. Glad they didn’t have to give up a 2nd but he seems like a great bounce back candidate. After last game I said go take a flyer on someone who needs a change of scenery and this is it. Has a ton of speed, which this lineup could use

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Cupboard lis still very full, especially in this coming draft with 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 4th and 2 5ths

I'd expect at least 1-2 of those 2022 picks I just mentioned to get moved though as you can't have 9 top 5 round picks in the lineup (believe 4 is the max). But either way, it's setting up really well for the Ritchie/Buckly/Marrelli group and 9 top 5 picks to be a force of a team when Ritchie is 19. That's likely the Gens next big chance to do something special. Hopefully Rolofs can be an impact OA on that team

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Cupboard lis still very full, especially in this coming draft with 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 4th and 2 5ths

I'd expect at least 1-2 of those 2022 picks I just mentioned to get moved though as you can't have 9 top 5 round picks in the lineup (believe 4 is the max). But either way, it's setting up really well for the Ritchie/Buckly/Marrelli group and 9 top 5 picks to be a force of a team when Ritchie is 19. That's likely the Gens next big chance to do something special. Hopefully Rolofs can be an impact OA on that team

If the cupboard is so full why not give us a 2nd? ;)

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
You literally admitted 2 days ago that you’ve seen him play 1 game. And in that 1 game he had 1G/1A and the team only had 2 goals lol. Stop embarrassing yourself

Just because he had 2pts in the game doesn't make him an exceptional or fast skater.

Stop embarrassing myself? Go here:

2021 NHL Draft Prospects: Brett Harrison is the strong, goal-scoring center every team is looking for on draft day

Harrison is a kid that brings a ton to the table but has scouts shying away from a first-round grade because of a perceived lack of speed.

It would be inaccurate to describe Harrison as being a strong and efficient skater. He has a wider stance, is bent slightly forward, and has what is normally referred to as “heavy feet”. Once he gets to his top speed, he can keep up but lacks the acceleration to generate separation.

Third-round pick Brett Harrison's Bruins fandom runs in the family

Scouts and analysts praise Harrison's shot, his ability to get to the front of the net, and his hockey IQ, while questioning his skating ability.

2021 NHL Draft #40: Brett Harrison Scouting Report

Harrison’s skating is a bit of a work in progress. He has a very straight stance and lacks the knee bend and hip flexion to really give his stride power. This means that his acceleration as well as his top-end speed are a bit below average

Reactions: Fischhaber and LDN

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Just because he had 2pts in the game doesn't make him an exceptional or fast skater.

Stop embarrassing myself? Go here:

2021 NHL Draft Prospects: Brett Harrison is the strong, goal-scoring center every team is looking for on draft day

Harrison is a kid that brings a ton to the table but has scouts shying away from a first-round grade because of a perceived lack of speed.

It would be inaccurate to describe Harrison as being a strong and efficient skater. He has a wider stance, is bent slightly forward, and has what is normally referred to as “heavy feet”. Once he gets to his top speed, he can keep up but lacks the acceleration to generate separation.

Third-round pick Brett Harrison's Bruins fandom runs in the family

Scouts and analysts praise Harrison's shot, his ability to get to the front of the net, and his hockey IQ, while questioning his skating ability.

2021 NHL Draft #40: Brett Harrison Scouting Report

Harrison’s skating is a bit of a work in progress. He has a very straight stance and lacks the knee bend and hip flexion to really give his stride power. This means that his acceleration as well as his top-end speed are a bit below average

I usually respect what GU says about players as he has a keen hockey eye, but perception of speed is something that myself and most scouts have disagreed with him on a lot over the years. I don't think they are wrong about Harrison, but he's certainly an impact OHL player.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I usually respect what GU says about players as he has a keen hockey eye, but perception of speed is something that myself and most scouts have disagreed with him on a lot over the years. I don't think they are wrong about Harrison, but he's certainly an impact OHL player.
The only time I can remember you and I ever talking about speed was the day the gens drafted Oliver Suni, and you said that he was extremely slow. Of course being dead wrong as by far his biggest asset was his speed and then you and I argued about that comment after you had never even seen him play to that point. Was there another time I’m forgetting?

The Harrison convo is about him as an OHL player. 03 fan said hes slower than Daniel Michaud and is now trying to distort the convo by acting like we’re talking about his nhl upside, we’re not. This is an OHL forum.

I can say Patrick Leaver is pretty good as an OHL goalie and it doesn’t mean he’s going to win the Vezna in the NHL

Last edited:

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Think the generals would trade Michaud to the sting for Nikita Tarasevich and a pick? Tarasevich is a smaller skilled forward who is also 18 and hasn’t found his way in the league yet. Originally a commit to Michigan state university.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Think the generals would trade Michaud to the sting for Nikita Tarasevich and a pick? Tarasevich is a smaller skilled forward who is also 18 and hasn’t found his way in the league yet. Originally a commit to Michigan state university.
I would assume that like Rolofs, Michaud would only cost draft picks and you wouldn't have to also include a roster player

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I would assume that like Rolofs, Michaud would only cost draft picks and you wouldn't have to also include a roster player
Tarasevich is a guy that just needs a change of scenery has speed and skill just needs a new team I think, and sarnia has so many smaller guys that I think flipping him for a bigger player like Michaud and then adding a pick with Tarasevich would almost be better for sarnia. What is Michauds game like?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Tarasevich is a guy that just needs a change of scenery has speed and skill just needs a new team I think, and sarnia has so many smaller guys that I think flipping him for a bigger player like Michaud and then adding a pick with Tarasevich would almost be better for sarnia. What is Michauds game like?
His ceiling is probably a net front PP guy and a good face-off 2nd/3rd line centre when he's 19. But he hasn't really taken steps towards that in oshawa like he was expected to. A lot would be fixed if he got better with his skating and was more willing to play hard in front of the net. He did it in the pre-season and was over a point per game so he's definitely a good change of scenery candidate

Last edited:

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
DM has "earned" the nickname Dune Buggy. All frame. No body. He has been very disappointing as a General to date.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
His ceiling is probably a net front PP guy and a good face-off 2nd/3rd line centre when he's 19. But he hasn't really taken steps towards that in oshawa like he was expected to. A lot would be fixed if he got better with his skating and was more willing to play hard in front of the net. He did it in the pre-season and was over a point per game so he's definitely a good change of scenery candidate
His skating extremely poor or average ? We just got rid of Justin O’Donnell he had to be the worst skater in the league lol.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
His skating extremely poor or average ? We just got rid of Justin O’Donnell he had to be the worst skater in the league lol.
He skates very upright and his top speed is extremely low because of it. Makes it hard for him to be effective at all or be physical because it limits his lateral movement a lot.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
If you watch this replay, watch the 2nd MISS goal and you'll see what I mean about his lateral movement

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
The only time I can remember you and I ever talking about speed was the day the gens drafted Oliver Suni, and you said that he was extremely slow. Of course being dead wrong as by far his biggest asset was his speed and then you and I argued about that comment after you had never even seen him play to that point. Was there another time I’m forgetting?

The Harrison convo is about him as an OHL player. 03 fan said hes slower than Daniel Michaud and is now trying to distort the convo by acting like we’re talking about his nhl upside, we’re not. This is an OHL forum.

I can say Patrick Leaver is pretty good as an OHL goalie and it doesn’t mean he’s going to win the Vezna in the NHL

If we're going to use hyperbole and false statements then I'm not interested in continuing this conversation, but there were several other instances in which you disagreed with myself and most scouts and constantly brought it up.

Regarding Suni in particular, scouting reports to this day still peg him as an average skater that has good but not great top speed and an awkward stride with a poor first few steps.

That's what they said before he even made the OHL too, but you lost it when I made reference to several scouting reports. We'll just have to agree to disagree. You have a very different interpretation of skating ability than I do and that's alright. Maybe you are right in some of these instances. We're not pro scouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad