Oshawa Generals 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
In a year with so many high end Americans I am surprised London would be moving any picks and not swinging for Americans because they could probably talk $ome of them into coming

There will be a few teams swinging imo. Saginaw & Kitchener do it early regularly now, Flint has been the last couple of years and set up well with 2(4ths, 5ths), Sarnia & Soo have had a bit of luck, .. it’s good not to let the knights get those players with 5ths

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
There will be a few teams swinging imo. Saginaw & Kitchener do it early regularly now, Flint has been the last couple of years and set up well with 2(4ths, 5ths), Sarnia & Soo have had a bit of luck, .. it’s good not to let the knights get those players with 5ths

Pretty much every team does it every year, some just do it earlier than others

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
yep. Schmidt, Power early 2nd and Saginaw gambling 1sts on USNTDP

In the last 4 drafts:

Mississauga took Jack Hughes 8th
Sarnia took Weiss 15th
Petes took Robertson 16th
London took Stranges 21st and Perrott 34th
Flint took Gretz 23rd
Hamilton took Kaliyev 26th and King 39th
Saginaw took Jenkins 4th, Turcotte 27th, Wilde 35th
Owen Sound took Guzda 31st
Oshawa took DeBoer 32nd
Kitchener took Schmidt 36th
Erie took Saganiuk 37th

So 11/20 of the teams have taken an American in the top 2 rounds over the last 4 drafts

If you expand it to the last decade, only 3 teams haven't:
LDN: 7 (Stranges, Perrott, Jones, Gleason, Werenski, Broadhurst, Jenkins)
SAR: 4 (Weiss, Chmelevski, DeAngelo, Galchenyuk)
SAG: 4 (Jenkins, Turcotte, Wilde, Provorozniouk)
FLNT: 3 (Gretz, Greenway, Iafrate)
NIA: 3 (Brown, Wilkie, Haydon)
WSR: 3 (Keller, Moore, Webermin)
OSH: 3 (DeBoer, Cassels, Petaccio)
HAM: 2 (Kaliyev, King)
MISS: 2 (Hughes, Ebert)
ER: 2 (Saganiuk, Lodnia)
PBO: 1 (Robertson)
KIT: 1 (Schmidt)
BAR: 1 (Tortora)
OTT: 1 (Henley)
GUE: 1 (Kirwan)
NB: 1 (Clarke)
SBY: 0
KGN: 0
SOO: 0

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
If you are bored try the crossword on the Gens site. Should keep you busy for few minutes

Awagner3018

Sep 27, 2018

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Was rooting for Freedom in those last couple games, but it looks like he couldn’t avoid the shutout.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
After sweeping Barrie in round 1, the Gens beat Sudbury 4-2 in round 2 and are off to the Eastern Conference finals to take on Mississauga (who beat the Petes and then swept Ottawa).

Brett Harrison has 17 points in 10 playoff games and McShane has 14 points in the 10 games

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
I’m actually hoping wakely falls to you guys you draft him and trade him and picks for Robertson. I know his parents would enjoy watching him play Anything can happen

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Is there a stream or way to watch the OHL draft live or just blog updates?

three dog night

May 3, 2014
After sweeping Barrie in round 1, the Gens beat Sudbury 4-2 in round 2 and are off to the Eastern Conference finals to take on Mississauga (who beat the Petes and then swept Ottawa).

Brett Harrison has 17 points in 10 playoff games and McShane has 14 points in the 10 games

Missy true fantasy

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Top 3 goalie in the conference. Best Dman in the conference. Hardie/Schwindt/Washkurak can carry the team up front. I think they had a legit chance to beat the Petes in round 1 in real life
Nope can not see it by watching the two teams when they came to Niagara

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Top 3 goalie in the conference. Best Dman in the conference. Hardie/Schwindt/Washkurak can carry the team up front. I think they had a legit chance to beat the Petes in round 1 in real life

I would not have picked the Trout in the first round but they did have a chance against Peterboro. But even with blue coloured glasses on, there is NO way they would defeat Ottawa in four.

Perhaps the rest of these "Playoffs" deserve a thread of their own. Would hate to clutter up the Gens pages anymore then I have with this.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Nope can not see it by watching the two teams when they came to Niagara

Then that settles it.... lol no offence to niagara but that's not exactly a team someone gets up to play so I don't think that's really a good indicator.

Petes would've been the favourite but MISS did beat PBO 2/3 in 2020

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Then that settles it.... lol no offence to niagara but that's not exactly a team someone gets up to play so I don't think that's really a good indicator.

Petes would've been the favourite but MISS did beat PBO 2/3 in 2020

Oct 26th 10-3 ptbo
Jan 5th 7-3 miss
Jan 24th 4-3 miss
March 7th 5-1 ptbo

Mississauga was a very under rated team this year but they weren’t beating Ptbo 4 of 7 in rnd one. Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad