Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I expected a lot more from #18. The only time he was visible really was when he was trying to draw penalties.
Unfortunate off night likely, genuinely was excited to see him tonight.
Very solid team you've got there though. Happy my squad didn't throw in the towel after falling behind. Another great night at the rink.

Was the fewest I've seen him (the entire first line) play in the last 2 years under Walters. I think the 4th line had as much TOI or maybe even more, if you take away PP time. I assume that's Walters trying to limit their minutes because they play again on the road tomorrow night and wanted to give the depth guys more minutes against NB. Worked out as McKinney gets his first 2 career goals and the GWG

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Was the fewest I've seen him (the entire first line) play in the last 2 years under Walters. I think the 4th line had as much TOI or maybe even more, if you take away PP time. I assume that's Walters trying to limit their minutes because they play again on the road tomorrow night and wanted to give the depth guys more minutes against NB. Worked out as McKinney gets his first 2 career goals and the GWG
Sure, good point but I wasn't talking ice time, when he was on the ice he was unnoticeable.
You don't have to make excuses, the kid had an off night. It's allowed.

Reactions: Iloveallsports

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Sure, good point but I wasn't talking ice time, when he was on the ice he was unnoticeable.
You don't have to make excuses, the kid had an off night. It's allowed.

Not making excuses, he's a 2nd round pick to the NHL, he'll be okay. I'm talking about the Gens. The head coach chosing to play the all-rookie 4th line as much as the future all-pros 1st line is a talking point I think

Coe looked like a poor man's Serron Noel tonight I thought, which is exciting for NB fans. Doesn't have the same ability to use his reach while at full speed like Noel does, but a year younger and a late birthday guy so that should come. Usually takes the longest for the huge guys to learn

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Lol I'm not making excuses, he's a 2nd round pick to the NHL, he'll be okay. I'm talking about the Gens. The head coach chosing to play the all-rookie 4th line as much as the future all-pros 1st line is a talking point I think
Hey, I get it, he's your Auston Mathews, people aren't allowed to criticize. You turn my observation and complements about your team into " ya we beat you playing our 4th line all night". You're a beaut.
I don't need your amateur commentary to know the Generals are a far superior team. Your reaction is like you've got to prove something. #18 had an off night, get over it and yourself.
Good night, poor winner.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Hey, I get it, he's your Auston Mathews, people aren't allowed to criticize. You turn my observation and complements about your team into " ya we beat you playing our 4th line all night". You're a beaut.
I don't need your amateur commentary to know the Generals are a far superior team. Your reaction is like you've got to prove something. #18 had an off night, get over it and yourself.
Good night, poor winner.

I mean, I was literally beating the drum that they should trade Noel because with or without him I think they have the same ceiling as a team, but sure it's more fun to be dramatic and make things up!

How you could possibly take me pointing out (to the thread, not to you) that Walters did something tonight that he literally has never done in his 2 years here, as a personal shot at you individually, is insane. You're not going to believe this, but the "Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread" is not actually all about ViewFromSection9. Crazy, I know...

Also weird that in your soliloquy about how I'm a "terrible winner", you didn't mention the other half of that post where I said how good Coe is and how he's really coming into his own. But you forgot to mention that, weird how that works.... It doesn't fit your narrative=you just pretend it didn't happen. We've all seen that on these threads with you a million times so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Reactions: LR8 and Nerf27

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
I mean, I was literally beating the drum that they should trade Noel because with or without him I think they have the same ceiling as a team, but sure it's more fun to be dramatic and make things up!

How you could possibly take me pointing out (to the thread, not to you) that Walters did something tonight that he literally has never done in his 2 years here, as a personal shot at you individually, is insane. You're not going to believe this, but the "Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread" is not actually all about ViewFromSection9. Crazy, I know...

Also weird that in your soliloquy about how I'm a "terrible winner", you didn't mention the other half of that post where I said how good Coe is and how he's really coming into his own. But you forgot to mention that, weird how that works.... It doesn't fit your narrative=you just pretend it didn't happen. We've all seen that on these threads with you a million times so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
You mean the kind words about Coe which you edited in to your post after I quoted it.
Nice try Spin doctor.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
You mean the kind words about Coe which you edited in to your post after I quoted it.
Nice try Spin doctor.

You know it says "lasted edited: Today at ___" if someone edited it right...? Mine was not edited lol... Got anything else or are we done here?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 11.38.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 11.38.57 PM.png
    284.2 KB · Views: 3

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Actually, I win because now you've resorted to reaching for things I never said after reaching for things I didn't do in your last post. Have a great night ;)

"The facts will set you free "
-John 8:32
-GeneralsUpdates
Didn't reach. Sorry, I'll make it more clear.
I believe that Noel played great. Therefore, you win because I was clearly misinformed in my initial post saying I have was disappointed that he didn't have a good night because I was hoping to see him have a good night. Bring it if you will. That was a saying, I am not actually asking you to bring anything.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Didn't reach. Sorry, I'll make it more clear.
I believe that Noel played great. Therefore, you win because I was clearly misinformed in my initial post saying I have was disappointed that he didn't have a good night because I was hoping to see him have a good night. Bring it if you will. That was a saying, I am not actually asking you to bring anything.

I can't tell if you think I'm actually a Noel stan or if you just wanted to go at me so you used that as ammo. But you're in this thread a lot (usually involved in the discussions and haven't missed a game for the nightly who's going to win guesses) so I feel like you have to know that I'm in the "we should probably trade Noel because it significantly helps next year and while only kind of hurting this year" crowd. Which is why this whole this is very confusing for me

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Anyone think there's any chance it's Paputsakis tomorrow?

Based on how Walters has been using them, I can't see it not being MacLean tomorrow night

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I think the streak ends tomorrow unfortunately, everyone's gotta lose sometime. Having said that my prediction for THIS THREAD is Gens win 4-3 OT Noel GWG

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
I’ve enjoyed the ride . Hope for a big win tonight but I’m going to go with.....

Wolves 5
Gens 3

Gwg byfield

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
It sets itself up for an Oshawa is not that good response that so many are waiting for . So Wolves 4 Gens 2 Byfield. Class factor on this one minus 4

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
Anyone know why Resnick was scratched last night?
I think it was simply a case of getting everyone some ice time. McKinney and Ganier need playing time to develop for now and the future. This should have been an easy game and we face Sudbury tonight so it was a logical game to get them in. I expect Resnick will be back in tonight.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Again it's Oct 11th and what is the hold up on the Danial Walker decision as the offence happened on Oct 5th :huh: why is it taking so long.

OshawaFan2018

Nov 26, 2018
Again it's Oct 11th and what is the hold up on the Danial Walker decision as the offence happened on Oct 5th :huh: why is it taking so long.

They should make a swift decision so to allow Oshawa to decide whether or not they will keep Walker or waive or trade him. As well for the player to see if he can find a landing spot to play

Reactions: Olden
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad